I don't get road rage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WCF

The Fly
I must be the person everyone else is fuming on.

True? Or is this a quality I will soon develop?

The driving here gives me road rage. :crack:

It takes me ages to get to work (I walk from the train station) because nobody stops at zebra crossings. The other morning someone did stop but as I was crossing one of my pupils' parents overtook him and nearly hit me. I thought I was toast. :yikes:

I was hoping that the first post after the title was going to say, "I get even."

I get road rage, big time. I basically take out all my aggression on the nameless/faceless bastards that share the road with me. Fuckers. All of em.

I get road rage when appropriate. The idiot it is directed at is driving a 1/4 ton hunk of very lethal steel and glass in a manner that is endangering the safety of me and/or my kids? You might as well try a home invasion on me. Not recommended.

That includes slow pokes and left lane hogs. They create hazardous situations and cause other drivers to take evasive action or make unsafe decisions they wouldn't otherwise have to. Just don't drive on the hwy if you don't want to do the speed limit or more, or move with traffic. There are plenty of lower-speed alternatives.

I get road rage. I had a doctor's appointment after work one day last year and I experienced some serious rage along the way. When the nurse took my blood pressure she was like, "Whoa! What's going on here?" I had to tell her it must be the road rage and she laughed. I've never had a reading like that since.

It's hard to get road rage over here...sush a small town. Takes me two minutes to go to work :)

how old are you and where are you driving?

It must be because I'm only 17. But I drive a lot more than other people my age, I think. I go to work all the time and its a 20 min. drive back and forth. Plus I'm one of two drivers in my family (my dad's the other one and he's always at work).

So I drive. A lot.... but I don't get the road rage yet? When will I finally learn, oh wise ones?

It must be because I'm only 17. But I drive a lot more than other people my age, I think. I go to work all the time and its a 20 min. drive back and forth. Plus I'm one of two drivers in my family (my dad's the other one and he's always at work).

So I drive. A lot.... but I don't get the road rage yet? When will I finally learn, oh wise ones?

:lol: I don't think it's something to which you need to aspire! I think it comes with life throwing too much at you all at once: too much work, too much crap, too much of having to get out there every damn day, whether you feel like it or not. I never get road rage when I'm on vacation in the mountains or at the beach. :angel:

I think I am most angry... in my car. :lol: I'm not usually an angry person but behind the wheel, there is always some idiot pissing me off! Biggest offenders: late mergers, left lane hoggers.

:lol: I don't think it's something to which you need to aspire! I think it comes with life throwing too much at you all at once: too much work, too much crap, too much of having to get out there every damn day, whether you feel like it or not. I never get road rage when I'm on vacation in the mountains or at the beach. :angel:

:up:

I get pedestrian rage too . . . :reject:

First off road rage isn't muttering "merge, asshole!" when the driver in front of you stops at the end of an on ramp of a busy interstate, it's intentionally ramming him/her with your car to "get the asshole to merge! damn it!!!!" It's a disproportionate reaction to irritation at other drivers. It often is escalating the reaction to a mistake, lapse of judgement, or even aggressive driving into a real, often physical, confrontation.

I'm a pretty easy going driver, so I don't do road rage and I rarely do "angry driver" either. I did a 100 mile (50 miles each way) commute every day for ten years which really helped make me a more patient driver. I figured if I was going to spend at least two to three hours in my car every day, it might as well be pleasant, so I made a conscious decision not to get worked up when things went wrong or other drivers did things I didn't like. I figure we all fuck up sometimes while driving, so I keep that in mind when someone cuts me off, etc.

Click here to take a test to analyze your driving style. I took it twice (I thought a couple of the questions were oddly worded and wasn't real happy with the choices of answers) and got the following results:

Safety: 72.5% on one test 75% on the other (I do like to speed :reject: )
Aggressiveness: 45% on both tests
Courtesy: 90% on one test and 97.5% on the other
Rage: 22.5% on one test and 27.5% on the other

My Scores from that Test:
Your Safety Score: 70 %
Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 47.5 %
Your Courtesy Score: 77.5 %
Your Degree of Rage: 35 %

Im usually a very calm person but I do feel my anger boil big time at other idiot drivers on the road. Makes you wonder just how exactly some even managed to acquire a license in the first place.

My results:
Your Safety Score: 67.5 %
Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 65 %
Your Courtesy Score: 72.5 %
Your Degree of Rage: 60 %

:shifty:

Everybody stay off the Road when Zoots is driving! :wink:

WCF, you didn't answer my other question, where are you driving? There is big difference in the level of idiot drivers and other stress when comparing city driving vs rural or suburb driving...

Everybody stay off the Road when Zoots is driving! :wink:

WCF, you didn't answer my other question, where are you driving? There is big difference in the level of idiot drivers and other stress when comparing city driving vs rural or suburb driving...

I live in Bakersfield, CA and drive around here all the time. It's not a big urban town at all. It's a small town with a few busy areas, so congestion isn't a big problem most of the time. Some people here like to call it the "Biggest Small Town in America."

yeah, I drive in Toronto which, in all accounts is a fairly calm experience and even that pisses me off, I can't imagine driving somewhere like New York City or LA. Have you ever driven on the freeway in LA? It sounds like a real treat :happy:

Your Safety Score: 80 %
Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 45 %
Your Courtesy Score: 92.5 %
Your Degree of Rage: 42.5 %

Your Safety Score: 82.5 %
Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 55%
Your Courtesy Score: 87.5%
Your Degree of Rage: 50%

I thought I blitzed that thing, obviously not.:mad: I want to honk that test, flas my lights and ride right up it's arse :madwife:

:lol:

We Old Guys/Retired Cops are Nice People :giggle:

You are a Very Safe Driver
Your Safety Score: 85 %

Aggressiveness:
You are a Marginally Aggressive Driver
Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 45 %

Courtesy:
You are a Very Courteous Driver
Your Courtesy Score: 95 %

Rage:
You are a Fairly Calm Driver