I didn't go to my phyiscal therapy evaluation this moring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to go to physical therapy too... because I have problems with my right hand, it hurts a lot and sometimes I can't write or draw ( :yikes:) very well, and that's worrying me because I'm working in illustration.

i have yet to get my damn MRI results back. :down:

i skipped out on Mondays session, because it was at 7:30AM! :no: Iris doesn't do morning sessions unless it is a client meeting. screw my knees.

i had my evaluation last week. i freaked out when the therapist touched my knees, so much that i shoved his hand off of my knee when he touched them, I almost took a chunk of skin out of my face because I dug my nails in my face as he touched my knee. I finally told him the only way I would allow him touch my knees would be under the following conditions: A) they were to sedate me or B) he were to punch me and knock me out.

so he went with option C. Let Iris touch her own knees. :crack: :barf:
i had to move my kneecaps around on my own because i could not trust him touching me. :crazy:

after the proper evaluation, i was told my knees are indeed weak, my inner thighs are lacking strength, my right knee does not have full range of motion and i have some fluid build up which is causing my pain.

so now i have to build up my muscles in my inner thighs which should help pull my knees back into the normal position where they should be. :mad: i have a series of exercises i must do, i have to ice my knees after every single workout i do and eventually incorporate my normal workout routine back into my daily activity. :scream:

i have an appt. tomorrow morning, i suppose i will go and then call my Dr. office to bitch them out for not calling me with my results. :angry:

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:

so now i have to build up my muscles in my inner thighs which should help pull my knees back into the normal position where they should be. :mad: i have a serious of exercises i must do, i have to ice my knees after every single workout i do and eventually incorporate my normal workout routine back into my daily activity. :scream:

I could have told you that without a trip to the MRI machine or PT. You probably also have many other muscular strength / weakness imbalances and postural issues. <edit> - most people do. </edit>

remember when you start working out only to worry about position, correct form and range of motion, and balance of your body. If balanced correctly light weights will kick your ass.

did your MRI show any soft tissue damage? Or did they just tell you the lack of strength is causing tracking issues of the Patella tendon over the knee cap?

Last edited:
it is due to improper training when i was physically active as a child. he told me most people, especially women tend to build up the outer side of their thighs while neglecting their inner thighs. so since this has been an issue since i was 12 and now i am 28 i have had a good many years to screw it up. he said it will not get back to normal but we can work to get them as close as possible. he evaulated my posture, my walking, etc. and said everything was fine and that i am very fit and my flexibilty is very good. that made me feel happy. i basically have a serious of leg lifts and squats that i have to do and i have to do them with my feet turned out at an angle with 5 lbs ankle weights. i however have not done them tonight. :reject:

DiGi said:

did your MRI show any soft tissue damage? Or did they just tell you the lack of strength is causing tracking issues of the Patella tendon over the knee cap?

they have not called me back with my results. my therapist thinks i may a small tear in my meniscus in my right knee, which is the one that is causing me the most pain.

i have knee braces that i have to wear on both knees now. :huh:

if you are having issues in one area make sure to work on strengthening all areas. The body is a complex machine that will cheat its ass off to over compensate when one area is too weak, tight, hurt, etc. You probably have issues in this one area because something else is also an issue.

If I where you when doing leg extensions I would sit perfectly balanced, keep your feet straight and start the movement from inner part of my leg, go very slow and do not use your hip flexors. Thats just my two cents though.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

they have not called me back with my results. my therapist thinks i may a small tear in my meniscus in my right knee, which is the one that is causing me the most pain.

If thats the case you should get that fixed and then start a good workout program

right now he has prescribed about 5 exercises I must do. i have leg extensions, leg lifts and squats i have to do. it is all under dr. supervision, so based on my improvements or non improvements we will proceed into other areas for strength training. i also have to get the MRI results back as well before anything else can take place.

well dont be a baby and do the exercises and do them right (without overdoing it of course)

yeah it will be a pain in the butt, but if you do it right and to the best of your abilities now, the sooner you will get better and the sooner you can stop doing this crap

so, bite the bullet, do your therapy, see the doctors, do what they say, and before you know it this will be a thing of the past and youll be better than ever

good luck :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom