I feel my luck could change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
I've been in school for a loooong time. In fact, I don't remember a time when I wasn't in school, since it's essentially been my entire life.

I completed my H.BSc. in Immunology, which took me 4 years, and then continued on with Biotechnology, which is another 2 years. I started looking for a job recently, something full time in my field. It was SO frustrating! Truly if you don't have a good contact within a company, it's nearly impossible to even find job listings much less make an application.

But I ended up being at the right place at the right time last week, and interviewed with a world renowned researcher who actually gave me an interview because he thought I had slightly different qualifications than I did. In any event, he found this out during the interview, but then turned to me and said, you know what, I can do something for you anyway.

I got a VERY good (understatement) research position in his lab, which is situated in one of the top 5 pediatric/research hospitals in the world, full authorship on all publications, and an employee compensation/benefits plan which is unmatched by any competing facilities.

Yeah, I think my luck is changing. Yippee! :wink:

Congratulations Anitram.

The Biological Safety Officer in my office has been trying to find another job for months, with no luck. Biotech is a difficult field to develop a career path in.

Congratulations again. :up:

Back
Top Bottom