i don't like thunderstorms.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate thunderstorms too! They scare me :sad: I hate the sound... and the lighting.... I just hide under the covers! :(

Poor you!

Well, they terrify me, and I live in a part of the world where there are probably less thunderstorms than anywhere else! Even if I hear distant rumbling, I'm very nervous. If it gets close and there's flashing and banging, I'm a wreck. I was camping a couple of years ago and at night there was a thunderstorm right overhead. There were only about five thunderclaps over half an hour, but they were big ones, and I was so scared I cried. I actually felt like I wanted to die, I was so scared. I've heard that's one sign of a genuine phobia. When I was younger and I used to visit my grandmother in Finland, there were some pretty big ones, and I was scared, but I think I was less scared than I would be now. My fear seems to be getting worse. :(

we're having a huge one right now. it's kind of cool. i just took a shower and the whole time i kept thinking how my mom said i shouldn't take showers during storms cause i could get electrocuted or something, like the lightning could shoot me through the showerhead. and people wonder why i'm a neurotic freak.

Screaming Flower said:
we're having a huge one right now. it's kind of cool. i just took a shower and the whole time i kept thinking how my mom said i shouldn't take showers during storms cause i could get electrocuted or something, like the lightning could shoot me through the showerhead. and people wonder why i'm a neurotic freak.

Or, what could happen is what happened to my grandma last summer:

Take a shower during a heavy thunderstorm, and then the power goes out. While you're in the shower. With shampoo on your head. With no lights. And so on and so forth.

Screaming Flower said:

you shouldn't be on the computer either or using any electrical appliance :ohmy:

I love Thunderstorms, they can be kind of scary sometimes, but they are so fun to watch. When I was younger I hated them, I had a fear of being struck by lighting(highly unlikely, I know).

I love thunderstorms. We used to get them quite a lot back in Indo. And of course the power would go out all the time which was good fun cuz then we used candles and such. :D *memories*

I like thunderstorms. They're cool to watch and the best is when you're lying in bed, there is are flashes and stuff outside and you're listening to some U2 songs. :yes: Especially Velvet Dress....... :yes:
I think I'm very strange indeed, but that's me! :)

If I were scared of thunderstorms, I probably wouldn't live in Oklahoma. In all seriousness, you should be careful during them. Stay indoors and stay away from water and electrical appliances. My brother-in-law was cooking on an electric stove with a cast iron skillet when lightning hit his house. It sent a jolt through him, he couldn't drop the skillet, and afterward the skillet had a hole in it. :ohmy: He's been in at least three situations like that...I think lightning is attracted to him. :p

It's okay to be scared, though. I read a book about a woman who was struck by lightning. It really changed her life and her body, and she'll never be the same. But if you use common sense, thunderstorms don't have to be terrifying.

Back
Top Bottom