I dont know how to plan a wedding reception

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats and good luck, Tara! I'm not officially engaged or anything, but I've already decided on no formal wedding reception. Too much work, WAY too much money, and I don't really even like wedding receptions, lol..not worth it. I'm sure you will have a blast!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Congrats and good luck, Tara! I'm not officially engaged or anything, but I've already decided on no formal wedding reception. Too much work, WAY too much money, and I don't really even like wedding receptions, lol..not worth it. I'm sure you will have a blast!

:sigh:
I should have listened to all the people at my sisters wedding (her husbands parents in particular) and gotten eloped :wink:

Im thinking it would have been easier to just send them all to the beach with some shovels and sandcastle molds and tell them to go away :lol:

u2bonogirl said:

:sigh:
I should have listened to all the people at my sisters wedding (her husbands parents in particular) and gotten eloped :wink:

Im thinking it would have been easier to just send them all to the beach with some shovels and sandcastle molds and tell them to go away :lol:

Heh...my parents really wouldn't care if I eloped. There's no way my dad could afford to pay for a wedding and I don't expect him to pay a dime when I do get married. I've heard of weddings where instead of a full blown reception, they use another large room or hall in the church and just serve nice snacks or a dessert and it's more like an open house. I've been keen on this idea for a long time since I'm ont very girly and despise very formal events. I'm not into dancing so wouldn't have a DJ or anything like that anyway, there's no WAY I could afford an open bar, I don't have a huge circle of friends, so....there's really no point in a reception.

As for the beach idea, I thought about a beach wedding b/c I love the beach. I know they're cliche and so much can go wrong, but I've been thinking of just a small family wedding anyway, so wouldn't it be fun to just rent a large beach house for an entire weekend (I live near Lake Michigan which has some gorgeous properties with lovely beachfront) and just sort of have the wedding whenever the weather's good? The guy's could just wear nice matching dress clothes and the girls matching sun dresses.....God, I've put WAY too much thought into this...

I really wanted a small wedding with close friends and family and a small gathering afterward
Now its turned into this big ridiculous circus

By the way, open bar means the guests pay for it
Theres no way we could afford to let everybody drink! We just have to pay 50$ for a bartender :D
We couldnt afford catering either so the women from my church are volunteering to help make putluck stuff :wink:
And costco fingerfood rocks :rockon:
I always wanted a queenlike dress even though Im a tomboy. And tim is going to look really hot in his black and red tux :drool:

now im all paranoid rebekah! :rant:
its okay though, we're meeting with the people at the reception room to discuss details on tuesday.
between when we rented it and now it changed hands and the indian reservation bought it.
kind of a fiasco

*breathes*

The dress fitting was great! all my nerves were for nothing. Im just too short for the dress. not too wide :wink:
my dad thought I looked great in it, but then again he's biased so what do I know? lol
the ladies in the shop asked me if I was old enough to be getting married :rolleyes:
I must be having a young day

I was worried that they would send me something different than what I tried on in the store
When I went in I had to wear anything from a 6 to a 12! they have a distorted view of what a size 12 means in my opinion :rolleyes:
My fear was that the size 6 dress I chose would come in something more like a 0 and I would be fecked

we've got a florist for the major stuff. basically all the flowers at the ceremony are getting paid for. expensive!
Then we're transporting all those flowers to the reception, stealing all the bouquets and using them too.
On top of that I have a friend who can hook me up with some freebies

gift opening party? no I dont think so. My hope is that we'll have the smallest amount of gifts as possible and get more money or gift cards. Because we're having the wedding on the opposite coast as where we live. Therefore shipping would be a freakin nightmare.
Im guessing that my mom will be busy taking stuff back for me and exchanging it for store credit that we can use in virgina.
Hopefully people will use their heads and realize that buying a microwave for a couple that lives across the country is a dumb idea.
I wanted to include that tastefully in the invitations but Tims family thought it would be improper so I left it out :shrug:
But we'll have a fun gift thing at our 2nd reception on the east coast when we're back from our honeymoon

When guests pay for their drinks, it is a cash bar. If the bride and groom pay, then it is an open bar. :drunk:

I forgot about greeting people - I mentioned that we tried to get around to some tables during dinner. At the church instead of a formal receiving line, we came back into the santuary and dismissed people by rows, hugging/shaking hands with everyone who came. Of course there are some people that will skip the church and just do the reception, but you're likely to catch a good # of people at the church.

Back
Top Bottom