i dont believe in rape but everytime she passes by wild thoughts escape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
oh dear... there two parts here. i think spring fever might have caught up to me, or is it just heat? whatever it is, its wrong. :D.... :|

-----

PART 1

-----

what can i say? im happy shes far away, usually. however my ex is in town this week and well lets just say making even eye contact isnt a good idea. we shouldnt even be on the same continant.

this lovely girl made me like her for oh, 3 full years after she dumped me. i finally got over her, sometime in summer last year (yes i remember exactly when) and today its like "umm, ok now i remember why i liked her so much."

however, i wont see her again, nor will i talk to her again, so its all good.

this coming from a person who said he had no use for sexuality just a week or two ago must seem strange. what can i say? so much is happening out here in the frozen winter-burned barren land of tundra that i might lose my grip on my few shreds of undieing sanity.

why i really wrote this thread is what makes us attracted to people we shouldnt be, knowingly even? aaargh. shes not stuck in my mind, but i needed to post this thread to get your attention. what.

------

PART 2

------

alright. theres this other wonderful girl whom ive known for id say about a year now, who i get along with great. i see her with her friends when we get together whenever, usually on weekends and we always have a great time.

well, this past weekend ive been driven to the ground by her friends and mine also, to ask her out. i tell them flat out "no." "im not boyfriend material, and i dont want to ruin whatever friendship we/i enjoy."

this however hasnt changed their stance.

so naturally i scream at them, jump up throw my bewildered hands in the air and tell them to screw off.

well, whatever. all of this happens to take place RIGHT in front of her. they pretended to be quiet, but i know she heard all of this.

this next friday i imagine ill see her again. it was all weired at the end of our "time" last time, now what. her friends have since, so ive heard, told her about this plan of theirs, so i can only imagine how awkward this will all be.

this is a beautiful reminder of why relationships never work.

how do i present myself now? naturally i dont ever want to see her again now, but i want to remain friends, and who knows maybe maybe maybe well no, it will never happen, consider dating her, if she would too. wait. doesnt it always take two anyway?

yet another rambling piece of blind dijointed poetry on my behalf.

i like being alone. but i think i might not like to be alone too.

thoughts?

------------------
-deathbear

If you were dating material, would you want to date this new girl? If you guys are strong enough, you guys could weather a stint at dating, and if it doesn't work - go back to the friendship!

this switching from friends to more than friends and off again, doesnt work. sorry, but thanks for the advice anyway.

------------------
-deathbear

You're right, it doesnt work. Because I'm actually going though a friend, more than friend, back to friend situation at the moment and its not a walk in the park.

I told you already but I'll say it here, you'll know when its right.. when you least expect it something will happen that you're 100% sure of. And everything will be alright.

And most good friends are better left good friends!
icon1.gif

ya sicy, ive heard your situation doesnt sound like a bundle of laughs and giggles.

but ya know, if i were to gamble with it, and thigns were awkward if she said no, i doubt id care too much, cause shes the only diamond out of everyone of her friends anyway! :O i mean seirously, her friends are a bit....um, well lets say they stimulate my interest as much as a drunken mule meow-ing like a dog while walking circles in a steel cage.

theyre nice but if i never saw them again...i think id do just fine.

so ya, well thanks again for your input.

i highly doubt anything will come out of this, because i always do something to make sure it doesnt work.

------------------
-deathbear

If it's any comfort, I have done the 'romantic-back-to-friendship-awkwardly' thing at least twice and both times were successful. Very awkward for a long while but worked out great in the end.

I say go after the girl in your own subtle way. Maybe she'd end up asking you out, who knows. Some girls do that, I am living proof. Cheer/chin up, loserass.

furry

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

bear bear bear...I was mates with this one guy for years (well about 3 or so), we went to the footy together, hung out, had water fights, long talks about everything and nothing, it was all so good, were simply great mates. We both had relationships with other folks at various times and anyway you know where this is leading. We'll be having our 2nd wedding anniversary in a few months.

You love your mates right, well sometimes we fall IN love with them. I think its the best way to start it all off. When you are just friends you learn so much more about ppl.

A really good friendship with someone can sustain a lot. If this is that kind of friendship you have nothing to lose. You may not gain anything, but you may not lose it either.

Originally posted by Sicy:

And most good friends are better left good friends!
icon1.gif

so true, Sicy...

------------------
N A T E

Does love light up your Christmas tree?
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
and the cartoon network turns into the news...

Ok. Here's my advice. Do you like her? First and foremost, this is what is important. If you like her, then ask yourself this- Are you not asking her out because you are afraid she'll say no? If that is the case, then I say bullocks. You are a great guy, and if her friends are egging you on to ask her out, then they obviously know something you don't. You have to take a chance in life! So I left the CD's outside his door, at least I made an attempt (no matter how feeble). You gotta take a chance!
Now, perhaps you just don't like her enough. Or perhaps you are not ready to be in a relationship. Then those are valid reasons, but saying you are not boyfriend material does not jive with me mister.
So then, maybe the real issue is the fact that you are friends, and you don't want to jeopardise that. Ok, fine. That is valid too, but who's to say it would jeopardise anything? You guys could fall in love, or maybe it wouldn't work out, but the possibility of your friendship becoming non-existent is not a given. Anything could happen. I myself have dated someone I was friends with, and then it didn't work out... after some time, we have become better friends than we ever were. I know that's not necessarily the norm, but it does happen.
Another thing-> you guys have only been friends a year. Not that her friendship isn't strong and wonderful, but it's also not an old friendship from way back you are jeopardising. Ok, that sounds worse than how I mean it. I guess my point is, maybe your meeting in the first place, was to end up more than friends... I don't have all the answers, but it's not like you are asking out your best friend are you?

Anyway... ask yourself those questions, and then decide. All I can say to you is this, if you don't take chances in life you'll never get anywhere. Is she worth the risk? Maybe not, but you don't know that. Do what your heart says. I am not telling you to ask her out, but I can't honestly see any bad in it.

I know you hate song quotes in threads but seriously---> "When you stop taking chances, you stay where sit, You won't live any longer, but it will feel like it..."

I am no relationship expert by any means, and you know that, but I am all for taking the plunge, no matter how hard. It hasn't always worked for me, but I don't regret a moment.

Originally posted by Sicy:
when you least expect it something will happen that you're 100% sure of. And everything will be alright.

Truer words.. truer words...

Sicy's dead on.

Back
Top Bottom