I didn't bother watching all the Grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RufusYoungblood

Mr. MacPhisto's Whiney Wench
After seeing them open, then win an award everything was ok.

After they lost to Trains of Jupiter or what-the-fuck-ever... I got shitty, and went and played Unreal Tournament instead.

Missed any other speeches/performances from U2. Now I feel guilty for not sticking it out.

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

OMG RUFUS!!

I did the same!!

When they were beated by Train I got reaally mad so I went to sleep. Why Drops of Jupiter??? Why
mad.gif
??? I like better Yellow!

*siiiiiiigh* I guess we can't stand being defeated Rufus
wink.gif

I don't think the grammys were on tv over here
frown.gif
I tried looking for them and they didn't seem to be on. Bloody British TV

I watched a hockey game instead, and only saw one acceptance speech and a loss by U2
eek.gif

so dont feel bad..

I did tape it though and I'm going to fast forward thru the whole thing only stopping for U2's acceptance speeches because that's all that's worth hearing in that phony little awards show
biggrin.gif

Best Album whatever..

------------------
You make yourself vulnerable to change in your life. But in the end, you've got to become the change you want to see in the world.
-the B-man

Yeah, I went to a party, late - and ended up looking through old 45s that the host owned. Highlight for the night - watching POPMart Mexico City for the first time in four years! Awesome performance - I want to go to PopMart again.

Funny, I knew there would be a confession like this in here
biggrin.gif
I kind of watched the whole thing--unusual for me--but was on the computer a bit of the time, still with the TV on. I really had to watch this year because not only was U2 up for so many, but my classmate Nelly Furtado was there too (you all know by now I went to school with her, right?
rolleyes.gif
). So that was neat to see her perform and win--I'm not a huge fan of her music, nor did I know her terribly well, but it's still cool. I was a little disappointed that U2 didn't win Best Album (how could they give it to a soundtrack?!) but it's great that all the songs nominated won an award. Especially REcord of the Year for Walk On!

I'm a hypocrite when it comes to the Grammys--despise them most of the time, love them temporarily when they come to artists I like.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
thanks for the Kit-Kats...they were awesome.

How many Cash records did you end up finding?

*still wishes she had gone to Popmart in the first place* pout.

In all, I found 11 Johnny Cash 45s - with the Sun Records logo on them - VERY COOL. Much better than listening to some 9/11 country song!

And in reality, you should thank Fizzywhizbees (SP?) for those specific Kit Kats!!!

MOFO!

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 02-28-2002).]

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Yeah, I went to a party, late - and ended up looking through old 45s that the host owned. Highlight for the night - watching POPMart Mexico City for the first time in four years! Awesome performance - I want to go to PopMart again.

thanks for the Kit-Kats...they were awesome.

How many Cash records did you end up finding?

*still wishes she had gone to Popmart in the first place* pout.

Originally posted by Ana:
OMG RUFUS!!

I did the same!!

When they were beated by Train I got reaally mad so I went to sleep. Why Drops of Jupiter??? Why
mad.gif
??? I like better Yellow!

*siiiiiiigh* I guess we can't stand being defeated Rufus
wink.gif

Why not "Yellow"? Because it doesn't feature the oh so clever line: "The best soy latte you ever had and me." train, you suck.

------------------
*Proud owner, maker, and baker of THE U2 cookies*

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 03-03-2002).]

Originally posted by zonelistener:

Oh, are you serious! I hate being 17 and parents and curfews!!!!
mad.gif
That was a good time though. Oh, yea, thanks for the kit kats. Especially from Becky who had a really bad day Thursday and was in serious need of chocolate and found her kit kat. Ok, that's all.

------------------
*Proud owner, maker, and baker of THE U2 cookies*

Back
Top Bottom