I don't really care about the Olympics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you're not alone :hug:

I've watched a bit

i don't really care either

the ONLY sport I really give a shit about is good ol american football, NFL baby YEAH

i'd rather watch a shitty preseason game than the olympics :reject:

What's ironic about this post is that of the American sports, I hate fottball the most. It's boring as shit. Say what you want ablout soccer, at least it's 45 minutes non-stop, whereas football (american) is 8 seconds of play time, followed by 5 minutes of commercial time, followed by 38 seconds of standing around adjusting their crotches time, followed by 4 seconds of "hut 128 hut hut non-Blue green 128" time, followed by 8 seconds of play time, ad infinitum.

You know what, AB - I'm taking 50 interference points away from you. BAM. Redeem yourself! How comes you never came to the temple bar?

What's ironic about this post is that of the American sports, I hate fottball the most. It's boring as shit. Say what you want ablout soccer, at least it's 45 minutes non-stop, whereas football (american) is 8 seconds of play time, followed by 5 minutes of commercial time, followed by 38 seconds of standing around adjusting their crotches time, followed by 4 seconds of "hut 128 hut hut non-Blue green 128" time, followed by 8 seconds of play time, ad infinitum.

You know what, AB - I'm taking 50 interference points away from you. BAM. Redeem yourself! How comes you never came to the temple bar?

It's like a sun just rose over my heart to hear an American person say this. About the gridiron/american football/lets pad ourselves up and look like wallies-ball, I mean, not AB losing 50 big ones.

I'll never defend NFL Football because it needs no defense, but, Soccer is the most boring popular sport I've ever seen in my life. And, I have to televise that shit, too. Ugh. I'd rather watch Rugby, and that's saying something. Just watching these guys fake their injuries, writhe around in pain, then miraculously get right up and play is enough to make me pass out. I admire their endurance, though.

Watchability
1. Baseball
2. American Football
3. Basketball
4. The Olympics
5. Golf
6. Tennis
7. Hockey
8. Everything Else
9. Soccer

In my opinion.

Watchability
1. Baseball
2. American Football
3. Basketball
4. The Olympics
5. Golf
6. Tennis
7. Hockey
8. Everything Else
9. Soccer

In my opinion.

That's close to mine, though, I would have hockey much higher, especially in person. NHL Hockey in person is amazing to watch. Also, the playoffs are so fucking intense, in person or on TV.

Fucking soccer. Actually, I do enjoy the World Cup when it goes down, and I did like watching Euro 2008.

I was talking about TV specifically. Hockey live would be fourth. So would playoff hockey, actually. But the regular season is tough to take.

I don't know. Should I come to the temple bar? I suppose I should. Who gave you the authority to delegate Interference points anyhow? Have you always had this power?

I care about soccer as much as I care about the olympics. I don't mind watching it for a bit, but I don't follow it. If I want to watch a ball going back and forth, I'll watch basketball or tennis. Basketball is probably the only other sport I almost care about (you kind of have to when you go to IU...it's a religion here). But I was raised on football. I'll agree with NSW that it needs no defending. The strategy involved in football is far more complex than any other sport I can think of

The strategy involved in football is far more complex than any other sport I can think of

And that's precisely why I can't get into it, plus I cannot STAND any of the pro leagues in the US and it makes me sick to watch and condone them. I can't really say anything bad about complexity since gymnastics is my sport, but as far as the Olympics go, I love good old fashioned races, no strategy or subjectivity involved.

I watch every night because I like the variety; I like watching things like track, diving, swimming, and marathon, but not enough to actually follow them on their own. So I like having all the best people in one event. I can see all the races and people that matter but not have to watch meets on TV every weekend. Last night I watched the marathon b/c I had a terrible headache and thought it would be boring so I could sleep, but it was interesting to hear about the athlete's and their countries and they also explained the history behind all the landmarks they ran past. Plus there's so much going on at the Olympics, you don't have to watch just marathon running for 2 hours, they will cut to something else for 20 minutes here and there. I dunno, I just love big events like this, summer and winter Olympics, big cities, big concerts, 4th of July fireworks...I love crowds and everyone getting together for the same thing even if it's something I'm only interested in for one day of the year (or four years).

There is not enough agreement in the whole world to account for how much I agree with this. And you know what blows my mind? Football fans who say they can't watch baseball because it's too slow. Wtf is that about? Football is the very definition of slow.

There is not enough agreement in the whole world to account for how much I agree with this. And you know what blows my mind? Football fans who say they can't watch baseball because it's too slow. Wtf is that about? Football is the very definition of slow.

Beav is bored by baseball, too.

Baseball is the furthest thing from boring, but, it's just another topic I rarely debate anyone on anymore......I guess I simply stopped caring who likes or dislikes the sports I enjoy. :shrug:

Beav is bored by baseball, too.

Baseball is the furthest thing from boring, but, it's just another topic I rarely debate anyone on anymore......I guess I simply stopped caring who likes or dislikes the sports I enjoy. :shrug:

So what you're saying is that Beav no longer gets enjoyment from activities he once did? Maybe he's depressed?

Beav :hug: We're here for you. Open up to us.

I think that what I'm really saying is that Beav is a douche bag. But, that's not exactly a news flash.

Also, please do not encourage him to open up. It'll take us all down some very dark and twisted paths.

Watchability
1. Baseball
2. American Football
3. Basketball
4. The Olympics
5. Golf
6. Tennis
7. Hockey
8. Everything Else
9. Soccer

In my opinion.

Handball should be number one. Seriously.

_41119960_handball_416.jpg

Mens%20Handball.jpg

Homies---Handball-Poster-C10096995.jpeg

731px-7m_Penalty_Handball.jpg

:up: Handball! :up:

the ONLY sport I really give a shit about is good ol american football, NFL baby YEAH

Do you know Ben Graham? Well, back when he had his head screwed on correctly he played a real sport, known as Australian. Rules. Football. :angry:

I'll never defend NFL Football because it needs no defense, but, Soccer is the most boring popular sport I've ever seen in my life. And, I have to televise that shit, too. Ugh. I'd rather watch Rugby, and that's saying something. Just watching these guys fake their injuries, writhe around in pain, then miraculously get right up and play is enough to make me pass out. I admire their endurance, though.

:love:

I hate soccer with a passion. Boring as all fuck. "Oh... look at that. Kick off. Well, I'll pass it to you, then you to him, woop big kick! big kick! but it's been intercepted. Up. and back. and shot!!! it's wide..." on and on and on for 90 minutes.

and then, after 90 minutes, it's fucking nil-all?!?! What was the point?!?!?

anyway.

Watchability
1. Australian Rules Football
2. Cricket
3. Motor Racing
4. Rugby
5. A bloody good tennis match
6. Everything else
5682. Golf/Soccer

Team Handball is kind of fun to watch, but for like 15 minutes, and then you sort of feel like you're watching the same sequences on a loop. It's like the FYM of sport.

well, they're over... I hope you people are happy now :angry:

Golf is 5th? Golf? Seriously? I find watching paint drying more thrilling than Golf on TV...

I'm gonna have to agree with that. Golf more watchable than tennis and hockey? I think not. I'll even take soccer over golf :wink:

and then, after 90 minutes, it's fucking nil-all?!?! What was the point?!?!?

No kidding! Every fucking soccer game is, like, 1-0. What a bore.

:down::mad:

You people don't get it! Football is not just about goals. It's about technique and grace on the field. Dribbling, passing, trick shots etc. are as much a part of the game as scoring goals. American sports have spoiled you lot with instant gratification high scores! :down: :wink:

I really enjoyed watching most of the Olympic Games but it seemed like they were on 24/7 for like a month! I'd much rather watch Olympic coverage than Convention coverage though.

:down::mad:

You people don't get it! Football is not just about goals. It's about technique and grace on the field. Dribbling, passing, trick shots etc. are as much a part of the game as scoring goals. American sports have spoiled you lot with instant gratification high scores! :down: :wink:

I watch and enjoy Hockey and that is not a high scoring sport, nor is baseball a high scoring sport.

Soccer is just, simply, boring as fuck, and it's not about the scoring.

Also, for whatever freaking reason, some Americans enjoy NASCAR, so, obviously, some Americans are perfectly capable of watching boring sports with no scoring.

:( Agree to disagree. :)

I've followed football/soccer way too long and have too many nostalgic attachments to find it boring.

:( Agree to disagree. :)

I've followed football/soccer way too long and have too many nostalgic attachments to find it boring.

I have no problem with people telling me that they like soccer. Great, please do. Just won't be told that I don't get it or don't understand it. That's as far from the mark as it gets.

Seems like there's a lot of objectively subjective talk about what sports are better. People—shock,gasp!— derive enjoyment in a sport for a variety of reasons, and many of these reasons unsurprisingly have a cultural context.

That being said:

1. Chicago Wolves :up:
2. Who cares? Does it really matter? :shrug:

Baseball has got to be the worst. Most of the time I don't even deem it to be a sport. Even going to watch it live, unless I have a good crowd of girlfriends that I can talk about shoes with, no thanks. And it lasts so long.

I don't care about American football whatsoever either. I'd rather watch rugby if I had a choice, but really I'd rather watch neither.

I don't watch much in terms of sports on TV, actually, so it's not necessarily a specific sport-bias. I'd way rather watch soccer than those two though, it really is the beautiful game.

Back
Top Bottom