I confess: I don't like anyone else but U2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
No one can sum up to U2 in my mind. When I see men that so many people think are just FANTASTIC looking, I think,"Ew! He looks so ... plain!" or boring or stupid or whatever applies to that certain guy. Bono, specifically, can't be equaled. No one in U2 can. Am I too obsessed? (and yes, this a serious question
wink.gif
)

------------------
Official Bono Ego Defender

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
No one can sum up to U2 in my mind. When I see men that so many people think are just FANTASTIC looking, I think,"Ew! He looks so ... plain!" or boring or stupid or whatever applies to that certain guy. Bono, specifically, can't be equaled. No one in U2 can. Am I too obsessed? (and yes, this a serious question
wink.gif
)

Bono is the king of charisma. And yes, you are too obsessed, but who here would blame you?

------------------
"Once again
I'm in trouble with my old friend
She is papering the windowpanes
She is putting on a smile
Living in a glasshouse..."

I am the same way. I always buy other cd's, and I listen to them a few times, but then I will hear U2 on the radio, and I take out my new cd, and start alternating between my U2 cd's again. Or I will see a cute actor in a movie and I will go out and rent a couple of his video's, then I will see a U2 video and it is all about Bono again. I think that my family and friends are starting to worry about me
smile.gif
!! I feel like a 12 year old girl with a crush!!

Believe me I understand EXACTLY how you feel, after all, I married an Edge lookalike!

Despite the fact that no one will ever measure up to our visions of U2 perfection, and difficult though it may be sometimes, it's important to try to keep one foot in reality for the sake of your own happiness.

An example, I know a woman (who no longer speaks to me, but that's another story), who worships a man in the same way we worship U2. She will hear NO WRONG about him, and she REFUSES to even CONSIDER the possibility of going out with anyone else, even though this man is not only gay, but about 10 years younger and lives across the ocean!!! She is turing into the classic spinster with 2 cats, and is doomed to a life of pining away from him and doesn't even try to change this.

Anyway, try to think that Bono would eventually drive you totally nuts as a husband and the euphorea would wear off quickly. (Well, I tried anyway!
biggrin.gif
)

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Believe me I understand EXACTLY how you feel, after all, I married an Edge lookalike!

Despite the fact that no one will ever measure up to our visions of U2 perfection, and difficult though it may be sometimes, it's important to try to keep one foot in reality for the sake of your own happiness.

An example, I know a woman (who no longer speaks to me, but that's another story), who worships a man in the same way we worship U2. She will hear NO WRONG about him, and she REFUSES to even CONSIDER the possibility of going out with anyone else, even though this man is not only gay, but about 10 years younger and lives across the ocean!!! She is turing into the classic spinster with 2 cats, and is doomed to a life of pining away from him and doesn't even try to change this.

Anyway, try to think that Bono would eventually drive you totally nuts as a husband and the euphorea would wear off quickly. (Well, I tried anyway!
biggrin.gif
)
*is driving around trying to find Mrs. Edge's house.....STILL*
biggrin.gif

I can barely stand to listen to the radio anymore because just about everything seriously pales in comparison to U2. So I sit there and listen to bootlegs all day. It's gotten quite sad!

And I have this ever-growing attraction to men in their 40s instead of other teenagers. *AMERICAN BEAUTY all over again* O geez....

Elevated Mole -- thou art not alone!

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

PLEBA: Saving heterosexuality, one woman at a time.

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me" ~Smooth Criminal

You give your life for rock n' roll

I havent listened to anything but U2 since Oct of 2000.Maybe I can pawn all my other CDs for a trip to Europe?Nah my wife has threatened to divorce me If I spend any money on U2 shows in 2002.Oh well there's always next year!

Well Mona, Mr. Edge is only 34, so you're making progress there!!
wink.gif

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*is driving around trying to find Mrs. Edge's house.....STILL*
biggrin.gif

And I have this ever-growing attraction to men in their 40s instead of other teenagers. *AMERICAN BEAUTY all over again* O geez....

Elevated Mole -- thou art not alone!

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Well Mona, Mr. Edge is only 34, so you're making progress there!!
wink.gif

Ooo!!! *tally*
wink.gif
lol

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

PLEBA: Saving heterosexuality, one woman at a time.

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me" ~Smooth Criminal

You give your life for rock n' roll

Back
Top Bottom