I dont like change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Well I've started the new job this week.... and so far I'm not sure what the hell to do with myself. My entire routine has changed!

I need to get up and leave a half hour earlier (which is huge for me) in the morning since I now take the T in rather than drive, and I get home later too. I left an ICU with lots of experience, to a step down floor and I feel like I"m back in nursing school again learning things all over again. Plus I miss my tiny babies (I never thought I'd say that). I like being independent with my work, and I hate the fact that I'm on "orientation" for the next few weeks following someone around. More often than not now, I have to leave and stay home by myself at night rather than staying at my boyfriends because I dont want to wake him up an hour earlier than he has to... and he's on call just about every weeknight and cant stay here with me. I miss not seeing him in the morning before I leave for work/and sleeping in the same bed with him. I dont usually get to see him much during the week, but we at least always had that before. My birthday is next week and I feel like I'm getting old even though I'm technically not. And not that it's a huge thing - but I can barely keep up on my email etc since I dont have web access at work anymore. I never realized how much I used it for everything, be it headlines, weather, etc... during the day.
I'm just grumpy. I feel all out of sorts... I cant fully relax. I'm not sleeping right. I feel like I'm on another planet or something - or that I"m losing my mind. I'm just feeling sorry for myself I guess! I know I"ll get used to it sooner enough, I just need to vent. I just feel crappy . :yuck: :sigh: :reject:

what Pop Angel said....just give yourself a week or so to adjust.

It's hard enough switching jobs....but once you're body gets used to the new sleep schedule, you'll be okay.

Don't worry about feeling like you are in school again....your bosses just want to make sure that you are competent for the job. Once you show them that you can handle it, they won't be around as much.

Oh yeah and happy early birthday

Taurean? I won't go into a long explanation

You sound busy..and beautiful. You love the babies and you miss your man.
You must have a good :heart: (and good taste in music)Good on you for what you are doing.
:hug: She Is Raging.

I took this photo when I last visited my mum. She just said she likes Snoopy and I knew a couple of people here do to. I hope it makes you :)

Attachments

• hangon snoopy.jpg
    hangon snoopy.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 18
Aw.....thanks you to Cass and everyone else :D The snoopy pic was so cute!! :cute:

Today was so boring at work. It was the "busiest" day they'd had in a while, and I was still like -does the pace ever pick up? I know I'll be fine once I'm off orientation!

Hey girl...hang in there. Transitions are rough, but I'm sure things will be running a bit more smoothly in a week or so. I'm be thinking about you!!

:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom