I Feel Awful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
This happened a few weeks ago or so, but I just found out about it.

I was at my friend's house, and a group of us were hanging out...4 guys and me. Well, we had been kind of horsing around and everything while watching a movie...we were kind of getting rough with each other, but we were all laughing, so I didn't think anything of it.

Apparently, I had been choking one of them so badly that after I left, he went to the sink and spit up a bunch of blood. He had problems swallowing for about a week and even had to go to the doctor. He ended up being put on medication to help with the inflammation/swelling.

I feel so horrible. I never want to see them again...I feel like such a violent bitch. My one friend just said that I don't realize how strong I can be sometimes, but that's no excuse. I didn't realize anybody was getting hurt. I thought we were all just having fun, ya know?

:hug: BC :hug:

ditto to what bg said, it wasn't intentional. heck, my brother hit me over the head with an empty paint can when I was a kid and I had to get stitches...I know it's not exactly the same, but accidents happen.

You didn't mean to hurt anyone Kat and I'm sure your friend knows that :hug:

I'm stronger than I realize too...I once kicked my cousin right in the nads so hard he couldn't breath. I was just playing but I really hurt him. They turned blue and swelled up and he had to go to the ER. He didn't even get mad at me because he knew I was just playing. My aunt wanted to kill me but that's another story :uhoh:

:hug:

You didn't mean anything bad, and I'm sure your friend knows that and won't hold a grudge.

BTW: Bono's American wife: is nads what I think it is? :eek:

My goodness! Why didn't he say something at the time? He surely knew it was only in fun, and not anything more than that, otherwise he would have said something then and there! Dont let this get to you sweetie. Everyone is right. Imagine if it were you, and someone inadvertantly hurt you, you'd not make a fuss for knowing they had no intention of hurting you.
Last summer when we had bad rain, our backyard flooded and the neighbours were all over trying to help us stop the water getting through the weep holes and when it had ebbed a bit, we were standing on our patio trying to surf on these wooden boards we used to displace the water. My friend who is a really big guy was trying to splash me with it and kick it over at me when it slid out and smashed into my ankle. I was standing there silently trying not to cry out from the pain when he noticed me limp then saw my streaming eyes and then he yelled at me for not telling him he'd done it.
I'm sure it is the same thing with you and your friend.

yeah.. exactly.. talk to him (them!!) If you just chicken out seeing/ talking to them.. they might get the wrong idea (not to blame them) it was an accident, it was unfortunate and not your fault :).. but talk to them and appologize :)
nothing to be affraid of.. but I can understand you feel awkward.. It happened to me too :)

I agree with everyone, it was a total accident, don't worry! I'm suprised that he didn't say something during the horsing around to indicate that it was getting a bit rough. I'm sure he understands. Definitley give talking to him a shot. :) :hug:

I'm with what everyone said above. He didn't say anything...if you were all horsing around it's tough to know when you've crossed the line. I think you should talk to him. I'm sure he'll understand.

Hey Kat, I just now found out about this. :hug: I feel the same way as everyone else had just said so I wont bother repeating it. Have you talked to him yet? :-\

Back
Top Bottom