I can't stop twirling my hair!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen-Girl

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
That is my biggest thing. I have been twirling my hair since I can remember and I know it's a bad habit but I can't stop :( I do it constantly here at work, at home, when we're out. My fiance has tried the slapping the hand thing like a million times but it just won't work. *sigh* I guess i'm just stuck twirling my hair until it falls out lol

I only twirl my hair while flirting. Or while drunk.

Or while flirting dunkenly. :uhoh:

Why am I admitting this?

I also twirl it when I'm nervous. My hair is long, so it's always in the way. It's its own fault, I tell you. It wants to be twirled. I am not responsible...

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I also twirl it when I'm nervous. My hair is long, so it's always in the way. It's its own fault, I tell you. It wants to be twirled. I am not responsible...

I blame my hair for my hair-twirling habit too. It's evidently just too long and in my face all the time. It wants to be twirled. :p

I want to get it cut but everyone keeps telling me I'll look horrible with short hair. :(

Well my hair is like super short but that doesn't matter LOL i'll still twirl even tho it makes my arm ache LOL...although I am letting it grow out for my wedding so the temptation is bigger now

Hair twirling can be an innocent habit or a compulsive problem. I saw a woman on a bus once who flossed her teeth with her hair after pulling it out, poor thing. If you're really worried, talk to your doctor, there are drugs that help OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) problems. I think you're OK, though. :yes:

no joke, was out with a bunch of friends tonight, and one guy asked me, "Why do girls always twirl their hair?"

I couldn't say: "I've been drinking and I'm flirting" so I just said it was a habit of mine. Which it is. But I had been drinking and was flirting....:|

Back
Top Bottom