I dont know where my avatar came from

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Anyone have any clue what movie it's from? I"ve been wondering.

after you said it's Walken, I did a search on him, and I think it's from the 2001 movie called The Affair of the Necklace. I never saw or have heard of the movie, but in this photo, he looks similar as he does to your avatar.

necklace.jpg

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1804856736&cf=info

That looks like it Abel!!

Man, the picture you found is even weirder than the one I have!

someone on another forum i go to admitted he masturbates to the golden girls, more specifically rue mcclanahan (blanche). she's the one on top for those of you who don't know. :no:

there was this ep of pinky and the brain and brain goes "what's the most famous bee in the world" (or something of the sort) and pinky goes 'bea arthur'?

i have trouble figuring out where everyone's avatars are from sometimes. i had no idea mofo's last one was vanilla ice.

ABEL said:
The Affair of the Necklace. I never saw or have heard of the movie

hillary swank is in it.
i haven't seen it, but she is breathtakingly beautiful on the cover of the dvd.

actually, that clears up my confusion about mofo's avatar...i didn't even know it was walken (i should have guessed)...

this is the part where mofo calls me a liar

^I :heart: your avatar.

here is the cover of the DVD that someone mentioned. i don't know about breathtaking, but she ain't chopped liver!

B00003CY5S.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm a geek and have actually seen this movie (I rented it, tho). The movie itself isn't that great...but I was so happy to see the story made into a movie b/c it made much better sense then. (Keep this in mind when you read what I've written below...you'll understand why I was happy that it was made into a movie)

See, it's about this necklace that caused a scandal in the French court, esp. with Marie Antoinette, at a time when she could little afford a scandal. This jeweler made a necklace out of a zillion $$ worth of diamonds (It actually looked like the one in the picture above). He made it thinking that someone at court would want it--Marie or even the king for his mistress. Well, King Louis didn't want it...and Marie didn't want it b/c it was "seconds" if her husband was initially supposed to buy it for his mistress. The jeweler was out a LOT of money and was desperate...so he got caught up in this scandal involving a member of the church and this woman. Crap--I can't remember this very clearly--it's really confusing!

Anyhoo, the woman (Jeanne...de la Someone) ends up stealing the necklace by tricking the Cardinal Someone into thinking that Marie Antoinette loves him so he buys the necklace for her. MA in fact hates this cardinal and knows nothing about the necklace. But "the affair of the necklace" becomes so scandalous when it goes public that Antoinette takes the brunt for it (the people of France can't believe that she would NOT want the most expensive piece of jewelry ever made...so they believe that she had a hand in making it, buying it, and raping the French people over the coals to pay for it).

So...I'm sure that completely confuses everyone. Oh, and Chris Walken plays this Russian (or Prussian? or German?) conman who knows about the necklace and what Jeanne does to get it.

OK, note to self: remember plots of movies better so as not to embarass myself again!
:|

Back
Top Bottom