I Confess Here's What I've Done!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've worked:

1996-2002: Grocery Store - I hated it...especially the night shift when I had drunk people come in and once I had a bottle of wine swung at my head (thank gawd that I ducked!)

2002-now: Job at the Carpenter's Union...first I was just a lowly secretary at the main council office now i'm just an underpaid Office Manager at the Carpenter's Apprenticeship School...bleh

Community Pool Lifeguard (4 summers)
Bakery Key Holder (1 summer)
Nanny (1 summer)
Assistant Manager for Anne Klein (1 1/2 years)
Assistant Kindergarten Teacher (current)
Secondary School Enrichment Teacher (current)
Student (17 years and counting)

Wow, I am just catching up on all this stuff now...

My first job was as a concession person at Cineplex Odeon...in the days before they had cash registers and you had to do all the math in your head! :crazy: I loathed that job and quit (but not before eating a LOT of popcorn!).

I then became a receptionist/office assistant at Rogers Cable, and my boss was such a bastard he had me in tears on a regular basis.

I plotted my escape and went to work at a Vet's as an assistant. The vet specialized in birds and I spent my life making fruit salad for the birds. I soon discovered I was severly allergic to them, and quit after 2 days.

Then I worked as the receptionist at The National Ballet of Canada. From there I worked my way up the ladder for 6 years, doing different fundraising jobs. I have been fundraising ever since, at an opera company, hospital, Humane Society and now the Ballet School.

It really is a great job, but I am a terrible ingrate. I really HATE working and would do ANYTHING to get out of it!!!!!

Well I've had very few jobs in my short time. They include:

- McDonalds (for like 1 week)
- Hardware store (3-ish years)
- Auto Mechanic (2 different shops)
- Gas station night cashier
- Parts driver for car dealership
- Parts driver for auto shop
- Retail sales (part time during holidays)
- Record store
- Electrician (4 years)
- Sporting goods store manager
- Drafter (both pencil and CAD)
- Network Administrator
- Home Depot (part time)
- Help Desk support
- Web Developer (current)

I think that's all, but I'll add any that I remember later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom