I feel like a complete loser...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dutch Partygirl

War Child
I just had a phonecall from a company that I did two jobinterviews with (both for the same job). They choose somebody else... This has happened to me for about 6 times in the past six months now. I get an interview and then they choose somebody else. I feel like such a loser right now. Maybe I should get really drunk tonight... I really wanted this job...

:hug:

It's been happening to me a lot lately too. I even got rejected by a temp agency yesterday (they said they had no jobs matching my skills, yet every job advertised on their site was an office/admin/receptionist job and I have two and a half years of office-based work experience....). I've even applied for a job as a cleaner and gotten rejected.

Well, the rest of my life isn't going according to plan either. Lately I've got the feeling that everything is going wrong... This was just the drop to make me post something actually... I guess we're both in the same position AcrobatMan... :(

Meegannie: Sorry to hear that! I hope everything will work out fine for you! :hug:

what you don't HAVE, you don't NEED it now

BE all that you CAN be

some days ARE better than OTHERS

if you dream, then dream OUTLOUD

don't LET the bastards grind YOU down!

smell the flowers WHILE you CAN

do any of the above do anything for you? i hope so... :wave:

:hug: for all of us. i've been looking for a job since i graduated (last year, how depressing), and it's been like beating my head against a brick wall. sometimes i succumb to the wallows of self pity, but i know i'm not a loser and neither are you. it's frustrating, but i have to keep believing that we just haven't found what we're supposed to be doing yet. keep at it, girls, better things are coming.

Dutch Partygirl said:
Well, the rest of my life isn't going according to plan either. Lately I've got the feeling that everything is going wrong... This was just the drop to make me post something actually... I guess we're both in the same position AcrobatMan... :(

i think Job and money is not so important....as many other things..

but i agree they are necessary

:hug: good luck for the next job... if you are not selected for a job..doesnt mean anything..and you shouldnt give a damn about it ..

someday if you get rich..you can open a company...interview lot of people..reject them all..tell them they are not worth it.. :)

how about that :)

Last edited:
:) You're right AcrobatMan. Job and money aren't as important as some other things in life. I don't have to be rich... I just want a normal job and I don't want to get rejected all the time.

Thanks for all your reactions...

And dandy: good luck to you as well!

thanks! i have an interview next week for the best job i've been in the running for yet. it's hard not to be excited even though i know an interview isn't a guarantee. if they pick me, i'll be able to move into my own apartment, start paying my student loans, save up a little for the tour next year... and, most importantly, get a nestegg going so i can afford to move to a real city within the next year.

it's not so much the money and stuff i'm excited about, it's the whole self-sufficiency and meaningfully contributing to society that matters. not feeling like an isolated hermit with no connections will be such a treat.

of course, i could be back to square one and feeling like a loser all over again before i know it, but i'm trying to stay positive. eventually someone has to see our fabulousness and take us up on it!

Hope everything will be alright soon,, and U2neat !!,, Good choice of lyrics for this topic

(((Dutch Partygirl)))

I really feel your pain. Looking for a job can be one of the most humiliating experiences out there. We work so hard, develop our skills, get an education, and get doors slammed in our faces. I'm graduating from college next month and I'm not looking forward to the job hunting process. I have a lot of people in my corner, willing to help out, but that' no guarantee. And often the best man or best woman does not get the job. But I'm not bitter.

I've mentioned this before....a really good book for job seekers is "Knock 'Em Dead" by Martin Yates. It goes over everything that you need to know. Things like cover letters, resumes, interviews and phone calls are covered and there are lots of examples.

This book helped has helped several friends get the jobs and promotions they wanted.

Good luck

small update on the life of me:

interview went well, landed the job. unfortunately they can only offer me part time right now, which kinda stinks, but it's better than nothing. there is hope that it will end up full time. *fingers crossed*

the best part: i'll be making slightly less than my friends who are slaving away doing their articles, working 80 hour weeks, while i'll only be working 20.

so, that's my christmas gift.

:up:

Well, my wife got a job in another city about a month and a half ago, and I can't move up and be with her until I find a job there. Kind of fun being a bachelor again (basically watch movies and play video games ) but I do miss her a lot.

Makes getting regected by companies that much harder. :sad:

hang in there guys. i know how frustrating and disheartening the job search is (took me a year and a half to land something worthwhile).

good luck with the search. it sucks, but hopefully things will work out soon.

Back
Top Bottom