i confess i have no idea on what to buy my brother for his wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yay! wow! i helped! :hyper:

what a positive day! this is the first day in two weeks where i have felt good! i read a poem, and wrote a poem, and BC said she loved it, and i got a letter, and i helped miss velvet...:happy: time to change my sig.

i'm glad you liked my suggestion.

:hug: trees :hug:

weddings! shopping! a wedding! shopping! ..shopping for a wedding!!!

I don't think I could give any specific suggestions.
Just let your heart choose. I like the idea of an object, something that endures.You sound on the right track, art , an antique...having un unlimited budget would be nice eh?
Narrow down the possiblities, go to the shop you love and you''ll find it. They will love whatever you choose. I have a set of glasses my sister gave me as a wedding gift and a Chinese patterned plate from a friend. They are 21+years old now and very dear to me.

I just wanted to say...a wedding!:heart: :heart:beautiful
best wishes to your family

The redwood tree idea IS a good one. :yes: The National Arbor Day Foundation might be a good place to look for contacts on how to adopt trees http://www.arborday.org/

Also I was gonna guest maybe a sculpture of an angel. Nothing gawdy. Just something you'd see at either Illuminations or even my store (Bombay Company). I got my cousin some Angel Candleholders and his new wife LOVED them lol. Oh yea, we also sell those Memory Boxes with the brass plaque at my store too :wink:

great minds think alike:) I was going to tell the angel story earlier, but I was trying(trying) to keep it short.....

My eldest sister was married when I was 9. My next eldest sister , who was her bridesmaid, gave here an angel lamp. I remember thinking it was THE most beautiful thing I had seen.
There is more to the story.....like her bringing it home from Brisbane on her motorbike, she was intrepid back then.....ahh

weddings
and angels.
good thinking 99

Maybe also get something small just for your brother, something personal, of which, only he would understand the significance.

And music!...the Best of U2, or do they already have that?

Well there are a couple of styles. But the one that was described earlier would be this one...

D1834589.JPG

Hey Iris, since they like U2, why don't you fly down Elevation to play at the wedding.? I'll even slow dance a song with ya when Im not playing...lol

Actually the gift box is a really cool idea. I know my brothers are big toy guys so for one wedding we got them a surround sound system and my other brother we got him a DVD player etc.

You might not wanna get them something to put up on the walls of their house cause what if they didnt really like it? they wouldnt hang it and you would feel bad.

Gotta be careful.

Kevin

ElvtnEdge said:
Hey Iris, since they like U2, why don't you fly down Elevation to play at the wedding.? I'll even slow dance a song with ya when Im not playing...lol

Actually the gift box is a really cool idea. I know my brothers are big toy guys so for one wedding we got them a surround sound system and my other brother we got him a DVD player etc.

You might not wanna get them something to put up on the walls of their house cause what if they didnt really like it? they wouldnt hang it and you would feel bad.

Gotta be careful.

Kevin

thanks kevin. well since they are getting married in her home town of Bangor Maine it should be a short drive for you boys. and from what i see it is not that far from Canada. and you must come now since you said you would dance with me! :cute: gee how did i get so lucky :lol:

anyway if i had $$$ i would buy them a kick ass system but that too fades with time. i am sticking with the memory book, the tree adoption and buying something small and nice just for my brother.

Back
Top Bottom