I feel like everyone has met the band except me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

404 Not Found

The Fly
it seems like 50+% of the people who post here have met at least one of the members of U2. When's my turn? I'm not asking for much.

Originally posted by 404 Not Found:
it seems like 50+% of the people who post here have met at least one of the members of U2. When's my turn? I'm not asking for much.

Your time will come.
smile.gif

------------------
"The line on the screen is broken. What once was asleep has woken." - I Am Kloot, "To You"

Originally posted by 404 Not Found:
Don't worry, I haven't either. But I have met 5 members of another favorite rock group, ASIA.

Take comfort in this:
You have the coolest name of all interferencers!

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:

Take comfort in this:

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

I haven't met them, either. It would be nice, but is not a goal or something I have much desire to do, and I have never made any effort to meet them. I have met so many famous people through my work over the years that unfortunately I am very jaded by it and turned off by the scene of how people respond to famous people. Still, I think U2 might be the one experience where I wouldn't be disappointed--I've just heard too many good things!

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Take comfort in this:

aww thanks 80's and ghetofabu! my purpose in life has been fulfilled lol

and OTO - don't you get my hopes up!

I've never met them either. *sigh* Been a fan since April 1, 1995.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

p.s. oh, who am I kidding

I want to meet them now.

I've never met them either. *sigh* Been a fan since April 1, 1995.

bonochick--that truly makes you a fool for U2
biggrin.gif

I have never met them either...... I dunno, I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I would like to meet them more by chance, not by stalking. Sorry, but it seems too many people now are taking advantage of their goodwill towards their fans. Meeting U2 is a privelage, not a right, and it doesn't matter how many times you say you are not a stalker, it doesn't make it any less true.
Meeting the band while on tour is cool, because that's when it's expected by them, but hanging around their haunts in their hometown and at the studio day in and day out, is plain old invasion of privacy. It just seems wrong, and no I am not jealous.
I'll probably never meet the band and that's ok. I like the mystery and hell, it's all about the music anyway. What's the point if I can't have a *real* conversation with them. Talk about what made me like them in the first place--> the music. It seems the music has been forgotten in all this frenzy.
Autographs mean nothing to me.

Anyway... didn't mean to go on, and I am not trying to disrespect those that have met them lately, it's just my personal feelings.

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

Originally posted by Angel:
Anyway... didn't mean to go on, and I am not trying to disrespect those that have met them lately, it's just my personal feelings.

That's ok. As a stalker I do not take offense. jk. lol.
tongue.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Sorry, but it seems too many people now are taking advantage of their goodwill towards their fans. Meeting U2 is a privelage, not a right, and it doesn't matter how many times you say you are not a stalker, it doesn't make it any less true.
Meeting the band while on tour is cool, because that's when it's expected by them, but hanging around their haunts in their hometown and at the studio day in and day out, is plain old invasion of privacy.

Talk about what made me like them in the first place--> the music. It seems the music has been forgotten in all this frenzy.

I agree with you, especially very much on these two things,

including the autograph thing- I never got the big deal with that. I witnessed someone give his/her stuff to a friend to get them signed if the band showed, and s/he walked off to go back to the ga line.. in that case it just hit me as bragging rights.. ok i'm gonna shut up before i can't.

------------------
She comes in colors you know she's gonna turn the daylight on

*Happy Birthday Bono*

If I never meet them, I'll live. I consider myself lucky just for discovering their music (this is why we're all here, right?) and for going to as many shows as I've been able to afford. Some people will never get that.

------------------
I bit my tongue and stood in line
With not much to believe in
I bought into what I was sold
And ended up with nothing

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i haven't met bono
wink.gif

Yeah but you have a Kick @ss name so that is your saving grace. Have you modified you will yet???
biggrin.gif

------------------

I have had the good luck and fortune to see them perform live four times. I?ve been able to visit the U2 sites of Dublin. I?ve signed the U2 wall. And I got to mouth "thank-you" to Edge between my tears and see him smile and nod back when I stood a few feet away from him in Boston. If I never run into them in person, that will be alright. I have a head full of melodies and a heart full of memories and a soul full of music that aren?t for sale at any price.
smile.gif

I have never met them either...... I dunno, I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I would like to meet them more by chance, not by stalking. Sorry, but it seems too many people now are taking advantage of their goodwill towards their fans. Meeting U2 is a privelage, not a right, and it doesn't matter how many times you say you are not a stalker, it doesn't make it any less true.
Meeting the band while on tour is cool, because that's when it's expected by them, but hanging around their haunts in their hometown and at the studio day in and day out, is plain old invasion of privacy. It just seems wrong, and no I am not jealous.
I'll probably never meet the band and that's ok. I like the mystery and hell, it's all about the music anyway. What's the point if I can't have a *real* conversation with them. Talk about what made me like them in the first place--> the music. It seems the music has been forgotten in all this frenzy.

I agree Angel. Excellent post.

I admit I do want to meet U2 and I became kind of depressed after several attempts failed during te Elevation Tour because I knew te tour was over and I missed getting to talk to tem in person and tell tem tanks (my letter between g and i is broken sorry) If I could just meet tem once, it would be enoug, and all I'd ever ask for. I would treasure te experience forever. I want to meet tem, ug tem and tank tem. But like Angel said, it's fine to meet a band on tour, but tere are boundaries and limits I respect and wouldn't cross trying.

All you wo didn't meet tem- don't feel so bad, I've been a fan for 21 years wit no luck.

(I won't post again until I get a new keyboard.)

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
(my letter between g and i is broken sorry)

LOL! i'm sorry, but that is funny!

I agree with a lot of what has been said. I would love to say thanks someday but i have many great memories nonetheless.

The only reason I got to meet Bono and get him to sign my UF LP (yep, the original viynl) was because I decided, against my original intention, to venture into NYC to pay my respects at Ground Zero on Oct 29/01. We had seen them the night before in Jersey, and they were appearing on Letterman. At the concert Bono had mentioned how they had themselves visited that day, and I was quite moved by his passionate monologues that night on the tragedy. We were actually leaving NYC when I looked over and saw the Letterman building, so we ducked down the side alley where the guests come out, and waited for the show to end. But there were tons of other people there with staked out positions so I thought that at best, getting Bono to even look our way would be a miracle. When the show ended out came Larry and Adam, signed a few autographs. Then came Edge and Bono, Bono signed a few for some professional autograph seekers and then said 'ok folks thats it', heading for his car..we were the last people right before the area where the police were blocking...my brother was holding my UF and I was holding my JT album (we were trying to double our chances) and he goes 'aw dude, just one more for my brother here, he's been a fan for over 20 years' so Bono whips out the pen, signs my album..my bro goes 'dude you just made my brother's year and last nite was his first show ever, you rocked' (or something to that effect, I was completely speechless and for once could find absolutely nothing to say) and Bono goes 'well then Im really glad to have signed it and glad you boys had a good time last night..good luck mate'...and then jumped into his Lincoln and sped off into the night...

When I got back to my vehicle there was a $50 ticket for parking in a police only zone but boy oh boy was it ever worth it.

I dont feel bad about that autograph because of the chance way I got it, if anything it makes it that much more special to me than if I had camped outside their rehearsal spot or ran screaming like a crazed fan up to them demanding one, know what I mean?

If I was in Europe I would try and pass thru Dublin to see all the U2ey places, but I would NEVER stake out their houses or favorite bars or anything...too groupie for me I guess!
smile.gif

Gabriel

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:

(I won't post again until I get a new keyboard.)

LMAO at your lack of 'H's!!! Too cute.
wink.gif

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
That's what all stalkers say. HAHAHA!

I'm not! I've never been to their homes, never been to Dublin (other than the airport), never followed them anywhere. I've only met Bono (because he's always here), and the one I really want to meet is Adam.
biggrin.gif

[edited to add the smiley in case I sounded mean
smile.gif
]

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 05-14-2002).]

I have never met the band either. I'd never tried before this tour. It was always enough just to go to one concert.

And , of course, it is still just enough to go to see the concert! But with the internet and all these other people you get to know through it, you hear the stories and realize people are meeting them.

I would love to talk to Bono someday, but I swear if it was just a meet, "hi , how are you? thanks for the picture" thing, it would make me feel a bit awkward.

But, yet, I would take it!! We can't expect anything more really, because he is just a person, like you or me really. An amazing person but still a regular person (let's not forget that) who I believe does deserve his privacy.

Back
Top Bottom