I Confess. Somenights I get very flustered at Kareoke.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angel said:
what's all this talk about Vegas, and how come I wasn't invited? :mad:
go to Gatherings forum u silly SuperModel:angry:
some are talking of St Pattys Day gathering.
Thats like this year too, as in 2003.:)

Sicy has been hounding me for yrs for pieces of my work, howver i simply cannot part w my art to just anyone, ya know.:(

thank u-

db3
:angry:

Last edited:
Diamond, I accept your challenge of a duel!

To the death? Nah, but the winner get free drinks for the rest of the night. How does that sound? Good, huh? :sexywink: Oh yeah.....

NO ONE SHALL CONQUER "THE DANOSPANO: CHAMPION OF KAREOKE!!!!!!!!" NO OOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEEE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA (cough)....followed by a (hacking cough).....followed by a (sigh)......at which point The Danospano shamlessly stumbles into the nearest bathroom/exit, where he continues to (cough up a lung).

Danospano said:
Diamond, I accept your challenge of a duel!

To the death? Nah, but the winner get free drinks for the rest of the night. How does that sound? Good, huh? :sexywink: Oh yeah.....

NO ONE SHALL CONQUER "THE DANOSPANO: CHAMPION OF KAREOKE!!!!!!!!" NO OOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEEE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA (cough)....followed by a (hacking cough).....followed by a (sigh)......at which point The Danospano shamlessly stumbles into the nearest bathroom/exit, where he continues to (cough up a lung).
you are on, young fellow.

To make things a bit more interesting, I'll even let you know my first song will be "With or Without You".

Can you beat that? I think not!

we need to set ground rules.
are we only limited to only bono songs or can we do differnt material.?
like suppose one of us wants to belt out an Erasure song?:angry:
lemme know.:adam:

thank u-

db3
:dance:

Last edited:
Re: I Confess. Somenights I get very flustered at Kareoke.

diamond said:
Right at the high point of a U2 song, while in the midst of a Bono moment..
I sometimes exclaim--"Everyone on your feet!"

and..

everyone just ignores me..:angry:

thank u-

db3

:eyebrow:

Bono's American Wife said:
..wait and see how you'll get ignored after everyone hears MY voice :lol:

Would that be because there wouldn't be anyone left in the building? :eyebrow:

:tongue:

Whackamole and I have actually had the diamond karaoke experience. One and I Will Follow were in the rep, among other things.

Too bad I didn't bring a tape recorder.....

diamond said:
:ohmy:
what
would
bono
do?
;)

Bono would have them knock the key down a couple of notches since he can't hit the high notes in the original key anymore either. :lol:

Death By Karaoke

?2002 Carole Moore

Karaoke is to the 90's what leisure suits, goldfish swallowing and sideburns as wide as the Grand Canyon were to previous decades. Only this Japanese invention is much worse than the silliness of the past.

Karaoke, for those of you with the good sense to avoid it, allows people who couldn't sing on key at gunpoint to commit public music felonies. The way it works is pretty simple: there's a microphone and a machine that plays background music while a scrolling screen provides the perpetrator with the song's words. The object is for the singer (and I use that word very loosely) to warble along like he's Frank Sinatra, only without the talent or stage presence.

The reason karaoke is so popular are the qualifications for participation: one must be able to read. That's it. Being able to actually sing means nothing, but extra points are given for extreme inebriation, total disregard for rhythm, and touches of sado-masochism.

Recently I had the misfortune to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, where marathon karaoke was being perpetrated. People of all shapes, sizes, colors, creeds and religions lined up for their turn at the mike. They were tall, they were small, they were fat, they were skinny, they were bald, they were hairy. They were as diverse a lot as one could ever hope to see in one place at one time. It was a veritable United Nations of discord.

Consider, if you will, the two middle-aged women with poodle perms, halter tops and stretch short-shorts singing a Shania Twain number while urging spectators to clap along. While the crowd did find something to do with their hands, they certainly weren't clapping. This act was followed by a skinny kid who thought he was Will C. Smith -- he wasn't -- and a couple of teens who did the impossible with a Spice Girls song: they actually made the Spice Girls seem good by comparison.

I don't know why karaoke inspires some people to depart from the sanctity of their shower stall and hit the big time. Believe me, anyone who thinks they sound like Whitney Houston while wet comes across like Daffy Duck as soon as they grab that karaoke mike. It's an immutable fact.

But if possessing actual talent isn't a karaoke practitioner's strong suit, most make up for what they lack in talent with sheer guts. It doesn't take much fortitude to get up on a stage in front of a crowd of hot, sun-burned, extremely irritable people if you truly sound like Smokey Robinson or Mariah Carey. But when you stink -- or to paraphrase the Spice Girls, when you "really, really" stink -- that's an entirely different ballgame.

And that's what karaoke has done for us. It's given the guy who wouldn't normally hum while he mows the yard leave to jump up and make a complete idiot out of himself in front of a crowd because everyone's doing it. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE? DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT YOUR MOTHER USED TO SAY?

"If everyone jumped off a bridge does that mean you would, too?" Oh, how soon we forget!

So, if someone you love has a weak moment and picks up a karaoke mike, do the right thing. Save him and the rest of us from the torture that's sure to follow. Talk to him, plead with him, bribe him if need be. And if that doesn't work, tell him his mom called and said it was OK after all for him to go ahead and jump off that bridge.

Trust me. It's the right thing to do

true story

Philippine man killed in fight over bad singing

Manila (Reuters) - One man was killed and another wounded when a brawl broke out in a Philippine karaoke bar over the quality of singing, a local newspaper reported on Monday. A 54-year-old labourer died of a stab wound in a bar in northern Manila early on Sunday after a fight which began when a group of drinkers said the man with the microphone was singing out of tune, according to the Philippine Star. The singer confronted the group and a fight ensued, according to the report. The dead man had been trying to put an end to the fight when he was stabbed in the chest, it added. A 24-year-old garment worker is being treated in hospital for stab wounds, the report said. Recent newspaper reports have said Philippine karaoke parlours have been removing the Frank Sinatra classic ?My Way? from playlists because fights frequently broke out when the song was being sung. Monday's report did not indicate which song was playing when the fight began.

:ohmy: well, if you can get killed for singing out of tune, I withdraw my challenge and will let someone else battle Diamond in the great Karamoke sing-off.

ok fine.
i guess there r safer things to do in life.
like proudly parading around naked in life like kathy bates..:down:

thank u

Db3

I have only sung karaoke once in my life. I thought I would be clever and sing a "soft" song, so I wouldn't have to belt anything out that might result in loud out of tuneness.

So I sang You Were Meant for Me. Problem: Background music is so soft, you could hear me as clearly as if there were no music at all. Plus, I had made such a fuss about how nervous I was, everyone stared at me expectantly. AND the karaoke words were all wrong! "break the yoke and make a smelly face" (!)

I am told I was in tune, but what I heard sounded like Kermit the Frog.

Never again. People who sing karaoke either a) don't care what anyone thinks, they do it for themselves b) exceedingly brave, or c) masochists!

Back
Top Bottom