I don't have a journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
I am just starting to notice how many people here have journals....I have no idea how everyone has the time to keep a journal, and read and comment on other people's journals on top of reading and posting in the forums, and every day life! :crazy:

I used to keep really detailed diaries in my teens (they are HILARIOUS to read now), but got out of the habit in my 20s. I'm not sure what I'd even write about. I have some dark moments and I don't know if I'd want to post that stuff...but who wants to read my mindless ramblings?

But being "journally challenged", I am starting to feel inadequate!

:reject: :sad:

Last edited:
journals aren't all they're cracked up to be...I started one earlier this week...hardly anyone read it, and I'm too lazy to write in one every day for someone to not read it, so I closed it :shrug:

:huh:

I use my journal a lot...everything from insane ramblings to deep thoughts to completely useless crap.

i have only read the journals of four people here. BC, yours was the fourth. i just finished it. the writing that you call "insane rambling" i think is simply brilliant. it fascinates me. you are quite talented. have you ever thought of a writing career? i'm serious. think about it. you have a gift.

anyway, i like reading journals, but i rarely comment in them, because i always feel that five or six of those little hugs are plenty.

i was thinking about starting one myself, but so far, i am undecided.

bonosgirl84 said:
i have only read the journals of four people here. BC, yours was the fourth. i just finished it. the writing that you call "insane rambling" i think is simply brilliant. it fascinates me. you are quite talented. have you ever thought of a writing career? i'm serious. think about it. you have a gift.

Wow...thanks. I don't think I could make a career out of writing though. I'll just keep doing it for enjoyment on the. It's nice to know that somebody likes it though. That means a lot to hear that. Most of it is just an outpour of whatever I'm thinking at the moment.

I wish I could ramble on insanely like that....yet in a weird way BC, the insane ramblings in your journal still make sense...or maybe it's just cuz I'm inane? :der: :crack: :wink:

I don't know if I should be impressed or freaked out.

:D

Of course, anything that somebody writes is open to interpretation. I have a lot of stuff going on right now.

Ya know what though? Everybody does. People use that excuse, but you tell me one person who doesn't have a lot of stuff going on right now.

You can't?

Exactly!

Mrs. Edge said:
I am just starting to notice how many people here have journals....I have no idea how everyone has the time to keep a journal, and read and comment on other people's journals on top of reading and posting in the forums, and every day life! :crazy:

I technically have a journal, but I only have 2 small entries. I just don't have enough time to check the boards and write a journal. I wish I had time to read everyone's because it seems like they'd be interesting.

I don't really write in my journal here that often. I used to have another online journal when I was about 16/17 and I'd write in it like three times every day! Now I don't think I could find anything to write about that much...maybe my life got more boring. :(

I have one, but have not written in it ...yet.
I'm not sure if a topic was created when the juornal option was offered,if there was I missed it, sorry. I have never quite understood Elvis' purpose. I think maybe it was to get personal ramblings off the forum, so the place seems tidier and more U2 orientated?
Anyway, we all get moved in mysterious ways and I feel moved right now and want to ramble....so here we go
diaryland
**cass leaves a trail of breadcrumbs in case she can't find her way out**

enjoy it when you do jess and congrats and good luck with the new job. Happy Spring 2U :)

i have one but i don't write anything important in it.

not that i write anything important anywhere :p

i think its silly to post a journal on the internet.

you write a journal for your personal feelings, to leave for your posterity, as a history of what actually happened in your life.

why do i wanna know or should i be entitled to ppl's most private feelings?:huh:

that's creepy.
why do some think we are that interested?:hug:
that's even wierder.:huh:

get over yourselves.

If u wanna say some public just post a damn thread and become the talk of the town:angry:

thank u-

DB9
:)

Last edited:
I don't have a journal either because I know my fat ass won't write on it so why even bother. Oh well! But I think it's cool that others do enjoy it and use it.:yes: :wave:

My thoughts are much better kept in my head where they belong...plus I'm way too lazy to write in a journal every day. And reading other poeple's journals, unless they've specifally invited me to, feels very intrusive.

I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping one, its just not for me :shrug:

diamond said:
i think its silly to post a journal on the internet.

you write a journal for your personal feelings, to leave for your posterity, as a history of what actually happened in your life.

why do i wanna know or should i be entitled to ppl's most private feelings?:huh:

that's creepy.
why do some think we are that interested?:hug:
that's even wierder.:huh:

get over yourselves.

If u wanna say some public just post a damn thread and become the talk of the town:angry:

thank u-

DB9
:)

Not everything some of us want to say warrants a thread. Maybe we don't want to be the talk of the town.

And it's not like we're all posting our innermost secrets in these journals. I just use mine for general updates or bitching that people who don't know me probably wouldn't be that interested in reading. This way, the people who want to read it can read on it and comment on it if they like without being assaulted by a thread every time I want to say something. It's just a fun way to keep up on people's lives without cluttering the board with every little thing. And, frankly, it's not really weird to think people will be interested in reading this stuff because, well, they actually DO read it. If you don't want to read them, don't.

Also, you've got a long way to go before you can tell people who's greatest arrogance is keeping an online journal to "get over themselves."

Jess, I think that's a great idea to open one to repost some of your stories - or heck, even just put them up in fan fiction!

I'm not much of a journaler, but I thought it might be nice to keep track of some of my thoughts and experiences with school, animals I've seen etc. SOmetimes the days get long though and I just don't have time to sit and type them all out :shrug:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Not everything some of us want to say warrants a thread. Maybe we don't want to be the talk of the town.
Well said. I keep a journal for that very reason. I don't care who reads it. I don't care if no one reads it. It's a nice release for me, and it's not my most personal and private thoughts. Those are kept for real journals that no one sees.
I dunno... the journals are fun, because the forum can get pretty mindless and boring at times, and then I go and read people's journal entries and it's interesting to catch up on their lives. Some really good discussions happen behind the scenes.

Hmmmm. These are all interesting points! I guess it's true, this doesn't have to be my "deep dark secrets and thoughts" journal...I can just put anything in there that might be going on...maybe I'll start one on my Birthday.

Thanks for all your thoughts so far everyone! :)

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Not everything some of us want to say warrants a thread.

:up:

I don't write anything in it that I wouldn't want everyone else to read. Sometimes I just post in it cuz I'm bored, or sometimes just to vent stuff that really wouldn't make a good thread on it's own.

In fact, I want people to read my journal and I feel :( when they don't lol. Not that there's anything of any importance in there anyway :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom