i fear the edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
not the guitarist, but edges of objects and what not.

you see i have this strange phobia about eyes. it's not strange that i have one i guess, cause really has anyone ever *wanted* an eye injury. for me it is the biggest fear.
does it encompass my life and incapacitate me? certainly no, i am quite active but safety and well being of my eyes is always in the back of my head.
when i wear contacts but i can't wear my sunglasses(ie it isn't sunny or i'm inside) i am extra careful about the position of my head and what is around me.

i don't even like to leave kitchen cabinets open while i put dishes away in case i spin around and take my own eye out!

ok now i'm just grossing myself out. does anyone else have a similar concern focused on some body part?

Now that you mentioned it, I have a fear of knives and get mental images of a slab of flesh from my lap being chopped off by a cleaver.

Also, I have to make my own frames so when I have to cut wood, I think of that famous James Bond scene where the spinning saw is heading for his privates.

Ice-picks conjure up harmful images for the eyes, for some reason, and not other body parts.

When I am cutting up things with my bigger knives, and try tasting the food from the knife, I get mental pictures of the knife slicing my lower lip, then healing again but with a strange cleft.

foray

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I fear the edges of doorways cause I always seem to run into them.

cause you are always drunk
wink.gif

WTF. This just happened a few minutes ago. I was using the pedestrian's crossing when a car full of younguns ran a red light and proceeded to brush past me. They were just one or two centimetres away from me (I'm not exaggerating) and people nearby witnessed and shouted. Ironic thing is this. Just before it happened, I was considering getting insurance and wondering if I'd die of a freak accident.

A little stunned now..

foray

Glad your'e okay Foray
eek.gif

I sure hope you gave them the finger and yelled the proper expletives at those fuckless shit(e)s

I fear z edge!

LOL jk!

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Originally posted by z edge:
Well you fear z edge from austin, but not the dallas version of me, right??

LMAO!!!

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 03-24-2002).]

Ya need to face your fears, ABEL!
tongue.gif

Just...bring him a milk bone!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Ya need to face your fears, ABEL!
tongue.gif

Just...bring him a milk bone!

L
tongue.gif
L

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 03-24-2002).]

I have a deathly fear of driving off bridges for some reason. I even have dreams about it. When it gets windy, and I'm driving, I get nervous. This has now manifested (IRL) in a fear of heights, bridges, driving (sometimes) and even stairs....it sucks to be fearful, even when you know in your head there's no reason for it.

Foray: (((whew))) that was scary...glad you're okay....

Back
Top Bottom