I cant stop fighting with my coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
Everything about the way he approaches people is wrong, his favourites are so clear and I don't give a fuck at this point but it hurts to see him writing off a bunch of kids because they're not cool enough for him (yes he's into the whole teenage clique thing for some reason and has his favourite 'group') or don't achieve enough for him no matter how hard they work. And he comes in there everyday with a closed mind, he won't accept that other people have a point too and he doesn't realize that the problems with cliquiness and bad attitudes about training start with him and his negativism on top.

But what am I doing, this is a confession, it's come to the point where I am a complete bitch and I can perfectly understand why he hates me and he has every right to do so. I've tried to be nice about it and he will not listen, he won't change, and he will always adore his special kids and spread his bad attitude around. I don't know what to do, I'm just doing my best to accept it and move on because I guess it's really not worth it. So yeah, I'm a bad swimmer.

------------------
tomorrow's just an excuse away
so I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own...

sorry to hear that BG
frown.gif

you're not a bad swimmer.

i can't tell you you're a good swimmer cause, well i don't know anything about swimming. but it certainly sounds as though you have accomplished quite a bit, i guess i would say you are a great swimmer.

sounds as if you have a bad coach.

coaches, especially those who deal with youth, have to be open to reasonable and acceptable ideas even from their players. they can't let the players steer the ship but they have to listen.
they also shouldn't be playing favorites. coaches, on team sports especially, usually have those whom they depend upon in more important situations but they shouldn't be reinforcing divisions within their own team.

sounds like bad coaching to me.

If you can find a coach outside of school that would be the best thing. Some people you just can't talk or reason with.

Either that or take track instead.
biggrin.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

oh I really wasn't asking for sympathy at all but thanks anyway Koba. I know it's bad coaching but the point is I practically hate him for it which is what I was confessing. and I didn't really mean bad swimmer that way (although I am) I just meant bad like disobedient rebel girl who is unreasonably evil to her coach.

Ghetofabu, unfortunately I am outside of school but thanks
biggrin.gif

and I tried to quit and I'd love to take up hockey anytime possible but so far I've been unsuccessful!! by the way, I think I missed something here, are you a multiple identity of someone ??

anyway, just for the record, thanks guys and everyone here is so wonderful about making people feel better but I don't want sympathy I just wanna vent. you guys are just too darn nice, be mean sometime ok?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
be mean sometime ok?
biggrin.gif

that coach f*cking sucks!

tell him 'sorry but we can't trade all the players'
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-02-2002).]

by the way, I think I missed something here, are you a multiple identity of someone ??

What do you mean? As far as I know I am the only person with this identity, and this is the only identity I use. I also use this identity when I am in the chat. So if you know anyone else with MY name let me know and I will throw down, cuz am the original gheto fabulous girl. LOL!
icon39.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-02-2002).]

eek.gif

That is really really strange because your coach sounds exactly like the coach of my friend, who is also a swimmer.(I think I've mentioned her in a reply long long time ago...
tongue.gif
)

These coaches suck!!!!!!
icon28.gif

I have a coaching story. I used to train for tennis in what you Americans call grade school, I think. My coach (the 2nd best player in the country, by the way!) would get frustrated with how I served my ball. I couldn't hit it, could get it past the net, or into the right box. Funny thing was, whenever he went to the canteen for a break, I would serve perfectly!!!!!!! It's just one of those things of life.

[glassy-eyed]I could've been a contender...[/glassy-eyed]

forball.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
hmmm. must be something in the water.

You are so cute sometimes Kobi. You remind me of me.
icon39.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-03-2002).]

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
I am cute all the time. You are just cute some of the time.
biggrin.gif
BUT your name is cute all the time. If something unfortunate happens to you can you will it to me.
icon16.gif

at the risk of having one of my uncute moments i am going to suggest that you, in spite of your unending cuteness, is not being cute at the present time in suggesting that you occupy my cute name upon my most definetely un-cute passing
frown.gif

*kobe checks over his cute/un-cute shoulder for cute ghetofabu
wink.gif

at the risk of having one of my uncute moments i am going to suggest that you, in spite of your unending cuteness, is not being cute at the present time in suggesting that you occupy my cute name upon my most definetely un-cute passing
frown.gif

*kobe checks over his cute/un-cute shoulder for cute ghetofabu
wink.gif

At the risk of entering uncute status (which for me would be a first) I am going to have to admit that you may be more cute then I had originally determined. I think your name is fitting to you and I have decide in my cuteness that you can keep it......for now.
icon32.gif

*ghetofabu winks
icon39.gif
at kobi peeking over his more than sometimes cute shoulder.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
At the risk of entering uncute status (which for me would be a first) I am going to have to admit that you may be more cute then I had originally determined. I think your name is fitting to you and I have decide in my cuteness that you can keep it......for now.
icon32.gif

*ghetofabu winks
icon39.gif
at kobi peeking over his more than sometimes cute shoulder.
biggrin.gif

oooh. koba likes the sound of that
smile.gif

*winks back at cute ghetofabu.

what?! Koba is Ghetofabu???? lol
sorry Gheto, I meant did you have another handle before, I haven't seen anyone with yours
biggrin.gif

fors I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Musta been some insane jinx or something. bad tennis gods, right? it's kinda like me with soccer, such a shame, such a waste of talent
rolleyes.gif
if only those damn balls would stop moving so I could actually kick 'em!

and Christi, I remember you telling me about her! I think it's prolly because it's so hard to be a good, fair coach all the time, I'm sure I'd never be able to do it.

------------------
tomorrow's just an excuse away
so I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own...

what?! Koba is Ghetofabu???? lol
sorry Gheto, I meant did you have another handle before, I haven't seen anyone with yours
biggrin.gif

I was in here like around october but got off line for a long while and then recently came back but was not on the forum then, just chat. I was gheto then but I think at the time I may have spelled it with two t's. I have always been ghetto though.
icon42.gif

------------------

sometimes? but what are we the rest of the time?
wink.gif

I am cute all the time. You are just cute some of the time.
biggrin.gif
BUT your name is cute all the time. If something unfortunate happens to you can you will it to me.
icon16.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom