I can't wear hipster pants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~*Buffalo*~

War Child
Oh, my friends and family pay me out so much because I wear my pants high. Not up to my armpits or anything, but at least above my hips. Come on, that's how it's comfortable! And in winter (as it is now) I like to keep all of me warm. But, no, it would be the one style that makes you look fat, and therefore unfashionable ... *sigh*

Honestly, I get sick of seeing people's plumber's cleavage, that's just disgusting! And I don't want anyone seeing any more of me than they should. So, I buy pants and skirts that cover everything. They just make me look so daggy among everyone wearing low, low, low pants.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I the only one? It is kind of depressing ... if it were up to me, I'd go to uni in my comfy, comfy pyjamas ... because they're comfy! But, lamently, it's not up to me. And I am dictated by dress codes and all ... but I still insist on wearing my high pants :|

I compromise. I find high waist pants really uncomfortable, but no matter what shape you are, there is nothing worse than seeing a plumbers crack on anyone. The ironic thing is people marching around thinking they look shit hot, when it actual fact they look disgusting.
Hipsters and low riders are fine, but dont show your plumbers crack or your spare tyre. Keep 'em tucked in!

My trousers all sit really low now - not out of choice but when I bought them they fitted and now they are too big and fall down :laugh: They look stupid tho they are all baggy

I need new trousers! :|

I hate high-waisted pants. But I don't like my ass to be hanging out either.

I wear my pants on my hips bc that is were its comfortable. I dont wear hip hugger styled pants, I just were normal pants but they manage to end up on my hips :laugh:

I am so wishing I could magically lose 10 pounds in a week ( wanna look good when I go to see Bourbon Street)...I've been feeling fat and foolish. But I had on my hipsters yesterday, the ones with the buttons up the front( I:heart: them) and hub told me I looked good in what I was wearing....but I suspect it may have been the pink singlet...pink is my colour I think. Anyway, I feel better now....somewhat.
:hug: Buffalo, wear whatever you feel best in. Fashion trends are a load of shite imho. I buy my clothes at "St Paul's Boutique" so I'm always miles behind the times. I've been basically been wearing the same thing since 1970...every now and then I'm "in fashion". Truly it's about what feels right to you...I fully agree about the asscrack thing...UGH!! I have this theory about "high fashion" being designed by men who hated their mothers. I feel sorry for their "victims".
Maybe don't wear you Pj's to Uni...how about a nice pair of track pants...they don't have to look too casual.
Hold your head ...and your trousers, high and don't worry about the crowd. We march to the best drummer in the world remember..LARRY MULLEM JR.:)

oh dear...me and my typos.
that is perhaps my worst one yet
:reject:
M.U.L.L.E.N
:heart: larry:heart:

I don't like hip huggers at all, they would look really bad on me plus i don't usually like the way they look in general. I wouldn't call the pants i wear high waisted, they sit about an inch below my belly button.

cass said:

Maybe don't wear you Pj's to Uni...how about a nice pair of track pants...they don't have to look too casual.
Hold your head ...and your trousers, high and don't worry about the crowd. We march to the best drummer in the world remember..LARRY MULLEM JR.:)

Well I don't have my pants that high ... and besides, does anyone care where Mr. MULLEM wears his pants? Well maybe they do ... but that's besides the point! :sexywink:

Oh, that's not what I was going to say in reply to that ... I just laughed when I read that about marching to the best drummer in the world ... I never thought of THAT before, but I will remember it for reference! :yes:

Thanks everyone for your messages! I still feel daggy, but at least I'm comfy!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i wore my pj's to class many of times when i was in college.

:yes:

i have no shame

:laugh:

One time I went to school with my nightdress on under my uniform :laugh:

i buy pants in the men's section cos i'm tall enough to get annoyed with the way they size women's jeans.

people wear their pjs to class at the university i go to :shrug:

i've got more problems with my hat fitting at the moment....

:lmao: @ salome...again. **cass sits sal on the naughty boy's chair for time out** :lmao:
what's that wonderful quote from Mick Jagger at the beginnning of Jumping Jack Flash?..."you don't want my pants to fall down.......now do ya?":eyebrow:

I have to tell a pants story....hipster pants. I have already confessed in this thread to buying my clothes in the op-shop. Well I was there yesterday and my eye was caught by a pair of snake skin hipsters and hanging just near them was a pair of vinyly , but geez they looked like leather hipsters. perfect condition, nice cut, $3 each...bargain!!!
THE BANGER SISTERS!!!
They looked just like the ones Susan and Goldie wore in that movie. And there they were hanging together. We have the annual Jacaranda Festival here soon, everyone...well a lot of people, dress up in some outrageous costumes.:lmao:
A perfect theme for two Size 8 gals OR guys, the right hair do's and shoes, fake tattoos......PRESTO!! the Banger Sisters.:)
Well I thought it would be funny.

Ummmmmm re: the reference to Larry Mullen and drummers. I was thinking of that saying..." we march to the beat of a different drummer" meaning, don't worry, be happy, it takes all kinds to make a world.
High, low, tight, ......all beautiful creatures, great and small:)

I'm with ya Buffalo!
I'm sick of seeing girls wear their pants so low in front that it looks like they have to shave the top of their *hoohas* and so low in back that you see thong if they even think about bending over! And those girls, like me, who aren't a size 4 just look, well, not so good in them...I hate pants shopping. It sucks worse than putting up new shower curtain liners and cleaning out the kitty litter.

Death to bad clothing designers who insist on turning a blind eye to the majority of the women in the world who are 5 foot 4 and weigh 140 pounds!

bah!

I have hipster jeans. :reject:

I had serious issues with them. I insisted (and still do, really) on wearing the classic cut that was relatively high waisted.
And then I tried on some hipster flares and was amazed at how good I looked. But my sister and I did alot of tests to make sure no plumber's crack would happen!! I still live in fear of it--I wear low underwear and it still has a tendency to show, which makes my male friends giggle like their 10 years old. I'd rather my underwear show though. I think it must be the shape of my butt or something rather than the clothes--no matter how high or low they are, they still show!

Mine aren't very low...I am really sick of seeing girls sit down in front of me in a lecture hall and everything is exposed! There are also too many girls wearing them that shouldn't. I know it's hard to find trendy clothes when you are not stick thin--I have been in that boat, still am. (Short shorts, mini skirts...can't do.) But you don't need jeans hanging down to there, paired with a crop top, exposing your spare tire to the world.

I'm sounding bitchy and I don't mean too. My sister wears them, she's curvier and she looks fine. With hipster jeans, it's about finding the right fit--some *make* stomach rolls where there aren't any. And others, like the pairs I have, make your thighs and butt look thin and toned. :up: :heart:

I still hate pants shopping. :down:

most people look bad in hipster pants... I have to be honest, you really have to have a boyish body or be very thin.

I would say that fashion is really what you look best in, no matter what anyone else is wearing

My hipster pants that were too big last year, always giving me the accidental peek-a-boo-here's-my-thong look that doesn't suit a woman of my age, er I mean, class, suddenly fit great today. :grumpy:

Well, guess what ...

I went shopping the other day and I found a bargain - a pair of cargo pants for $10. And they sit right on my hips :eeklaugh: So I wore them with a singlet top and I had a MIDRIFF for like the first time ever. Of course I got scared about showing too much and put on another shirt on top ... but the pants were really comfortable. Aside from the fact that they are (like all my pants) far too long - I'm just 1.57 metres - but cargoes are good because they roll up easily. Come to think of it, cargoes are a much better style to wear low because the bagginess can still hide what shouldn't be seen :p So I am happy in those. It's jeans that I don't like!

Back
Top Bottom