I finally got caught

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I tend to drive on the fast side, but I've never had an accident related to my speed or gotten a ticket for speeding. I was on my way to the humane society today, and I was getting drowsy as I was driving (dangerous, I know :() I think that's why I hadn't set my cruise control and was going faster than I realized (83 in a 70). It was dark, and I saw a cop in the median just as I was passing him. I knew I was toast when he pulled out.

I told him I had a good driving record and had never had a speeding ticket before, and he only gave me a 5 over ticket. Still, this will be 2 points and a $100 fine. My stomach has been churning all day and I feel really bad about the whole thing.

I am contemplating just paying the ticket and not telling Karl...do you think that's wrong? :uhoh:

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you live but try to get probation with your ticket. It's better than a guilty. (at least that's what my insurance company in IL told me) Or go to traffic school! The ticket won't go on your record then. :wink:

I don't know that I have many options for fighting this - he has written in the notes section that I was clocked at 83. And to my knowledge MI does not have the traffic school option like other states have :sigh:

oh well, everybody makes a mistake

just pay it and drive more carefully in the future

its not a big deal, its about time you got a ticket, its a good lesson

bonosloveslave said:
I am contemplating just paying the ticket and not telling Karl...do you think that's wrong? :uhoh:

Absolutely not. Do not open that door. Unless Karl has lived a perfect life, he should understand.

Chizip's right, it's not a big deal, it's a good lesson.

I think all States have to have some option, but I could be wrong. Not so much to fight it but to prevent it from going on to your record. But you should look into it.

But you have to tell. Why try to lie about it? Plus if you let it go on your record there's a chance of your insurance raising, and he'll probably notice.

Last edited:
Well, that's the thing - I pay the bills and do the checkbook, he has no clue what we pay for car insurance. It's not specifically lying, but yeah, it probably is better to just come clean about it so it's not an issue later.

You never want to get use to not communicating about things. It is the first step to letting a vibrant relationship die.

Both my wife and I call each other with "guess what bone-headed thing I did today" calls. Karl should be a safe place for you - especially with the small stuff like this.

I'll be praying for both of you.

nbcrusader said:
You never want to get use to not communicating about things. It is the first step to letting a vibrant relationship die.

Both my wife and I call each other with "guess what bone-headed thing I did today" calls. Karl should be a safe place for you - especially with the small stuff like this.

I'll be praying for both of you.

NBC, your wife is lucky to have such a great guy

My husband would be the first person I would tell, because I know he would give me a hug and tell me to slow down because he loves me. :wink: He'd also make me feel better about making a mistake.

Just my $.02. :wave:

HeartlandGirl said:
I know he would give me a hug and tell me to slow down because he loves me. :wink: He'd also make me feel better about making a mistake.

That's how it went :)

Wonder if my waterworks helped :hmm:

But he wants me to go to bed early now :angry:

there should be a way to not have the points appear on your record, thus not making your insurance go up. i just go to traffic court. you don't even have to contest it, just plead guilty and since you showed up they'll take the points off and you just have to pay the fine...or is it court costs? i forget but they'll both be about the same in price. also, you don't have to pay that day, you have like a month afterwards to pay.

at least this is how it works in tennessee. i don't believe we have a traffic school option either. did the guy who pulled you over mention anything about your date in court other than the date and time? i'm always told (heh, i've received two speeding tickets, i'm SUCH a pro) if i go to court, i get no points. thank god because i have enough cuz of my accident. i'll have that on my record till i'm 24 or 25, ugh...

nbcrusader said:

:confused: when I tell my wife I want her to go to bed early, I better get a :sexywink: and not a :angry:

He just was worried about me being tired - he was gonna cut out with the guys to go see Matrix :rolleyes:

Khan, to my knowledge MI is different - I can just pay the ticket and get the points, or contest it. My only chance would be if the cop doesn't show up fo the court date, then it gets dropped. Maybe it wouldn't hurt, just on the off-chance he can't make it. If I could just pay the fine, I wouldn't care so much about that. It's the points and the insurance increase that kills you in the long run :sigh:

I got caught in Minnesota. I tend to drive fast as well, but I rarely get caught. It's a matter of alertness. I was driving up to Fergus Falls to see my cousin, I was tired, and BAM! Right behind me. I didn't even see the little shit till he red-lighted me. It was broad daylight, which meant that I shouldn't have been driving that fast if I couldn't pay enough attention to see him first. He got me for 90 in a 75. I mailed my check as soon as I got back to Calif. I told Steve about it. He laughed at me for finally getting caught and getting caught from the opposite side of the road! I was considerably slower all the way home.

martha said:
I got caught in Minnesota. I tend to drive fast as well, but I rarely get caught. It's a matter of alertness. I was driving up to Fergus Falls to see my cousin, I was tired, and BAM! Right behind me. I didn't even see the little shit till he red-lighted me. It was broad daylight, which meant that I shouldn't have been driving that fast if I couldn't pay enough attention to see him first. He got me for 90 in a 75. I mailed my check as soon as I got back to Calif. I told Steve about it. He laughed at me for finally getting caught and getting caught from the opposite side of the road! I was considerably slower all the way home.

"Wow, for a second I thought Martha said that BAW was right behind her!"

I've been stopped at least 5 times but with my gift of gab and my Declaration that I am a former foot solider of the Alliance, I manage to continue on without giving my signature... !! :lmao:

Yes, I've probably jinxed myself! :yes:

In my days of pulling people over, all it took was a nice attitude, a genuine look of understanding why I stopped you and how you shouldn't do it again.... = no ticket..

Never, EVER, give the officer an "I'm better than you" attitude! that will get you ticketed.

Give me lip and you're toast! Write 'em, Cowboy!

"Broke the hearts of few but screwed the Driving Records of Many!!!!!"

:yes:

Yeah, my hubby has gotten out of basically all his tickets by being polite, using "sir", not denying whatever the cop think he did, and saying something to the effect of, "If you could help me out at all, I'd really appreciate it...." - I got a little help, but maybe not enough if this goes on my record. Karl now thinks that it may just be the fine. He got a ticket once for 5 over on a highway (which this should also classify as) and the cop said it was no points. So I guess I'll have to wait and see :uhoh:

Just to let everyone know that I was really a nice cop, I would not write a speeding ticket unless you were going 15mph+ over the posted speed limit... :up:

But if you rolled through that STOP sign, forget it....!
didn't use that signal when you made that lane change and cut the guy off...forget it!

I was working along the beach just south of LAX. I stopped this guy - dig this.. the light for traffic turns red; the car in the intersection and the vehicle behind it on the crosswalk continue through with their left turns; no problem...I

It was the driver of the third car that was way before the crosswalk that elects to follow the other two through the intersection against a SOLID red light.

I stop him and he begins crying about "the 3-car rule"...What the hell????

He said that in New York " drivers have a 3-car Rule"... I look him real stern, use my pen to point to the beach and I tell him, "my friend, that's the Pacific Ocean!"

:lmao:

I've got thousands of 'em!!!!

Back
Top Bottom