I feel like everyone has met the band except me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Sicy:
Yeah I agree with u2utah & joyful girl.

This is just getting ridiculous. If I were the band..
icon25.gif

I have so much respect for them.. they are such kind hearted people, truly amazing.

And I just want to say that if ever even got the opportunity to meet them for 5 MINUTES it would be the happiest moment of my life, it would fullfill me, and I would treasure it forever.

Next time its going to be like "oh yeah, we met the band again.. no biggie.. Bono danced with me in the studio, Adam and I had a beer.. yeah.. * yawn.. cool stuff".

Exactly Sicy.

just for the record, i did not intend this thread to turn into 'let's slag those that have met the band' (i dont condone stalker type activity either but i'm not calling anyone a stalker here).

it was a simple confession or whatever you wanna call it.

and i rarely read pleba. like angel said, i don't see any fighting here.
ok just had to get that off my chest. carry on.

[This message has been edited by 404 Not Found (edited 05-16-2002).]

Originally posted by Angel:
you are talking about events that have taken place in PLEBA, how is that relevant here? I don't go in to PLEBA, don't know what's going on in PLEBA, not even interested.

I don't see anyone fighting in Zoo Confessionals. Just my observation......

There has been a bit of unrest in PLEBA Land lately. I think Maddie was responding to that. I'm not meaning to put words in Maddie's mouth, but I know where she is coming from.

Maddie: I think there was just a genuine concern as to how much time some people spend around the studio. Maybe (and this is just a conjecture since I can't really speak for Sicy, Elvis, or anyone else) their concern is that a message might be sent to other Interferencers, that hey we can go to the studio and the guys will invite us in for tea. They might be concerned that the studio would get flooded with fans who may expect more then what the band can give them.

My 2 cents: I think that if U2 or their security felt that anyone involved posed some kind of threat to the band, it would be dealt with immediately. However, I also feel that the band's generosity toward us as fans can easily be abused and taken for granted. I can see how both "sides" feel about the whole thing....one side wanting to meet the band and have their "moment." While the other "side" is concerned that their actions may be too much and ultimately hurt band/fan relations.

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

Ok, ok look forget about what I said, ok?
smile.gif

it doesnt matter, i just had an opinion.........it dont matter no more.......Im best not stickin my foot in anyway...

HOWEVER, on a lighter note, for 404 Not Found, IF ur interested mate, here are two stories of how I almost, ALMOST met two of them, but not quite...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/004083.html

http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/004119.html

They're a bit crap like, but, maybe u'll enjoy readin them......
smile.gif

and hell yeah, 404 def. has the best name on here.......!

Originally posted by daisybean:

My 2 cents: I think that if U2 or their security felt that anyone involved posed some kind of threat to the band, it would be dealt with immediately. However, I also feel that the band's generosity toward us as fans can easily be abused and taken for granted.

Yes, it has been, and why continue to take advantage of their kindness and keep pressing your luck and taking chances until you force the band to eventually HAVE to do something to put a stop to it? Three members of the band have been more than generous already, and if the fourth hasn't that's his decision and I'm sure he has his reasons. They don't want to have to have anyone run off, and I'm sure most fans give them no reason to, but it reaches the point where you should just get a clue yourself and be happy for what you got and move on.

...one side wanting to meet the band and have their "moment."

We all want our "moment" but when you have already had numerous "moments" and are still after the band for more, they have to be wondering, as someone posted, "what more do they want from us?" It has to end somewhere.

Someone told me a story about Bono in Vencie, Italy last fall. Every day he was out walking the streets. There was a man from the Italian fan club who met him. Bono was very nice, gave him his autograph and left. The next day, he 'found' Bono again. He was nice and chatted a bit with the guy. But the guy followed him every day. Finally, Bono was forced to kindly beg the man to please stop 'stalking' him and leave him in peace. Then the man got his feelings hurt, got all angry and was dissing Bono to people. It's sad when it reaches that level, and I hope most fans would never put themselves in a position to have that happen. I know I wouldn't.

While the other "side" is concerned that their actions may be too much and ultimately hurt band/fan relations.

Yes, it could, and as a fan I worry about that. I can also understand how those who run this board do not want their site used as a place to display activities that were perhaps achieved using methods that were not approved of or endorsed by them, and they have that right.

I would also like to stress that NO ONE has said, claimed, insinuated or even thought that every person who has ever met the band is a 'stalker'. Most are certainly not. It depends on the circumstances involved.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 05-16-2002).]

Originally posted by mad1:
Ok, ok look forget about what I said, ok?
smile.gif

it doesnt matter, i just had an opinion.........it dont matter no more.......Im best not stickin my foot in anyway...

HOWEVER, on a lighter note, for 404 Not Found, IF ur interested mate, here are two stories of how I almost, ALMOST met two of them, but not quite...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

They're a bit crap like, but, maybe u'll enjoy readin them......
smile.gif

and hell yeah, 404 def. has the best name on here.......!

cool, thanks maddie!
*runs off to read maddies threads

Originally posted by mad1:
...IF ur interested mate, here are two stories of how I almost, ALMOST met two of them, but not quite...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

maddie!!! I loved your stories! Especially the one about the Edge. How you reacted to the situation is awesome! I wish more people were like that. That would have been a cute scene... Edge, wife and child. awwww, I am such a sucker for happy families!
biggrin.gif

Hey Sicy. Wasn't there a thread that was like this like a couple of weeks ago that was similar to this?

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Sorry, I shouldn't say this but I saw something interesting in the paper this morning that reminded me of this thread, and just what is considered 'stalking.' It said a woman from Germany was arrested for stalking actor Richard Gere after calling and faxing him many times and appearing at his New York office at least six times in fourteen months! She was arrested when she showed up at the office the last time. She avoided jail by pleading guilty to aggravated harrassment and promising to move back to Germany and leave the actor alone. True story.

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
We all want our "moment" but when you have already had numerous "moments" and are still after the band for more, they have to be wondering, as someone posted, "what more do they want from us?" It has to end somewhere.

Someone told me a story about Bono in Vencie, Italy last fall. Every day he was out walking the streets. There was a man from the Italian fan club who met him. Bono was very nice, gave him his autograph and left. The next day, he 'found' Bono again. He was nice and chatted a bit with the guy. But the guy followed him every day. Finally, Bono was forced to kindly beg the man to please stop 'stalking' him and leave him in peace. Then the man got his feelings hurt, got all angry and was dissing Bono to people. It's sad when it reaches that level, and I hope most fans would never put themselves in a position to have that happen. I know I wouldn't.

I agree.

A thought out and non-random meeting or two is cool, but when it starts to get excessive...that's not right.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

i guess i am one of the "discussed" here as well.

I have been a fan for 18 years now, i moved to europe 5 years ago and was transferred to dublin from london for my work last year before slane. Four weeks ago i visited the studio for the very, very first time. I couldnt believe it but i met bono. It was an absolute priveledge and not a right i was expecting nor should expect at all - just like anything to do with U2's music.

He gave something personal to me that day, and i went back recently to try and return something to him, for me it felt not really as a fan but as a friend. I failed and probably wont go to the studio again, maybe just principle management or something.

I am kind of of the opinion that they are working in the studio, it's their job - a bit like going on tour. Is hanging around the entrances to the arenas in five different cities or their hotels any different? No, its probably worse. But this is dublin, and in dublin the vibe is to be cool and not hassle people. Thats why they love it here - it's their town. I think it's fine to check out the studio, but to live around it constantly would just rightly annoy them. Yet posting stuff here about where the band members live or even discussing their personal lives is far worse. What if you met them in a restuarant would you go up and chat? I understand that its easy to get carried away in the hype and forget that it's all about the music. There is no conclusion to this post.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
LOL sort of sounds like what happens in Mrs. Edge's stories happening in real life.... but now Sicy if yours ever happened in real life...
eek.gif
*dies*

Oh man. * flashbacks * swooooooooooon...

Yeah I agree with u2utah & joyful girl.

This is just getting ridiculous. If I were the band..
icon25.gif

I have so much respect for them.. they are such kind hearted people, truly amazing.

And I just want to say that if ever even got the opportunity to meet them for 5 MINUTES it would be the happiest moment of my life, it would fullfill me, and I would treasure it forever.

Yeah I certainly would never have as much patience as they do! But they are quite open to people in certain circumstances.... and I totttallly agree with you in the 2nd para too..

Next time its going to be like "oh yeah, we met the band again.. no biggie.. Bono danced with me in the studio, Adam and I had a beer.. yeah.. * yawn.. cool stuff".
LOL sort of sounds like what happens in Mrs. Edge's stories happening in real life.... but now Sicy if yours ever happened in real life...
eek.gif
*dies*

------------------
To drink it slow I can't let you go

*U2 Take Me Higher*

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 05-17-2002).]

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
What if you met them in a restuarant would you go up and chat?

Definitely not. I saw Bono sitting at the table next to me at a club in NYC many years ago. No one bothered him and that's the way it should be.

Originally posted by Angel:
I would have to disagree....

thanks angel !
I am glad to see you guy's wouldn't hassle them in a restuarant. Unfortunately, i still think a lot of people would.
As for "stalking", check this out from a few years ago:

Adam Clayton's Stalker Set Free
By Sam Pazzano - Toronto Sun
Thursday, October 30, 1997
A Toronto man accused of stalking U2 bassist Adam Clayton for three years appeared in court for a bail hearing yesterday.
Robert John Hector, 34, was remanded in custody until today when the hearing resumes before Justice of the Peace Jim Oates.
Hector was arrested Monday before the band's concert with criminal harassment of the Irish rock band superstar.
The justice of the peace imposed a publication ban on the evidence presented ar Hector's bail hearing. Police said a man telephoned Clayton up to 200 times a day and, in March 1996, flew to Dublin where he was arrested outside Clayton's residence.

This is awful - although i don't know how the hell he got his number.

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 05-20-2002).]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom