I don't like the telephone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
It's true! I really, really don't and never really have! The only people I can seem to stand to talk to on the phone for very long are my parents because they're two hours away. I have a cell phone, like everybody on the planet seems to anymore, but I just use it in my car when I'm travelling. I can never see myself as one of those people walking around talking on their cell like people do...

And I've been screening my phone calls at my apartment a lot lately. Actually, the phone started ringing as I was typing this...wow! It was my mom! Scary! :lol:

Well, see, one of my roommates has this friend who calls her all the time. This roommate is usually not here, and when her friend calls I tell her that I'll have my roommate call her when she gets home...I don't know if she doesn't trust me or what because she'll call 3 or 4 times after that! :mad: It was really annoying, which is one of the big reasons I started screening...

Yeah...When I was down in Florida visiting my aunt, I discovered that she never answers her phone because literally 90% of the time it's a telemarketer. They'll even call at all hours of the night. I don't get that too much here because it's on-campus housing.

I dont answer my home phone :crack: Its usually some freak trying to sell something. :heart: caller id :heart:

I answer my cell phone though.

I like answer machines because you don't have to talk to who you call -- you just leave your message and hang up. For some people, that works best......

I don't care for the phone much. Sometimes I get excited if it actually rings... other times, I screen it. I dunno :shrug: I like my alone time I guess.
I don't own a cell phone and said I never would, but I will have one when I move to Montreal... but that will be my only phone for awhile, so that makes it ok.

Angel said:
I don't care for the phone much. Sometimes I get excited if it actually rings... other times, I screen it. I dunno :shrug: I like my alone time I guess.
I don't own a cell phone and said I never would, but I will have one when I move to Montreal... but that will be my only phone for awhile, so that makes it ok.

Angel...Your avatar....:lmao: That's classic!

:shifty: Yeah...THAT was on-topic! Carry on, carry on!

ive only had a cell phone for a few years now. so there are no unwanted calls.

it saves me a lot of time in these topsy turvy, fly by the seat of your pants times we live in.

i hate phones more than any of you here.

i refused to use the phone for any reason until i was around 13 years old. and then i still tried damn hard to avoid it...

i keep my ringer off and check my messages often enough i just really hate the phone

I don't like ordinary phones because I can't tell who's calling. Cellphones are okay for that reason though. And I'm very selective about who gets my home phone number so I don't get annoying people calling. (Could I sound any more anti-social?)

:hmm: I can see where I would like a cell phone (if I had a full-time one). I think the biggest reason I hate the phone is that most of the time people aren't calling me...and if I had a cell phone and it rang, the chances would be greater that I'm the one that the caller wants to speak to. That would be okay!

Oh...and somebody mentioned something about answering machines...I hate them too...I usually leave a message anyway so I don't have to keep calling back, but I always feel like such an ass talking on one.

A topic here once got me thinking:)
There wasn't a telephone in the place I grew up in until I was about 12 years old. I was very nervous of them.
And then we got a public phone, YAY!! and then I feel in love at 17...I sure took a liking to the phone then:)just about set up residence in the phone box.
Then I got married and moved to the boondocks and once again lived without a telephone for quite a few years. I was just thinking the other day, how kind the former local store owners were. There were two emergency situations they helped me out on, due to the fact I didn't have a telephone. The old "bush telegraph".
So to this day, I get nervous making important business phone calls, but I do like the telephone. We have in ground lines and they crackle and carry-on when the weather is wet, the internet connection is pathetic....but I still love the telephone:)
Cell phones don't work where I live, so it's not an option.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom