I do not throw away pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
Less of a confession, more of a topic of discussion.

I have a TON of photos of/with ex-girlfirends...but, they are often in spots that we visited, or me trying out different shots with my cameras or with other people I am friends with etc. etc. etc. I have no problem having them around - it is a part of my life.

So, is this common:

Do you guys have lots of photos with your ex in them? And if you do, and you are dating or married...how does your sig. other handle them?

-OR-

Are you the type that purges or edits (scissors and all) photos when the relationship is over?

:hmm:

I was pretty furious with my ex-husband so I have quite a few "edits" :reject: I have saved some pics that my kids might want someday and also gave a big box to my grandmother for safe keeping. I don't think I have pictures of any other exes around anywere but that probably has more to do with the passing of time than anything else.

Every now and then, a picture of my husband's ex will turn up but it doesn't bother me...I'll usually just give it to one of his kids or put it in a box of old pictures.

Now, Mr. BAW did have quite a few pictures of his last girlfriend before me and I didn't pressure him to get rid of them...I knew when the time was right, he would do it on his own. We actually had a little "purging" ceremony where we saved the frames but trashed the pictures...and put new pictures of us as a couple in the frames :wink:

I have pictures of my ex's. They're in photo albums that I never look at anymore lol. For the most part I do not wish to destroy them simply because they were memories.. and still part of my life whether or not they are no longer in my life. Plus I love pictures. lol.

I think I only destroyed one's pictures.. I wanted to erase any and all memory of them :down:

I dont think my sig. other minds.. he realizes it was in the past and what really matters is who I'm with now and how happy I am :)

I purge nearly everything else regularly, but I keep all pictures of exes and everyone else, and the love letters from one ex. I'm also still friends with most of them. :|

well you know me and the past....:heart:
Hub and I both have ALL our old photographs, they and the people in them are very dear to us. It is possible to love and then love again.It would be a bit strange not to I think. I personally LOVED seeing his teenage years etc. before he met me. He had 2 serious long-term relationships before me, I would actually be OK about meeting them both, but never have. One thing I noticed and thought was interesting, how similar looking the three of us are.....all gorgeous:D
Hub listens to me endlessly ramble on about the past. He is so cool , he even scanned pics of my "ex" for me and he found a pic of "the car!!" in a magazine recently and pointed it out to me.:)
We don't live in a vacuum.(one "c" or 2?) All the little bits of the past add up to the present.
I do have some photos I have purged myself from because I look so godawful ugly.

I have pictures of me and my ex-boyfriend. I'm able to look back at the pictures and remember the good times we had and smile. Besides, getting rid of all pictures of him would mean throwing out my High School prom photos, and I definately want to keep those. I dont have a SO to deal with, but I wouldn't get rid of them if I did, he would have no reason to feel threatened by them and if he had pictures of his ex's it wouldn't bother me.

i'm a picture pack-rat. i just cannot get rid of any photo for the life of me. they go where i go....even into marriage. what can i say, i'm a highly sentimental individual. so yes, i still have tons of pictures containing my ex-boyfriends. i can't see any reason to just chuck them, seeing as i've had fairly good relationships with all of them, despite the fact we are no longer together. they constitute my past and who i am today; i'm not regrettful or ashamed of anything relating to my past, so i don't see the problem in retaining mementos from it.

the hubby doesn't mind one bit. he's understands that i'm a sentimental individual and ultimately respects that. though i must admit, one time i did violate that respect i suppose: i was extremely upset with my husband, as he had really hurt my feelings about something....so i pulled out a picture of one of my past ex-boyfriends and made the comment, "damn, i should have married him when i had the chance...he would have treated me far better than you..." :yikes: that was really shitty on my part...believe me, i know :shame:

as for my husband, he was never one to really collect or take photos with his past girlfriends :shrug: plus, he moved around very a whole lot, so he ended up losing or misplacing a lot of his possessions (not that it even bothered him). though he still does have a set of pictures with his last ex-girlfriend. the pictures were pretty much in disarray and were bound to get lost as well barring another move. so i actually put the pictures in a nice photo album and stuck it in a labeled box for him. so needless to say, i don't have a problem with my significant other keeping photos of his ex-girlfriends.

I don't have any exes because no one wanted to go out with me!

:sad:

But if I *did*, I would have saved them all. I have scrapbooks that have pictures, cards, letters, clippings and everything that ever happened to me in my life that I totally treasure from birth onwards. Your pictures are YOUR memories, and you should be able to keep them if you want to. If your current partner has a problem with this, too damn bad I say!

i still have pics of one of my ex's in my photo album. he was a major part of my life and it was not a bad relationship so i have kept all the pictures, cards, letters, etc. that he wrote me that includes christmas cards from his parents that were sent to me. if i tossed those pics out i am tossing out a part of my life that was one of the best times i have ever experienced. and i don't ever want to forget that. now i was upset when he had pics of his ex-girlfriend. i would get annoyed when he would show me pics of them together. and i made him toss them out. :slant: i wish i never did that because it was a selfish thing for me to do. oh well.

i dont have any exs that i have a bad relationship.

i once made a girl really really really mad on a date though and have it on good authority that later on that evening she destroyed a picture of me.

kobayashi said:
i once made a girl really really really mad on a date though and have it on good authority that later on that evening she destroyed a picture of me.

Who told???? :mad:

sex and candy

a mutual friend. well the guy was a friend of mine and knew her. she was a little nuts. i was driving her and i to a coffee house to enjoy a drink and talk for a little bit...this is our second date.

so that 'sex and candy' song came on by i cant remember who now but i really disliked that song. i thought it kinda sucked. so as the driver i put a cd in or something

well it turns out this girl was a really really big fan of that song. she sounded really annoyed when she asked why i 'did that' and i knew we were in trouble. i wasnt all that impressed with her to begin with and could see a potentially funny situation developing so i sort of egged her on by telling her the song sucked.

she of course flipped out. she was screaming at me about how all of her friends really liked it. i told her to calm down but she kept on getting madder and madder which only made me start to smirk and eventually laugh. she asked me to take her home so i did.

soon after, apparently, the pages of the yearbook in which i appeared on were destroyed:(:):lol:

i have little respect for hissy-fit-throwers.

Mrs. Edge said:
I don't have any exes because no one wanted to go out with me!

:sad:

ditto :hug: :sigh:

well I save all my pictures...I have a box full of them that is actually overflowing, plus 2-3 photo albums full. I don't have any pics of sig. others cuz I don't have past, present, or current sig. others :shrug:

Re: sex and candy

kobayashi said:
a mutual friend. well the guy was a friend of mine and knew her. she was a little nuts. i was driving her and i to a coffee house to enjoy a drink and talk for a little bit...this is our second date.

so that 'sex and candy' song came on by i cant remember who now but i really disliked that song. i thought it kinda sucked. so as the driver i put a cd in or something

well it turns out this girl was a really really big fan of that song. she sounded really annoyed when she asked why i 'did that' and i knew we were in trouble. i wasnt all that impressed with her to begin with and could see a potentially funny situation developing so i sort of egged her on by telling her the song sucked.

she of course flipped out. she was screaming at me about how all of her friends really liked it. i told her to calm down but she kept on getting madder and madder which only made me start to smirk and eventually laugh. she asked me to take her home so i did.

soon after, apparently, the pages of the yearbook in which i appeared on were destroyed:(:):lol:

i have little respect for hissy-fit-throwers.

jaysus :|

I only ever wanted to keep pics of one of my ex boyfriends...sadly they were all on my computer and I didn't make the back-up disk correctly when I re-installed windows and lost them all. He refused to even send me one pic so I could remember him. It still hurts that I don't have anything at all to remember him by.

i tried to give my ex back the pictures of us. he doesnt want them. i dont want them. im tempted to throw them out. i am seriously thinking about it. i have no use for it. but then again, i'll regret it later since daisy's probably gonna want to look at pics of her dad and me once in a while. i hate those damned pictures. other than that, i have one other pic of my ex boyfriend. i hated him too. but for some reason i won't throw that one away.

icelle, if having the pictures of him around upsets you maybe you can have your mother or another relative keep them for daisy. That's what my grandma did when my aunt got divorced.

haha my mom don't even want them. even my ex's mother. sad isn't it.

I still have pictures of exs... all 2 of them, one picture a peice...

Though, I guess thats not bad, since I have about 3 rolls of undeveloped film, and various photo albums of the absolutely most random shit... I swear, the number of pictures I took of bogs and rocks and flowers and stuff while on various vacations would boggle your mind... or, it would if I actually had lots of pictures rather than a couple photo albums... but per capita, I have a lot of nothing, and very few meaningful things... Although, all things considered, the pictures of random naturey things are rather good pictures. But Id rather have more pictures than less, but Im kinda stuck insofaras the resources available to me for such things are limited at best. Buuuuut... Yeah, I dont have enough pictures, and Im probably the only one whos ever gonna say they dont have enough pictures of exs and stuff, but what ya gonna do?

Back
Top Bottom