I can't stop worrying....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SweetOnU2

the invisible woman
I dunno, but since there has been way too many missing children as of late, I've been worrying way too much about my little nieces and nephew. :( My little nieces are both going to be 2 soon and my nephew is 8.

I keep having dreams that they are kidnapped.. and it scares the sh*t outta me. :( And I start to think what on earth I would ever do if they were kidnapped. I can't help but get scared of these dreams and I worry constantly.

When I baby-sit my nephew and one of my nieces.... I get so paranoid. I won't even let my 8 year old nephew play outside the front yard by himself... nor I let him play in the backyard by himself anymore. I'm scared someone is going to jump the fence and take him. I freak out of the thought. I never put the house alarm on when we are home, but now when they are in the house I do. I'm kinda scared when we go out to places.. like the mall, I freak out. Now, I have to have my nephew next to me at all times and I get paranoid when strangers tell my little niece how cute she is and start playing with her! ACK!

Am I way too paranoid? Because sometimes I feel like I am. :(

You may be too paranoid, but you can never be too concerned about their safety. I dont know what you could honestly do to ease your panic except know that you do everything you can to make sure they are safe.
You dont want your worry to consume you though. Finding a balance is so hard. You dont want to find you dont enjoy your time with them as a result of these abductions from worrying too much. It is sad you look at everyone suspiciously and wonder if they are a potential risk to them.
Talk to your family about your fears. Let them know just how worried you are. Try to stay in groups, dont put yourself in too many situations where your panic can overcome you. It would be a shame the kids miss out on things as a result of it all. Going to your mall should never be a huge drama. Make sure you tell the family though about how worried you are.
You can only do your best. Your best should be enough if you know they are watched, and not left in a situation that could cause them harm. Statistically you probably dont have anything to worry about, but if only it was that easy.
Try and remember they aren't in danger in most situations. Your amount of worry over it is seperate. I hope it doesn't end up controlling you. Talk to your family and share it with them. You have to remember to have fun with the kids. There are risks everywhere, its not just weirdo freaks who prey on kids. They are more likely to be involved in a car crash than be kidnapped. Try and remember perspective. I know its hard. You cant just get over or deal with your worries, but share them and dont lose sight of the bigger picture.

*Hugs*

Monica, that's one of the reasons I'm scared to have children. I've always been such a worrier...I don't think I'd ever be able to stop worrying about my children...even when sitting with them in our own house!! John's brother and his wife just had a baby girl recently (so she'll be my niece someday), and I know I'll worry about her. It's hard not too...especially with all the stories in the news we've been hearing lately. :(

Angela Harlem said:

You dont want your worry to consume you though. Finding a balance is so hard.

I know, but I worry too much about anything! But I try to find a balance.

You dont want to find you dont enjoy your time with them as a result of these abductions from worrying too much. It is sad you look at everyone suspiciously and wonder if they are a potential risk to them.
I know, I think like that when I see all these strangers in public. But I enjoy being with them and a I have fun them. I go outside with them and play games with them, I just don't want to leave them alone by themselves outside. And I take them to the park and we play.. we do a lot of fun stuff together. I do enjoy and have fun when they are around.

Talk to your family about your fears. Let them know just how worried you are.

I have talked to them to an extent about it but not really showing my fears.

It would be a shame the kids miss out on things as a result of it all.

I know, but we do so much stuff together. They do go outside and play and get all dirty, and play in the pool, and stuff. I just get scared if they are outside by themselves. We go to park and play, we go to the front yard and play basketball, it's just that now, I don't leave them by themselves. And right now since it's so hot, they don't really want to go outside. So we do a lot stuff inside, we play games, do arts and crafts, watch movies. They do have fun, I just worry.

I know its hard. You cant just get over or deal with your worries, but share them and dont lose sight of the bigger picture.

*Hugs*

I know. :slant: It makes it hard, cause I keep having such messed up dreams. :(

Thanks Angela, I know I have to talk to family. I will especially tell my sister.

Bonochick said:
Monica, that's one of the reasons I'm scared to have children. I've always been such a worrier...I don't think I'd ever be able to stop worrying about my children...even when sitting with them in our own house!! John's brother and his wife just had a baby girl recently (so she'll be my niece someday), and I know I'll worry about her. It's hard not too...especially with all the stories in the news we've been hearing lately. :(

I know bonochick, I'm the same way! I'm such a worrier. Yes, all these stories lately make it so hard not to worry about them. :( It's so sad to hear how many children get abducted every day in the US. :tsk:

I know, having children scare me too! :huh:

Well, I can't really offer you any advice because I'm the same way so I guess all I can say is I know how you feel. My kids are 15 and 17 and I worry about them constantly. When they were little, I was so bad, I wouldn't even let them walk down the sidewalk on our own street without holding their hands. When I walked my older son to kindergarden, I would hold his hand all the way to his classroom until he finally told me I was embarrasing him! Neither one of them ever wanted to go on rides with me at Disneyland because I would practicall lay on them to make sure they didn't fall out :lol:

For me, it goes back further than my own kids. I have a sister 2 years younger than me and when she started school, I would actually worry about her all day, thinking that without me near her to protect her, she would get hurt or kidnapped. She went on a field trip to the beach once in 2nd or 3rd grade and I cried all day, terrified that she was going to drown.

I don't know what caused me to worry about my loved ones so excessively but I'm getting better. I still think something is going to happen to my husband or kids when they go somewhere without me but I don't let it get to me for the whole day like I used to. I just love my family so much, I can't imagine even one day without any of them if something bad were to happen :|

Back
Top Bottom