I dont like weddings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
Here's a few. The bridesmaids wore black! :crack:

i don't think there's anything wrong with black if it's a black and white themed wedding but those dresses don't look very flattering.

i saw this dress black dress i like at david's bridal when i went to pick out my wedding dress. of course we're not having bridesmaids at our wedding. :wink:

sorry i don't know where the larger version of this pic is.

blackdress.jpg

I originally told my bridesmaids they could wear a black dress. I gave them freedom to choose (or wear one that they already had since my sis-in-laws are singers and have loads of recital gowns). Apparently, giving people a choice is worse than forcing them to buy and wear something they don't want. No one picked a dress and everyone kept asking me what I wanted them to wear, so finally I went to David's Bridal and picked the cheapest dress I could find that I could stand to look at and had them buy it. Heaven forbid you try and make things easier for the wedding party!! :crazy:

Sicy said:
I guess I sound pretty lazy and bitchy but there must be someone out there that feels the same way.

Ah, finally! I thought I was the only woman on earth who felt this way but where else would I find like-minded people if not here. :wink:

I feel like a freak because so many of my friends are either getting married or planning their big day as a princess :)yuck: ) and I'm not the least bit excited. Of course I'm always happy to see happy couples - especially if they are my dear friends - but I just can't see the point of all that...fuss. If I ever get married, I want it to be simple and quick, thank you very much. :wink:

I guess what I probably hate the most at weddings is when people practically have sex on the dance floor. I mean they like leave nothing for the imagination. Yes, I usually stare at them for a while, but hey, I'm not the one out there dryhumping my date in front of Aunt Sylvia for 45 minutes. Sometimes I get up and advise any offenders to get a room or a backseat or something.

My best friend from law school is getting married in Mexico in Feb 09. Yippee! I get a 5* tropical vacation out of it at least.

It's a bit pricey...$200/person per night + flight and some meals, but it's going to be a 5 day event, so I think we derive some personal benefits out of it too. Her fiance wanted the Maldives but then it would have cost each guest between $4-5K which she felt was unreasonable.

Im getting ready to send in the application for my wedding on the beach. The goal is to plan the reception at a different beach that is only 5 minutes away from the one where we get married at. Plan on doing pictures right after the ceremony but it will not take 3 hours to do! lol. Went through that whole deal of sitting through it all at the wedding I just attended. Pictures at the house before the ceremony,pictures after the ceremony then even more when we went back to the house! Didn't think we would ever reach the reception! :scream:

May I book your nice little place for about three to four weeks in mid-August to mid-September? :sexywink:

:D the company i work for will be closed when we get married. I guess they like weddings,...

Back
Top Bottom