i don't want to go to my 10 year high school reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have been out of high school for five years this May. I would NEVER go to a class reunion. Unless it was to see all the people I didn't like in horrible marriages and fifteen kids and still living in Kentucky and working at K-Mart. :shifty:

DiGi said:
damn mine is in a year and now i am thinking about this. doh

I forgot you were so young! ;)

Anyway, I ran for senior class president and was not elected...of course the popular girl one. Whatever. Class of 93 paid for it! Our popular class president and her little chums collected tons of $$$ for the 5yr...couldn't organize it. Claimed they'd have an "8 year reunion" because it was 2000...never happened. Finally the 10 yr date rolled around and they finally pulled themselves together and had a party. Luckily Ed and I were in Belize at the time.

I think it will be interesting to see all those people again. I don't know about fun, could be depressing (especially when I learned who became a gynecologist) but all in all interesting.

I think this thread is old...did you end up going Iris?

always nice to get an e-mail reminder from my favorite people on this committee :|

yes i want to spend $58 to drink and pretend i care. :rolleyes: i mean hello that is what night clubs are for. :wink:

[q]Hello fellow classmates!

As you make your summer plans, don't forget: Our 10 Year reunion is less than 4 months away!

Here is the scoop:

August 16, 2003
7pm - 12AM
Buckhead DoubleTree Hotel on Peachtree (109.00 per night if you want a room - call the hotel to make reservations and tell them you want a room with the Wheeler 10 yr reunion party)
Ticket Prices are $58 pp[/q]

I think our class president has forgotten to organize these. Damn shame. ;) The 5 year one went by with nothing...I'm hoping the same for the 10 year.

Don't feel bad if you don't want to go, Iris.

Here are my own musings on the topic: I'm from a very small town and had about 12 people in my senior class of 1995. I know where every one of them is, except for one or two who turned to a life of crime. In my case, how can I miss these people if they won't ever go away? I was the senior class president, but if a reunion is going to be organized, someone else will have to do it. My attitude is that high school is over and thank God. No need to glorify it by having some big get together to reminisce about how shitty it was. With only 12 people, our class was divided into the haves and the have-nots and the two groups hated each other. I have no desire to rectify the situation or to hobnob and act like it never happened, which is what people have done at some weddings I've been to since graduation. Anyway, I say don't go if you don't want to. I know I won't.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
so i just received the revised list on who will be attending my class reunion, which is taking place this sat and the names on the list are the ones i have ZERO desire to mingle with. :down:

Go diva on them. Have your publicist call during the reunion and make an announcement that you will be unable to attend.

nbcrusader said:

Go diva on them. Have your publicist call during the reunion and make an announcement that you will be unable to attend.

Mind if I borrow that idea? :laugh: :up:

Back
Top Bottom