I did something that I'm not proud of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Sicy and U2SavesTheWorld too....

I also tend to agree with U2SavesTheWorld's previous statement about the need to be banned.

I'm trying REALLY hard to find kindness and compassion in my own heart...

I guess I'm too nice obviously, because I DO give people plenty of chances and plenty of private warnings, but there is only so much I can take.

Sorry, we're all different. I will give him one more chance.

If something happens again, well, then that's it.

Although I should add I don't know about any prior incidents so that I guess makes a difference.

Sicy said:
I guess I'm too nice obviously, because I DO give people plenty of chances and plenty of private warnings, but there is only so much I can take.

I can speak about this from personal experience. Sicy, you are the best when it comes to giving people another chance! You are simply a great person.

:hug: to U2SavesTheWorld and LoveTown.

uwwedoogie, I hope that you've read the responses to this thread and are feeling remorse for the horrible lie you told.

Sicy said:
People are so quick to accept apologies, it makes me laugh. All of you that 'accept' his apology, what happens next time when he lies about something else? What happens when it directly has to do with you, or a friend? Would you all be so forgiving then? People need to wake up.

Honestly I dont feel saying 'sorry' is good enough and I actually dont think he means it. He's just trying to cover his butt, once again. Because this has happened before in the tour forums. He lied about a set list which caused complete chaos on this board and U2.com and who knows how many other boards. And when he got chewed out for it, he apologized profusely and swore it was a joke and he'd never do it again. Hah! Liers dont know how to stop lying.

And sorry if I sound harsh or 'undiplomatic' but to be quite honest, I'm sick and tired of being diplomatic. It doesnt seem to make a difference.

I'll be honsest with you now, for the whole "tour setlist" fiasco, I'm not sorry, I never said I was, I said I sorry for causing hassle, but never apologised for posting it. Because that was a joke, and I'm still stunned as to why people took that bono didnt sing 2 lines of a song so badly, I'm not going to that, this however is totaly different, in it wasn't intended to cause hassle, I didn't want people to get upset, and I am sorry, you can all think I'm bullshitting if you want, thats your opinion, I'm not saying this to cover my ass, I'm saying it because I mean it, weither or not you choose to believe is up to you.

I'd give him a second chance, because this is the first truly hurtful thing I've seen him post. The setlist thing was as far as I know, relatively harmless.

He may or may not be sincere in his apology, and I suppose I'll never know, but I try as a rule to give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe to a fault, but I don't see the harm in accepting his apology at face value and hoping he's learned his lesson.

You lie quite a bit in here or at least talk about shit you don't know anything about, most of those are pretty harmless, dumb but harmless. But this is completely different, hopefully you've learned something.

Sicy said:
People are so quick to accept apologies, it makes me laugh. All of you that 'accept' his apology, what happens next time when he lies about something else? What happens when it directly has to do with you, or a friend? Would you all be so forgiving then? People need to wake up.
:yes:

if it had been anything, ANYTHING else in the world, i would forgive you guys. if you'd lied and said "oh darren lost his job so he's kinda pissed off" when he hadn't, that could be forgiven. if you'd lied and said "darren's girlfriend broke up with him, so he's kinda pissed off" when she hadn't, that could be forgiven. BUT YOU DO NOT LIE ABOUT THE DEATH OF A LOVED ONE, PARTICULARLY A PARENT. i wonder what his father would think of all of this. i'd love to know what he would have to say that his son tried to blame his attitude on his father's death. that is so cheap. the both of you have a lot of growing up to do. what the two of you did was completely unforgivable in my book.

and really, to all of you who are so easily handing out the "you're forgiven" and the hugs, it really makes me wonder if you even realize what exactly the two of them did or if you even cared in the first place.

KhanadaRhodes said:

and really, to all of you who are so easily handing out the "you're forgiven" and the hugs, it really makes me wonder if you even realize what exactly the two of them did or if you even cared in the first place.

Yes I was there in that thread and saw it and did care about it. Please don't judge others who have a different opinion than you.

I am sorry to all those who have lost a parent and I do not approve of what happened. But like vertigogal said, I have not seen anything else hurtful he has posted and I also try to give people the benefit of the doubt so I will give him a second chance.

Even though I didn't say anything to you, I felt awful when I saw the post about Darren's father passing away. Imagine what a fool I feel like when I come on here today and read your post saying it was all a big lie. You and Darren toyed with people's emotions just to gain sympathy, hoping that there would be a slight chance he'd be let back on. Well, with this lie if he had any slim chance of coming back, it's gone.

Age is no excuse either. I'm the same age as Duane and Darren and I know better than to make something like that up.

Dulce de Leche said:
Yes I was there in that thread and saw it and did care about it. Please don't judge others who have a different opinion than you.
so you're completely willing to forgive someone who purposely lied about the death of their parent JUST to get sympathy in the hopes that they'd be unbanned? i'm not judging anyone, i'm just wondering how you guys can do it, that's all.

I think we've all done very stupid things at some point in our lives. At least I know I have. Something you just do without thinking AT ALL about how it will affect others. I think that is what happened here and I think he is genuinely sorry about it. Will I be suspicious of things he says in the future? Yes, probably.

KhanadaRhodes said:

so you're completely willing to forgive someone who purposely lied about the death of their parent JUST to get sympathy in the hopes that they'd be unbanned? i'm not judging anyone, i'm just wondering how you guys can do it, that's all.

in their defense they said they forgave me for saying it, they didnt say they forgave darren for making it up (maybe they did, but i didnt see it)

Dulce de Leche said:
I think we've all done very stupid things at some point in our lives. At least I know I have. Something you just do without thinking AT ALL about how it will affect others. I think that is what happened here and I think he is genuinely sorry about it. Will I be suspicious of things he says in the future? Yes, probably.

I agree with you. It was an incredibly stupid and hurtful thing to do. I know I felt terrible for Darren, and like an idiot when I found out it wasn't true. Maybe Duane should be banned temporarily, and he's obviously going to lose a lot of people's trust...but I'm going to choose to believe he's genuinely sorry and we'll see if he is I guess.

What Khanada and Sicy said.

I actually believed this when I read it and went back to look in M4P journal to see if there was mention of it. :tsk:
What an awful thing to "joke" about.

I've always taken everything either of them has said w/ a grain of salt, so unfortunately, that post didn't even surprise me. Nonetheless, I found it sickening and one of the most immature, insensitive things I've ever encountered. Posting random shit and threads full of nonsense babble is one thing, but lying about something like that makes my insides turn. Seriously, what the fuck was going through your head?

he was banned for attacking another member, for sending nasty PMs and not stopping when asked to do so by mods.

Look I've gotten my warning, I've learned my lesson, and I'm sorry, why else would I be here trying to convince you all, if I didn't care I wouldn't bother or would just not come here.

i wanted to make a big long reply to this

but i wont

i find this disgusting and disturbing

i'm putting you on my ignore list, which you probably dont care about

this thread makes me ill.

uwwedoogie...I would suggest going through some of the archives of this forum. There are a number of threads on the loss of a loved one...real threads. This little hoax of yours is a slap in the face to all of those threads.

I hope that you truely do understand how screwed up what you and your friend did. I hope that this little confession thread of yours is a true confession of the regret you feel.

I'm too pissed right now to say anymore...other than the few people who know me know why I'm pissed.

PS i hope you'll get banned

you hurt so many people on so many levels, it took people less to get banned

sick

and disgusting

uwwedoogie said:
Look I've gotten my warning, I've learned my lesson, and I'm sorry, why else would I be here trying to convince you all, if I didn't care I wouldn't bother or would just not come here.

That's a good question, why ARE you here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom