I eat for two.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
But I'm not pregnant!

I don't know what it is with me, but I eat like a fiend at all times. In fact, not only do I eat a lot, but I also have to eat in multiples of 2! I can't have 3 cookies, it will start to bother me until I even it out.

In fact, one day I was at a sausage vendor and ordered 2 sausage dogs. The vendor looked at me like I was crazy and said 2???? People eat 2 hot dogs all the time tho! You'd think that she would have been thrilled to sell these additional wares.

I try and try to control my appetite but to no avail......

I confer

R U sure??? maybe you should take that test again..or check the rabbit...

I have a question..where exactly do you stash it all...really I'd pay good money for that information...I've been in your company for lunch, dinner and breakfast and I can honestly say not only do you eat for 2....but you may eat for a few more...

Question - when it comes to Haagen Daaz, must you have 2 tubs as well....honestly I have no idea where a person your size puts it all..you must have the metabolism of a 2 year old...ok maybe not 2...12...

Folks she speaks the truth and then some....never in all my travels have I seen anyone eat as much as you...not male, not female and not animal that's for sure...I bet you right now you are getting yourself ready to have a snack...make sure you have 2...

Cheers

lol at ya!! There is NOTHING wrong with a healthy appetite, especially with a figure likes yours! Ahhh, you are the envy of us all Jess. ;)

Awww, you guys. :cute:

I hate dieting. I always have. I'm not one of these women who goes out and orders a salad. It's one of the reasons I could never have been a professional dancer. When I was in Holland auditioning for the Dutch National Ballet School, I ate 2 plates of poffertjes (sp??) right before the audition! For those of you uschooled in this culinary delight, poffertjes are little round puffy pancakes mounded onto a plate with half a pound of butter and a mountain of icing sugar!

The night before my audition with the English National Ballet School, I went to the Carvery (a huge buffet) and had something like 5 helpings of everything. It was just unbelievable. I think I tried to sabotage myself subconsciously on purpose!

I come from a family of huge eaters,with me being the hugest. Actually, I do tend to gain weight if not careful. The only way I keep things under control is the ballet class....fortunately, I can tuck all the excess weight in my thighs where it remains more or less hidden, but it IS there!

But my eating really is kind of obsessive compulsive. I really need to get it under control because the older I get, the harder it will be to get rid of the excess weight. I have NO WILLPOWER about anything!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
oh wow i got all excited for a min. and thought you were going to announce that you are pregnant.

i thought so too lol

have you talked to your doctor about your eating? Maybe get some blood tests done, and talk to your doctor to make sure there's no underlying problems...like hyperthyroid or something?

:shrug:

So funny......

I think we talked about this in the greasy spoon a few Saturdays ago, no?

I haven't seen this eating frenzy when I have visited with you (one bran muffin - no wait, that wasn't a bran muffin - and another small item - does not count as eating a lot.)

Well, if this is the case - you do hide it amazingly.

When I go to a record store, I can't buy just ONE CD ... I always have to buy another one to accompany my purcase. :silent: :reject:

As a matter of fact Abel, I went and got my thyroid tested just the other day. We'll see what they say!

Zone, that muffin was just a snack. I didn't want to make a pig out of myself in front of you, but believe me, spend a little time with me and you will be amazed.

;)

OMG! Me too Jess!

Actually, I just can't stand to see anything go to waste...and I eat when I'm bored too. But I can like, go to McDonalds, eat a Big MAc Meal...and still be hungry. It's sad.

Thankfully all those years of dance kept me thin...although the weight is creeping up and settling in my thighs...gah.

I have like, really good days wehre I eat very little. But then I have obsessive days where I need to eat everything in my house. For some reason, this weekend I decided to eat copious amounts of cereal. I ate every brand of cereal we had, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. I hate grains...

This eating...maybe it's a dance thing?
*thinks of all the National Ballet dancers*

Or not....

(I don't remember eating that much when we met for dinner...although I'm quite sure Heather and I ordered desert...did you? I can't remember. Fuzzy brain).

BTW--you never told me you had auditioned for Ballet companies! I had no idea you were that good/serious!!

OMG! That bit about the cereal reminds me of this time when I skipped ballet to go on a "muffin tour of Toronto" where I went to all these different stores to eat every kind of muffin I could think of. (this was how I rebelled as a teenager!). I must have had about 8 of them. *sigh* You know, I probably would have been a proper dancer if I didn't eat so much. :sigh:

Where and how did you get that avatar???!!! I need a dance one too!!!

Anyway, maybe it is a ballet thing all this eating.

It's got to be a dance thing...

*lmao* Jess, that's friggen HILARIOUS! That's exactly the kind of thing that I would do! I'm a bit of a muffin freak myself. I have to learn some self control.

Oh, and my avatar--a photo from the NBS website..it's Xiao Nan Yu. I had a program from last year that had this picture in it-- It's my favourite. So I decided to steal it from the NBS site. I had to crop it a bit, but, ah well....*looks at picture* I wish my attitude looked anything close to that...
On a side note, I've never seen Swan Lake. Do you recommend it??

I sometimes get too busy to eat all that I'm supposed to, and, as a result, I've felt my stomach shrink. ;) I can't eat nearly as much as I used to...

Melon

Back
Top Bottom