I DO like change... so happy I could spit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
I DO like change after all...

My boyfriend gave me a hopechest tonight for my birthday...which basically means, we'll be engaged within a year. For those who arent familiar - it's a cedar chest, that people give you nice bed linens etc... to fill it up for after you are married.

I had an idea, I mean - I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life....but getting this from him and now knowing (with physical proof) that he feels the same is undescribable... I'm about to burst. :heart:

I am so thankful to God, and everything. I never thought I was going to meet someone like this... all my prayers have been answered and my dreams have come true.

I sound like a total shmuck and I dont care!!

Awwwwwwww...my dad bought my mom a cedar chest when they got engaged! :kiss: That is so sweet! Congrats! :hug:

oh I was just going to post in your other thread about how good things usually come out of change if you can just get through it, but I guess now I don't have to since you know that's true!!!! Congrats to you guys :)

awwww how romantic! Congratulations!

I didn't know about the cedar chest custom.

So the chest is filled with gifts from the wedding day, yes?
And when you get the chest, it's a tradition to get engaged within a year?

Re: awwww how romantic! Congratulations!

U2girl said:
I didn't know about the cedar chest custom.

So the chest is filled with gifts from the wedding day, yes?
And when you get the chest, it's a tradition to get engaged within a year?

Well I think it varies for some people/cultures etc... but what I've always known is - that the guy buys the girl the hopechest, and it basically symbolizes that he wants to marry you in the future. Then, family and friends usually give the girl gifts like linens, etc in anticipation of the wedding day etc, to be stored in there before and after. And technically now, it gives my boyfriend another year to buy me a ring. :D I mean, last night we went out to dinner with a few friends of ours, and one of them thought it was a jewelry box or something to that effect, he wasnt familiar with the idea at all. And actually... now that I think of it - Bill really wasnt either. I remember now explaining it to him when my brother got his fiance one last year!

Congratulations!! :) :) :cute:

He didn't know about hope chests before you told him, but he gave you one anyway? awwww.... :heart:

:hmm:
*thinks of making up "customs" in order to get lots of presents ;)

Me: "In America, we have this custom where boys have to give girls lots of penguins and candy every Tuesday." :D

Wow!

This is great!!! I'm glad things are going so well for both of you. Maybe I'll meet him (and see you again....) someday!!! I need to email you...

:)

Back
Top Bottom