I did not watch the Super Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
I didn't care. I didn't even watch the commercials. Last year I saw Bono's appearance on 60 minutes then went to a friend's to watch the Puppy Bowl. This year, I stayed in and did work. I don't have cable, and the rabbit ears get crappy reception. I have no regrets! I produced some kickass graphics during those few hours. :)

Its not like I don't like sports. I like watching the REAL football (soccer), and I watch college sports. But...something about pro-sports in the U.S., for some reason I just can't get into them.

Who else didn't see it? What did you do instead?

I didn't watch it either. I wrote out artist checks for the arts coop I'm in; detailed our (the coop) financial situation (could be better) and what I think we need to do to make it better; wrote some emails; doodled around here and on a couple of other boards.

Worked for me. :)

Lancemc said:
I watched it. But mainly just to see Prince. I love Prince.

me too...the game was interesting for about 5 minutes but all I really wanted to see was Prince

Umm...this should probably be an embarrassing question to ask, but I'm not really embarrassed because I don't follow football. Anyway, here goes...

When did the Colts move out of Baltimore? :huh:

This was the first Superbowl I ever watched, didn't know it was on over here:huh: Do most games have 30 seconds of play before they have to lineup again? Certainly no Rugby:wink:

Anyway Prince at half-time was amazing:drool:

Last edited:
it didnt start until midnightish for me and despite my best attempts I fell asleep an hour before kick off.

I watched halftime, Prince was fantastic

Loved the outfit-9.5 (. 5 off for the curlers in turbie towel look, but only .5 since he eventually removed it) Gorgeous colors, great fit :wink:

Voice and stage presence-might be a 10, I can't really find fault with it. Loved the other songs mixed in too.

LJT said:
This was the first Superbowl I ever watched, didn't know it was on over here:huh: Do most games have 30 seconds of play before they have to lineup again? Certainly no Rugby:wink:

Anyway Prince at half-time was amazing:drool:

I didn't know it was on here either, never have the tv on.

I wouldn't have watched it. I don't do sports.

It was on about midnight on ITV, I just caught it when flicking round channels, and watched to see what the fuss was about...you should definitely lookup Prince's performance on Youtube though:yes:

Prince was amazing.

didn't really watch the game. ran out to FedEx and shipped some wedding presents during the 2nd half, and then had a cheeseburger.

:shrug:

Good for Peyton, but I was having some great roast duck with friends so whatevers.

I didn't watch it either, no thanks to Comcast! my cable/internet has been down since Thursday and despite it being Superbowl weekend, they weren't going to do anything about it and no service appts were available until today.. argh. so I'm writing this at work. so I didn't watch it, not really anyway. the rabbit ears got crappy CBS reception. I watched Grey's Anatomy dvds instead. :grumpy:

Ron and i went to Universal Studios,
if you buy one day, you get the rest of the year free. :up:

It was such a beautiful day, sunny and wonderful.
We ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.
yum.
I was mentally rooting for The Colts, but i could care less.

I need to watch the halftime show again. I only really started paying attention when he started singing "The Best of You." -

"Hey is Prince singing a Foo Fighters song? . . . He plays the guitar very well . . . he's really putting on a good show . . .damn, I should have been paying more attention from the beginning :reject: "

Did not watch it either. I use to watch just for the commercials, but this year didn't even bother.

Back
Top Bottom