i dont like change.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
in february 2005, im going to be losing my spousal support so that means i wont be able to pay my rent in full where i live, and my job that i have is part time. there's no way i'll be able to afford it.

then i was paying daycare expenses a while back for someone watching daisy. i honestly dont know how i managed to pay $150 a months the first four months. when my grandmother found out how much i was paying, she offered to watch daisy for free. only thing is, she lives in long beach. i thought about it, and i've decided to go ahead with my move to find someplace close to my grandmother. im supposed to be moving there so she can watch my daughter while i work. i like the idea of free daycare, and all, but at the same time, im afraid of change. i dont want to live in a new city, have daisy go to a new school, she's already going thru some rough adjustments, throwing fits everytime i have to work. her behavior is shit lately, not wanting to do anything i tell her, just doing it out of spite. i understand she's acting out because of the changes, but i can only take so much. i want to cry.

:sad: i know it's really, really hard without decent money coming in. it's very hard to be so dependant on a regular source of income, which provides security & then to have your rug pulled out from under you. I was in that situation, once. it's like all your sources are being pulled up, one by one and you have to just trust & hope etc. you need all the help, care & understanding you can get. all the love & support. :hug: it's good your gramma can help . . .
then i found out (too late) that i was supposed to just be completely brutally honest and yell at people if necessary. (I don't mean yelling disrespectfully) but pain needs to be expressed. you cannot carry burdens like that alone. you are not super-human. that's what I'd needed to do. express my :censored: so that i could get the help & understanding that i needed. i was too quiet.
but that was me.
and that was the past, for me...but for you it continues. :hug:

Last edited:
:hug: my cellie.

you have become such a good friend.

you are strong, icelle, and i know that you will make it through these hard times. i am here whenever you need me, you know that. anytime you need to talk, or vent, or just share a few smirnoffs, i am here.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

two days until disneyland. :hyper:

:hug: Icelle.

I really understand. I dont much like change either.. I hate it actually and moving really really sucks. But if this will benefit both you and your daughter, you have to just go for it.

Why are you losing your spousal support? You will still get your child support right?

:yes: i know most people do not like change, but it is inevitable. you seem to have made the best decision for you by preparing in advance for the adjustment,good. the worse thing to do would be to wait to the last minute, then have to 'up and do something in a hurry'. Don't let fear of the unknown keep you from finding out what is on the other side! It's just, on the other side..! You said the move would put you closer to your grandmother, it's good to be close to family when you need help. You then get the day care your daughter needs. that's good too. Do you still get to keep your part time job? I suspect you must like it, cuz you did not say you would look for a full time job in order to pay for the rent. All I will add is, once you move to the new area, find a family couselor, or some at a local church that can help you? usally that is free, or on a sliding scale as far as paying for it, so why not try this as a means to adjusting to a new move to a new area? In all, I think you are well on your way for this change, and you do have friends here that will allow you to vent, so that's a good thing too! You are not totally alone in this adjustment, and everyone goes through it. Keep up the good work, and Don't quit no matte what!! :wink:

:hug:

I know the money is tight but is there any way to get your daughter into Brownies/Guides or some type of organized sport. It may be help with some the acting up/out problems, builds self esteem and is an easier way to make new friends.

Thinking of you

Back
Top Bottom