i don't want to go to my 10 year high school reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: I really don't blame you. It's been almost three years now since I graduated and the thought of seeing all those people again kind of makes me cringe...Well, I've seen a few of them from time to time anyway because it's a small town, but I couldn't avoid that.

:yes: High school, overall, really sucked for me!

i figured the people i am friends with from high school today are the only ones i care to keep in touch with. those other classmates of mine i could really care less about. i don't feel like being in a room with them and pretending that i care and doing the whole "oh my god Ashley, you look great. Wow lisa you have how many kids now? wow you live were now Mike?" bit.

bite me i don't care enough to act like i care. however being drunk in the same room with them all may be entertaining. :hmm:

I'm only 3 years out of high school, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to the reunion. If you keep in touch with the people who matter to you, why should you care what the others are up to? I do think it would be interesting to see how everyone turned out, though.

I don't blame you.

The thought of being in the same room with my fellow high schooli-ites makes me useasy. But I've only been out of high school for 2 years!

It's disgusting. People in my high school thought they were so cool...and still do. To this day there are people that I see in stores or at the gym who look the other way and pretend they don't know each other...I hate this town.

after one look the names on the reunion committee i was reminded why I despised my graduating class. I have zero desire to attend this b.s. get together.

:| [/B][/QUOTE]

The same exact reason why I not ever attended any of my HS reunions. :no:

lol well your feelings are fresh for your fellow classmates and mine well are over 10 years old and i still feel the same about most of them.

i also don't want to have that dreaded "are you married ?" question asked to me. it is bad enough i have my brother's wedding in july to deal with. you know taking all of the questions from relatives you haven't seen in a while that need to know why you haven't found anyone to marry!

:lol: this fucking summer is going to drive me insane! :crack:

Last edited:
I didn't go to my 10 and I'm not going to my 20 next year. The thought of being nice to people who made my life miserable is not appealing and certainly not something I would pay to do.

i went to my high school reunion and i had a good time. but next i go to a reunion and someone asks me what i do for a living im telling them i invented post-its.

Iris-
Just go.:)
For me, at my 20 year reunion- some of the most satisying things were seeing the once sexy ppl-not sexy anymore.
Seeing the jocks fat and flabby now.:):up:
Seeing the snobs having no cliques to hang with anymore:lol:.
The ppl who once thought they were relevant were no longer relevant now..:)

I was approached to speak at the Sun Morning Service..The topic I was asked to speak about was.."Reminiscing about our Graduation Class":rolleyes:
It was supposed to be happy warm and fuzzy speech.
It was for a bit until I segued into the 2nd half of the speech entitled..:"Does It Really Matter Now"?:mac:
I blasted alot of the materialism and cliques that went on in high school and asked the 38 yr old adults if those things really mattered now..

I got a rousing round of applause from the majority of my classmates gathered that Sun Morning once my speech was over..:)

this is why i think u should go.:)
you will be glad in the end..

diamond

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
well i will have to wait and see if my attitude changes when the date actually roles around. i doubt i will go because i have felt this away about this reunion well since the day we graduated. :lol: it has been a constant arguement with my friends and i.
just go.
if u dont go, the snobs win..

dave
:)

i'll have been out of HS for 4 years this june. I didn't like the people when I was in HS and I surely don't like them now! "If I want to see you, I still talk to you" is my saying. One of my friends wanted a 5 year reunion...lol. I'm not too sure i'd go...the only reason i'd go is to see what happened to the miss popularity people and the oh i'm god's gift to women guys. I saw this one really popular girl that was always so skinny and perky at a local bar over X-mas break...hehe...let me tell you I laughed my ass off...she must have put on 25 pounds and was hanging all over this creepy old man :lmao:

Lori:ohmy:

Velvet, you gotta do what you feel is best.
I look back on my year and really couldn't care anymore about that stuff that happened 10 years ago. We were 16 and 17 back then. None of that matters now. None of us are the same people anymore. At least, I'd hope we aren't.

Which is why I'd also never go back, but I would be tempted. Very tempted :wink: Curiosity is a fault of mine lol.

I wish I could go to the 10 year reunion of the high school I spent my fresh/soph years at, cause I grew up in that town and knew a good number of the people in my class since elementary school, and a handful of them since kindergarten. It would be kinda cool to see where they all are.

As far as the high school I graduated from, there are a few I'd like to see again, but waaaay too many I'd rather not.

:wave: Here I am Iris! To tell you all. :lol:

Disclaimer: I went to my HighSchool Reunion last summer.

[ See old post: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58729&highlight=High+School+Reunion ]

Ok....... so did ya read the thread above? :yes: ? Ok... so now you know I never really enjoyed High School. It's not like I didn't have fun or wasn't popular... it just wasn't for me, High School. :rolleyes:

Anyway.............. so I ended up going. It turned out that soooo many people were going that if you didn't show, you'd look like a real ass. Not that I care what they think, but I went and I am really glad that I did. It was a tough call, because like I said in my other thread... I feel reunions are for braggerts and I am not one, nor did I feel I had anything to brag about. :shrug: You know... not married, no kids, no significant other... crap job. :banghead: I sell myself well. haha

So I got all dolled up and I went. I borrowed my dad's fancy jeep and all, but as if I could even lie and pretend it was mine. :rolleyes: So the first half hour or so was really awkward. People weren't really mingling or anything. The same old cliques were still together and I think half of everyone there still hung out like they did in highschool. :der: It was overall a really good experience. I actually had fun and everyone for the most part was extremely nice. Let's face it- 10 yrs is a lot of time to grow up. *For most anyway.........

continued....

There was one fellow, I admit, that was my ultimate reason for going. To make a long story short.... he liked me all through middle school, but I of course did not like him. Then come High School he blossomed into this sexy Vanilla Ice dancing dude. lol But by then, he had moved on and had a girlfriend at another school and was no longer interested in me. :( Well... I'll never forget, sitting at our highschool graduation and looking up at the balcony (where he was sitting because I think he was a credit short or something) and seeing him totally staring at me. :eek: haha Anyway... so when I saw his name on the list I thought... oh god... will old flames ever die? So I went.
Except!!! The whole night I was too nervous to go and see him so I stupidly waited and waited for him to make the first move. Just like in High School or something! lol But he did, and I'll never forget it. I was sitting at this table and I looked up and he was about oh 30 feet away? and he was looking at me and we just sort of stared at eachother for a few seconds... and then he opened his arms as if to say 'I'm right here baby'. He walked over to me and sat down and we chatted for awhile. I'll admit it, he made me swoon and it was great. I can't believe some of the things he said.... he insisted that he liked me all through HighSchool but I wouldn't have anything to do with him. I said that's not true! I liked you!! but you didn't like me! lol We argued about it for a bit and he put his arm around me and squeezed tight and he smelt sooo good. :heart: I'll email you a picture! haha *Shouldn't post it on the internet... :uhoh:

Anyway.... I guess the moral of my story is GO! I was soooo skeptical about the whole thing and ended up having a really good time. My only regret is that I was driving so I couldn't drink and everyone partied HARD. However, now that I look back on it it was probably a good thing.

As for the old burning flame...... he has a child and a significant other. :sigh: So she has $2,000 breasts... to each their own. lol We were so wrong for eachother, so things really do happen for a reason, but seeing him last summer was awesome and made me realize that he has a special place in my heart and I believe I do in his too.

I will say though, that it really puts you through a mind lick. So weird at 28 to be in a room with over 150 people that you know. All these old memories rushing through your head only to be gone within hours... Kind of leaves you feeling :crazy: But then you get back to reality and it's all good. Now I can look back fondly on the whole thing and even High School. More so than I ever did.

Sorry for the novel.... Maybe I should have posted this as a journal entry... oh well.

Hope this helps you make a decision!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i received in my mail box today the official announcement for my high schools 10 year reunion and after one look the names on the reunion committee i was reminded why I despised my graduating class. I have zero desire to attend this b.s. get together.

:|

Yeah, they really are a time waster. If you DO go, don't go for the dinner. Just cocktails. Trust me.

Tw stories:

MINE: I bought a plane ticket and a reunion ticket and dressed up and went to the hotel.....to find one other guy there. They cancelled it and forgot to call me. I was NOT happy.

FORMER ROOMIE: She went with a group and hung outside of the room it was at and watched people go in - if the people seemed interesting they would go in - if not - it was off to a bar. They ended up going in.

damn mine is in a year and now i am thinking about this. doh

Iris you should probably go. Who gives a rats arse if they ask you about marriage kids etc. So what if you are single? It makes you no better or no worse than anyone else. Ask them how many times they have been to a u2 gig or something (ramling here)

Its only a few hours of your time and maybe it will give you a new perspective on where you are in life or maybe it would just be nice to see a few old faces.

Anyway for what it is worth, like Angel said you might have a really good time. If you go and it sucks - leave early. For what its worth I use to think I would never go to mine, but lifes to short you know. just go and try to have fun.

Kinda agree with diamonds thoughts as well

I dont blame you Iris, nor anyone else, for not wanting to go or not going to their reunion.

High school = unrelenting suck and a half ;(

:rant: :yell: :crack:

Yep, once Im done, I have very little intent to ever speak of it again. Im not going to my grad/prom/whatever, and I want to have as few memories lingering through the years as possible. Its just that bad. I would feel pretty confident in placing a bet that says I dont go to my highschool reunion, any of them. Why epitomize a terrible experience with just one more anti-climactic event? Not worth it.

thanks all for all of your responses. i spoke to my friend yesterday and she asked if i was going my response to her was "i saw the invitation, i read it and tossed it, does that answer your question?" she was not pleased with my response. she told me there are several of our friends from my old group that are not going but i should really consider going. i dunno, i am really torn about going. like you angel, i wasn't picked on in highschool and i wasn't an outcast nor was i popular. i did hang out with people in the "in crowd". i hated high school when i was in it. my friends always laugh at me and make me read my comments in our old yearbooks because from my frosh year on to graduation day i had the same comments. "i can't wait to get out of this unrealistic hell" :|

now, i am sure most have changed and sure as hell hope they have but there are a few reasons why i don't want to attend. mainly due to old friendships that ended on a bad note a couple years ago :huh:

and you know what, the only reason i would go is if i knew my high school crush would be there :sigh: he however went to the rival high school, yes i had to be a rebel and like the quaterback from the rival high school. ;) oh how i :heart: him so. here is a picture of THE guy i am referring to, lol he is one of the few reasons why i loved high school:

:heart:
3373784323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E232335784%3C447ot1lsi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom