i didn't think i'd come to admit but i feel like dont have a purpose in life anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jesse,

I hope my random comments were of some use to you. I'm only going to the show on the 18th at twickenham as the budget's a bit tight at the moment. You goin to that one? GA or seats? Would be cool to meet up for a pint if possible. If you're up for a ua/asu debate just drop me a line at karlscholz77@hotmail.com and we'll set something up.

Take it easy mate :up:

jesseu2 said:

its just i liked this one chicck who i met like one or two months ago, we went out for lunch, spoke on the phone cpl times then i never heard back from her on the phone... then a couple days ago, saw her at a bar an she says LOUDLY "this is my boyfriend".. what a bitch, i thought she stabbed me right there.... i'm thinkin how is (or all these fratboy-like dudes) he better than me? WTF! i just was litterly about to lose it after so many heartaches.

some people aren't worth a minute of your time. i was seeing someone who was living with his pregnant girlfriend and didn't think of telling me, the galling thing is their house is about 5 minutes (by car) from where i live. but, if you think about things like that it would just make you bitter and resentful. look forward is my motto.

i hope the girl gets in touch.

see you in dublin :hug:

Great email Jesse :up:

I hope it works out for you. Do keep us informed!

And have a great trip to Europe!! :wave:

p.s.: I`m glad you enjoyed me walking in on you... :wink:

an update after tonight, st patty's..

i still feel the same way.... altho i am graduating in may and i just am hoping to meet someone in the field of work i am going to be in... i think it would happen there but i'm not crossin my fingers... i just need to get away from the shallow soroity/college brats...

but with the way my luck has been on the dating/relationship front lately, I keep doubting she even exists whoever she is. sometimes, i just want to end my misery of bein alone or the thought of bein alone for life.... but i can't do that, gotta be there for a couple people..

i know i went off-topic there but I saw this girl tonight who i hadn't seen for a year an a half, i got the craziest thought she changed her number because of me but luckily that wasn't the case cuz i asked her but i think she has a bf cuz she said she "was tired" (you never know what to believe these days) but not sure to believe her because i've gotten lotsa BS from girls before..... i only saw her 10-15 mins after she got to the bar.... before she left she said she wanted to hang out tomorrow which is cool with me but if she does have a bf indeed, i'll be broken cuz she is soo happy to see me as i am too when we do run into each other.., I do not know how to go about this.... i know i soundlike a baby maybe but i just feel turned upside down now... i was mad at her for not getting ahold of me for a year an a half an then now there was a reason for it.. she lost her phone, but yet she knew where i lived, i guess or maybe she forgot. i did see her halloween 2004 drunk off her ass with some guy an she wasnt able to talk really..

she did ask me whats new an all that, an gave me kisses an hugs...

i know to keep it slow but i just feel like a mental wreck now... i like her but i don't know how she feels.... an i have to have twi surgeries on my back and neck sometime after i graduate as they are messed up an i'm scared... i hate surgery.. these operations are to make it easier in life for me to function... mucle-tendion release surgery an i gor bone spurts on my spine in my neck area which can get worse after a couple bad falls... all scary shit.. these operations are coming before i go into the work force..

an another thing... fuck match.com, its the worst site in my opinion to meet ladies.. lotsa blow-off...er's. i am not payin for that piece of shit website, i'd rather take that special someone out for a nice dinner if any would let me, dammit. all these girls say "i'm a great guy" soo what the hell are they doin just sittin there an not sayin nothin about dating. i try an ask em on a date but they always got issues or excuses. it ticks me off.

as you can see, a lot is on my mind now.... :|

Well love should be a reason to live, not the lack of love a reason not to live, in my opinion.
But there is an universal Love, that is the reason we're born for, and a jaelous love
that is more passional and that has nothing to share with the true universal love. Don't believe what they say, jealous love isn't as important as they say, "don't let the bastards grind you down" you can be happy as you are, really! And when you discover how happy you can be on your own, or rather, livin without a mate but following the universal real Love (of which jealous love is just an istrument towards, a way to reach the real thing)
well your happiness and your serenity will be so contagious that everyone would love to stay next to you, to learn
from you the most difficult thing in life: how to accept yourself, how to accept
your conscience and your body (both the sweetest gift and the sorrow swallow). In short word, you will show other people how to live.
And maybe you'll find someone very very nice...
Where you see difficulties, I see great opportunities.
Accept your challenge, I know you can win.
And if you need for a chat, here we are
:)

Best of all,
Ciao,
Tom

ohh an on the topic of the emails i sent to that girl in june 2005, no response back since.. oh well.

tommy - tnx, i know its as you said (having hard time seeing what you say) but i just am like a wreck now an just had to tell how i feel.

Hi Jessie,

:hug:

When I was at University the abundance of drunken stupidity parties and not much else sent me mental. I ended up joining Amnesty International as I wanted to meet people who talked about more than how drunk they got last weekend and how drunk they are going to get this weekend. I was actually quite devastated about the reality of university life. I choose a university that caters to international students as I wanted to meet people from all of the globe. Turns out they just wanted to get plastered as well.

Stress = the inability to come to terms with reality.

Which is exactly what happened to me at University. It wasn't what I wanted it to be. Nor were the people. Sounds like you are in a similar boat.

As for the "nice guy" comment. I've suffered from that one as well, except I'm a girl. I used to get the "you're too good for me" line which sends me mental.

Umm, I'm rambling about myself in your thread. lol. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that many people choose to hide their personality behind the common expectant. You don't do that and that makes you harder to place in society. There are other people who have a similar approach to life too, you just need to find them. Hang in there :hug:

Jesse, I wish I could reach through the computer and just give you a motherly hug. The people who seem to have all the attention are actually few, and most of them are running scared someone will find out what they're really like and dump them. So we're all in this together.

Let me tell you a story about a guy who went through school and had practically no friends. He hung out with the adults because they didn't reject him, and he ran errands to make himself feel needed. In college he knew some girls but whenever he talked to them all they did was complain about how they didn't have a boyfriend and no guys were interested in them (boy, did he ever feel like chopped liver!). So he'd gripe about his girl-less-ness :) and they got along. He hurt and started noticing that others hurt, too. Oh, and did I mention he was way overweight? He worked hard in school because he thought he could become a doctor and could help people but no school would take him. So he worked hard and studied hard and hung around girls who never saw him as a guy, and he learned to do caligraphy and built VWs because his kept breaking down.
At age thirty-two (!) he met a girl who didn't date because she was fed up with self-centered, shallow guys, and she was intrigued by him...she did caligraphy and had built a VW engine just to see if she could. She found him to be tender from the hard times he'd been through, helpful from the training he'd given himself running errands, and grateful to have someone see him as a real person and not some goodlooking guy with a fast car (he wasn't and didn't). Two unremarkable people looking for real, committed love found each other. We've been married for 18 years next March 26, and happy. :)

Hang tough, Jesse...life is right now, whether it's a girl or just dealing with whatever is in front of you this minute. You are building the foundation of the rest of your life, so take each moment and do it well and be learning all the time.

It encourages me that the U2 guys overcame hurts: Edge got grief from being different because he had a Welsh accent...Bono had an adversarial father and his mother died...Larry lost his mom and sister...Adam's life seemed intolerable to him. We all hurt somehow, and your hurt is real, too; I'm not making light of that. I don't know what you should say to that girl you are interested in, but it's good to be friends before being lovers so I'd work on the friendship angle of it. If nothing else comes of it, you still have a friend and more experience in relationships that will help you the rest of your life. If it's going to mature into a love relationship, it will without you pushing it prematurely.
Meanwhile, go practice your friendship skills. The internet is good (no one is going to slap you!); clubs are good (play chess? Want to learn?). Go to a church (ours is over-run with pretty and sane eligible young women) as people are accepted there.

God bless you, Jesse!

Rini
(old enough to probably be your grandmother!)

:hug:

first off, let me say that even though we ALL have our own "disabilities" and "handicaps", i can only imagine the struggles some people encounter in life just because those traits are instantly/externally obvious. life is really a bitch in that way.

secondly, as i'm learning myself, please strive to build your self-worth in relation to your own attitutdes, strengths and competencies--not in relation to anyone else (which equates to being in a relationship or not). i don't care if it boils down to just having a good heart, that's definitely something worth feeling proud about. i'm of the rose-tinted belief that everyone on this earth has a purpose (has value). sometimes it's just a matter of one discovering it.

keep your head up! there are a lot of people who believe in you (on this forum alone). start believing in yourself!

again, :hug:

Back
Top Bottom