i confess to feeling rage when people say they're irish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
even though they probably aren't.

and if they are, it's cause their great great grandma was half irish.

what's so cool about being irish anyway?

and why does everyone dwell on it?! noone cares! is it cause u2's from there?!

what about roy keane?!?!

i know it might not sound like much to anyone else, but i hate fakers. sex is one thing, but nationalities?

:down:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I really am Irish!!!

Plus I'm in the IRA!!! And so was my daddy!!( Note 1)

Zoomerang69, would you like to contribute some money to de cause??? (Note 2)

Note 1: Technically, these are lies.

Note 2: The cause of enhancing my CD collection, that is.

I'm 100% Dutch...more Dutch than most people that actually live in the Netherlands, heh. I don't know too many Irish people....

I have more ancestral ties to Northern Ireland than I do to actual Ireland. A Catholic priest from Belfast was kind of scared of our last name...lol.

Oh well. In America, thankfully, nationality is increasingly irrelevant.

Melon

melon said:
I have more ancestral ties to Northern Ireland than I do to actual Ireland.

I don't mean to get 'political' on your ass but judging from a map, Northern Ireland actually is in actual Ireland. :wink:

Kind of.

Last edited:
if someone's upfront about how much (or little) irish they actually are i don't care. i do hate people that are like "i'm irish!!!"
"oh really? how much?"
"well, my great-great-grandmother was from ireland."

but if someone says "oh hey i'm 1/4 irish" that's okay. and if you exaggerate or make-up irish heritage because of U2? that's just :tsk:

Yeah making up heritage crap to impress people is just plain dumb. :eyebrow:

I'm happy to say I'm half Irish...my mom was born near Belfast...:D
I'd secretly like to be Italian or Portugese though cause then I wouldn't burn my ass off in the summer! :madspit:

KhanadaRhodes said:
if someone's upfront about how much (or little) irish they actually are i don't care. i do hate people that are like "i'm irish!!!"
"oh really? how much?"
"well, my great-great-grandmother was from ireland."

but if someone says "oh hey i'm 1/4 irish" that's okay. and if you exaggerate or make-up irish heritage because of U2? that's just :tsk:

:lol:

I really hate those people "So yeah my grandmothers neighbours friends dog walkers friends cousin aunt uncle sister niece was part Irish so I'm part Irish too"

I wonder if I was laramullentheamerican because I have an aunt who lives in America if people would think I am odd.

All my grandparents and great grandparents are from the south of Ireland. Sometimes a lot of the family live in the North and then every few years some of the 2382747389 different families move house to the south again. We like moving house a lot. :up:

I think what zoomerflange is saying, is it's people who say they are Irish when they were actually born in America or Canada or Mozambique or whatever. They're not Irish. Ancestry doesn't make nationality.

myusernamehere said:

:hyper:

Your ancestors must have been better theives. They got sent further away than mine.

I wonder where the horses were sent? Maybe their descendants were the horses in U2s New Years Day film clip and we are related to those very same horses that BONOS BUTT SAT ON!!!! OMG! :combust:

beli said:

I wonder where the horses were sent? Maybe their descendants were the horses in U2s New Years Day film clip and we are related to those very same horses that BONOS BUTT SAT ON!!!! OMG! :combust:

BONO'S BUTT on Stolen horses *squuueeee*

Maybe he wrote who's gonna ride your wild horses for us :faint:

beli said:

If YOUR ancestors never stole anything what are you doing here? Then? mate

Like I said to an Aboriginal boy in my class in year 2, my dad FLEW here on QANTAS!
He actually got over here on some programme the govt had in the 60s where they advertised for immigrants to help with the worker shortage and then got his flights and everything paid for. He still doesn't vote though. He might get deported one day :lol:

Angela Harlem said:

Like I said to an Aboriginal boy in my class in year 2, my dad FLEW here on QANTAS!
He actually got over here on some programme the govt had in the 60s where they advertised for immigrants to help with the worker shortage and then got his flights and everything paid for. He still doesn't vote though. He might get deported one day :lol:

My ancestors had their passage and everything paid for too, also, as well even. :|

You're dangerous, 'cos you're honest. (yep, thats us)
You're dangerous, you don't know what you want. ( :| )

You're an accident waiting to happen (How does he know?!! He must read these forums!! )

Well you stole it 'cos I needed the cash ( :eek:mg: You are soooo right Myusernamehere! )

Ah, the deeper I spin
Ah, the hunter will sin for your ivory skin. (Thats ME to a T. Me! Me! Me! )

Who's gonna ride your wild horses?
Who's gonna drown in your blue sea? (passage from Ireland/England obviously)
Who's gonna taste your saltwater kisses? (disembarking on arrival)

:combust: I'm so glad we had this discussion :hug: I've gone my whole life not realising this song was about us/me :sad:

Thank you :bow:

financeguy said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I really am Irish!!!

Plus I'm in the IRA!!! And so was my daddy!!( Note 1)

Zoomerang69, would you like to contribute some money to de cause??? (Note 2)

Note 1: Technically, these are lies.

Note 2: The cause of enhancing my CD collection, that is.

What rank are you? :D

I'm not Irish, but I play one on TV.

Actually, my friend Nora who is of Japanese descent and me (Heinz 57 European variety) used to say, "We're not Irish; we're I-wish!"

Back
Top Bottom