I don't like Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't tried to get into Radiohead. I don't have any of their albums, and I've only heard a few songs. :reject:

yes, i also dont realy understand what all the hullabaloo is about

but im sure radiohead fans will tell you thats because you dont know how to appreciate good music :wink:

I only like some radiohead songs, some of their songs I find completely bizarre

Somebody just started a thread at another message board I frequent about how they dislike Radiohead. Deja vu!

Bonochick said:
Somebody just started a thread at another message board I frequent about how they dislike Radiohead. Deja vu!

yeah i saw that on the celine deon board as well

For the longest time I couldnt stand them. Especially Knives Out. deathbear kept trying to get me into them and I kept saying 'but the guy just whines.. he sounds horrible!'

It took The Bends to get me into them. Maybe The Bends would work for you too.

Radiohead is the kind of band that either does it for you, or you think its bizzare.

I also think that you have to listen trough an album several times to like it.

Bonochick said:
I haven't tried to get into Radiohead. I don't have any of their albums, and I've only heard a few songs. :reject:

Somebody in the ICDE needs to do something about this immediately.

i like them and i'd put them on a list of mauybe my top....25 favourite bands.

but i'm by no means the fan that many people here are. i like them, but i can't get obsessed. i like pablo honey too much or something.,..

my new years resolution is going to be
to become the second biggest radiohead fan ever.

this is a true story.

Chizip said:
yes, i also dont realy understand what all the hullabaloo is about

but im sure radiohead fans will tell you thats because you dont know how to appreciate good music :wink:

You obviously don't appreciate good music. :wink:

Admitting it for the 1st time - Radiohead is my band no 1 :) - have all radiohead albums

You need some time to get into radiohead

These are some user-friendly radiohead songs. try them first.

street spirit
fake plastic
high and dry
no surprises
there there
creep
national anthem
true love waits

And as you will listen more and more, you will begin to like songs like knives out, dollars and cents etc. I absolutely love all radiohead songs. For the sake of completeness, let me mention that "Let down" is my song no 1 ever by a long long way.

:wink:

AcrobatMan

R.E.M.
Palace Music / Bonnie 'Prince' Billy / Will Oldham
Ryan Adams
The Beach Boys
Aphex Twin
John Coltrane
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Frank Zappa
AC/DC
Miles Davis
Gram Parsons
Townes van Zandt
The Pixies
The Pogues
Sonic Youth
Los Lobos
Tindersticks
Charlie Parker
Outkast
Oblivians
Marvin Gaye
Guided by Voices
Underworld

Oh I love Radiohead...well not all of it but there's some songs where I'm like WTF was he smokin, but there's some other songs that make me practially wail. Like Street Spirit. Radiohead songs are great to hear when you want to get like really depressed LOL. Thom Yorke is a genious and a weirdo as well.

Back
Top Bottom