I didn't know that you could scroll with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYbrowneyedgirl

Acrobat
that thing (not sure what it's called) in between the right & left click button on your mouse!

This weekend we got a new computer for home and after we hooked it all up, my kids said great it's got the scroll button on the mouse. They showed me what it was and how to use it.

This morning I checked my computer at work, and noticed that it's on my mouse there too. I've had that computer for over a year and a half and never noticed it.

That is the coolest thing ever, I can't believe I never knew about it.

daisybean said:
you mean the wheel.

My life has never been the same since the invention of the wheel. :heart:

The wheel, so that's what it's called, that makes sense. I've had one all this time and didn't know what to do with it, what a dummy!

My mouse at work has two additional buttons to move forward and back through Internet pages. When I go home, I keep squeezing the side of the mouse and nothing happens :mad:

nbcrusader said:
My mouse at work has two additional buttons to move forward and back through Internet pages. When I go home, I keep squeezing the side of the mouse and nothing happens :mad:
:laugh:

my old mouse had a horizontal and vertical scroll wheel, as well as a third button you could program to do whatevah. i had it set to double click, cuz all the other features were kinda :down:, i never used them anyway (like magnify and stuff).

anyway, sometimes i still click on the side with my thumb and i'm like "why won't it double click? oh yeah...:sad:" :der:

i have a scroll wheel at home, and at work too. my mom doesn't have one, so when i show her how to do things, it's so weird to have to manually scroll down through pages of stuff! :huh:

I use the wheel all the time.....sometimes it makes my finger hurt :silent:

I love my wheel...my mouse at work didn't have one, so I took somebody else's and switched 'em. :shifty:

nbcrusader said:

:drool: I want one of those!

Crazy Mac users have no clue what we're talking about cos they only have one big button. :crack::crazy:

The mouses on some of the computers in the ER of the hospital I volunteer at don't have the scroll wheels. Drives me nuts when you have a patient whose last name is V.... and you have to use the arrow and it takes forever...

I just got the wheel a few months ago.

Today was the first day I didn't use the wheel....my computer at work doesn't have it. I was like WTF? How do I scroll down?

My finger kept moving for the wheel but it wasn't there.

Now I'm home and happily scrolling.....

Optical mouse with wheel. :drool:

:heart:
compmouse.gif
:heart:

The wheel.............................those stone age doods were real poor ones until they got the wheel for their mouse, eh?

Wow, I never knew about the wheel. :eek:

I have a very boring, very plain mouse. :p I use the arrows to scroll -- hardly EVER use the mouse to scroll. I also use the Page Down, Page Up, and End buttons a lot. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom