I don't look my age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I went to a club a few weeks ago with some friends. My best friend is like, five feet tall and constantly, gets mistaken for 12 years old.

Okay, so we're at the door. She gets let in. The bouncer looks at my I.D. He looks at it, looks at me...looks at it...looks at me...(I'm thinking, oh god...oh no). He asks, "Do you have anything else?" "Why?" I ask. "Is there something wrong?"
"Well, quite frankly, it doesn't look like you. You don't look 20," he says.

After convincing him that a) I took the license pic when I was 16..obviously I look different b) I AM 20 c) I had curly hair in the pic, my hair was straight that night and d) I had left all my I.D. in the car (I had...all my money and stuff was in my boot) he finally asked me to repeat my postal code, etc....and then let me, where all my friends had been waiting for 10 minutes.

What kills me is this happens ALL the time. My hairdresser thought I was 16--she's known me for years. Everyone I meet thinks I'm a first year at uni, bouncers give me a hard time. At first, people were like, 'Oh, it's 'cause you're not wearing make-up. I'm sure you look older with make up.' (But at the club, I was wearing makeup and dressed up, etc....(okay, so my driver's license is cracked in half and is taped with scotch tape. But even when it wasn't this still happened...several times!)

*sigh*

I went to see a film with a friend the other week and they wanted our ID...it was for a 15+ movie and we're both 19! :eeklaugh:

'You're not 21'
'Are you?'
'Im not authorised to answer that.'

I'm surprised I don't get asked for my ID more often. I still look like I'm about 16 too lol, or so I've been told.

Just a couple years ago, I was on vacation with my parents....the flight attendant asked me if I was old enough to sit in the emergency exit row

another time, I was in Vegas with my parents, and I was sitting with my mom at the slot machines, and the security guard walks over and asks if I was old enough

and another time, I was at Red Lobster Restaurant with my parents, and the waiter asked if I wanted I child's menu :lol:

what i dont get is when signs say "we hold the right to ask for id for those people up to the age of 30." or something like that.

howd they know if theyre 30 or not?!

i got carded for a movie a few weeks ago. noone else did. :|

i was asked for ID buying booze a month or so ago.
i think the guy had asked my younger friend and then figured "better ask her too not to embarrass her" lol

who cares why he did it, i wanted to kiss him.

I dont get asked as much as I used to :(
On the day I got married, I was at the hairdresser with my mum my sis and 2 bridesmaids, we were all just sitting around reading magazines and trying to wake up cos we had to be there at 6.30am (day wedding) and there was only 2 of them doing our hair so no one was kinda in a flap or anything. I noticed the owner of the salon giving me strange looks and thought not much of it. She asked me what I wanted and I just said "oh, put it all back, kinda twist it or whatever and do something nice to the front as the veil is attached to this big comb thing so you wont see it anyway". She gives me this outright glare on goes on with it. I thought I was imagining it. She finished me and one of the bridesmaids first as we had to get back as early as possible to get ready and so we met up with mum and everyone later back at the house. Mum comes in pissing herself and says as soon as we had left the owner sidles up to mum and starts fussing and says "So....your daughter doesn't seem very nervous...is she um....how old is she?" Mum just looked at her and says " 23, why?" The chick looked shocked and said, "I dont want to be rude but I swear she looks no older than 16 and because she is so calm I thought you had maybe given her something as it was an arranged marriage or something...." Mum was just like "No, she hasn't been drugged, she is amazingly calm but happy that all the stress is over and now the fun part is here and she is definately old enough to make this decision!"

I once asked a 32 year old for ID when I worked in a supermarket and she wanted smokes. She thought it was brilliant and says "When you get to 18, you'll probably be asked for ID all the time." I told her I was already 19. I cant tell anyone's ages. I am really hopeless at it.

Carded...yep...that I am...

I get carded ALL the time.
And I'm 31.
Ah what the fuck...it's a compliment....it's when they stop asking you have to worry.:yes:

I never do..in fact, when I go to a bar with a group of friends and one of them gets carded I take out my card and offer it to the guy and he almost always says, "no need"

one guy actually laughed at me before because I started to take out my card

I think I'm old beyond my years which isn't a really good thing

Sometimes stores will ask for ID when you pay with a credit card if they think you're in high school and have potentially taken your parents' credit cards or something like that (we were told to do this when I worked at a retail store), and this happens to me all the time! Does this mean that I look like I'm still in high school? I'm 20. I guess it's better to look younger than older.

I look older than I am cus I have been going to pubs and clubs since I was 16 and they never ask me for I.D. and you have to be 18 to get into clubs- i apparently look like a uni student- about 19/20 which is pretty good for me

I still get carded, but I know I look older than my age. My height, build, and baldness give the impression that I'm in my mid-to-late-twenties. I'm 23 DAMN-IT!!!!!!!!!

Sicy said:
I get carded for cigarettes still.

I'm 30.

:|

This is GOOD, Sicy. Trust me. This is good.

Somebody card me... pretty please? :sad:

Last edited:
I haven't been asked for I.D. in SO LONG! I've always looked about 4 years younger than I am, but I guess not anymore. Should this make me happy or sad???

*me standing with little sister* Wow, beebs, your big sister looks just like you!

*me buying beer last year* Are you 18??? Can I see some I.D??

*some retired teacher who came into my workplace this may* No drinking at prom, young lady!

No longer does any of this happen...it used to bug me but I kind of miss the attention now.

I can't get no satisfaction...

When I was little, (as in pre-school age)I just wanted to be grown-up and be like my older sisters....be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. I matured physically very early and at first I thought it was a good thing....but it's not, to look 16 when you are 11, it's not a good thing. There are some very dirty old men about and you have to learn to be on guard all the time. It's tiring.
So it was good for my age to catch up with my appearance.AND THEN.....
I lost it. But after a lot of hard work , I'm finding it again.
Someone said the other day, my 20year old son and I now look more like brother and sister than mum and son and hub said I looked like a teenage girl ....the someone is a dear friend who needs new glasses and hub is learning that flattery will get him everywhere and in fact I need some kind words occassionally, you get better mpg that way...it's about time!!!
I have reached that age where every compliment is highly valued.
I look 41 imho.....some days 101.

u are lucky...I'm 16, but everyone always keeps asking in what university am i studying, looks at me very surprised, when i say my age and always says, that they thought i'm older, like 20 years old or so.
GREAT!I'M OLD ALREADY!:angry:
believe me-it's better to look younger.

I always get carded when I'm dressed up and late for something, drives me crazy. I look vastly different with make up on and hardly ever wear it so naturally had none on in my ID pic.
Once I was on my way to a friend wedding trying to buy smokes and I had to talk to the lady for 5 mins before she would sell them to me. I was having a fit in the store. "Look at my nose! That's my nose in the pic! Nobody has a nose like that! I'm late damnit!!!"

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom