I can't stand my so called.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did that (kind of the same way) and it's taken me 8 years to get my life back together. Overall it was pretty stupid of me.

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Clarity, would you like to tell us more about it? It just might sway a person or two to do the smart thing... If you can tell us.

I'm 19, and I hate living at home. It's not that I don't love my parents, but I really want to be out on my own, making it for myself. However, I'm still in school...I don't have a whole ton of money saved up...plus, my car is getting old, meaning that any money I do have will probably have to go towards a car soon. Ever since I got engaged, the desire to move out has been even stronger. However, my fiance lives several states away, and I know we both need to finish school before we can settle and get a place together.

You just have to have patience. If you move out before you are ready to, you may face A LOT bigger problems than sharing a bathroom with Mom and dealing with Dad's stupid jokes.
smile.gif

And to not tell them????? Just think about that for a second...something like that can rip a family apart!
frown.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 11-24-2001).]

Well my family life was pretty much as crappy as I thought life could possibly get. So I moved out the first chance I had and thought I knew what I was doing and that I could afford to live by myself (I had a roommate but that still didn't help my finances at all). I lived with my friend for a while then moved in with a bf at the time (this part gets repetitive..I wasn't too bright). Got mad at bf, moved out to live with ex roommate who now lived with her parents again. Moved out of their house to rent a room (since that was all I could afford and I still really couldn't afford it). Met someone on the net (even worse than before...I was a real brainiac this time
rolleyes.gif
). Moved to Las Vegas. Vegas was cool til the new bf turned out to be a creep. Left him and lived on my own for a while in Vegas. Had so little money at this point that I couldn't even afford to eat. Had my grandparents (they raised me so just insert "parents" here for your case) bail my ass out and got enough money to move to Indy (close enough to home for me, I'm from Michigan originally). I've been doing better and making better choices...living with my new bf of a year and a half (so far so good and he's not turning out to be a loser jerk like the ones before). Just started going back to college this year. This whole fiasco started when I was 18. I'm 25 now. I wouldn't recommend it. I wish that I would have put up with the shit at home long enough to at least get a degree in something so I could have gotten a real job and a real life about 4 years earlier that I did. Live and learn...but like I said...I wouldn't reccommend doing it the way I did...or any other way for that matter. Stay home, put up with it, get an education, have a real life.

Hey look it's Nicole Bares Her Soul day...
eek.gif
. My life in a nutshell.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 11-24-2001).]

Hmmmm... well, I guess that'll "really show THEM!!" Right???

Believe me UV2... You can't simply "run away" from your problems. You MUST resolve them. Either, with them (your family), or if that is not possible, then resolve them within yourself.

Forgive... or it will eat you up. Let go and forget about revenge and trying to hurt them ( by not telling them where you have gone... or IF you have been kidnapped... or killed). Or you will certainly "carry" your family members with you, where ever you go, until you "release" them from your angry heart.

Then, move away. And try not to be all that is in your family members that hurts you.

Peace.

"In forgiving, you release a prisoner... And you realize that that prisoner was YOU."

Family are like tattoo's. They are the only people that will stick by you until the ned of your days. And like tats, sometimes you regret them. Take advantage of that, they will be there long after the idea of that 'other' life you want will be long gone. I guess what im saying is, you probably have an idea in your mind about what kind of life you want to be having right now. So you will move out and live it. But with that comes all the incertainty of living life on your own without the support a family gives, no matter how annoying they can be. They are a very important constant in any stage of your life. So you move out, things will change as life does, and you may struggle. Thats when you will find you have left your family behind and life will suddenly seem a lot scarier than you can maybe foresee right now. If things are bad, by all means do what you need to do, but choose carefully. Some mistakes can take a lot of emotional toughness and physical changes to overcome them. Everyone feels the urge to pack up and run away at some stage. Its normal when we feel out of control to just run. But by cutting all ties we can make the biggest mistakes of our lives.

I hope you get through this UV. At 16 life can be at its hardest. In some ways harder than later in life, because at that age you have the common sense and desire to do things with the courage you need, but not the material essentials to make it successful. I know this is a cliche, but before you know it you will have your own family and responsibilities, you will settle with a partner or be working a a job, have bills and all the other things that are the bane's and joys of being responsible. the time will come all too soon when you have no choice but to make your own way in life. That is inevitable. So with that in mind, plan the foundations for the rest of your life with care. Go with your insticnt, do what you feel is right, but do it without hesitation or qualms. Like Clarity was kind enough to show, life is not always easy. And hindsight is a beautiful thing.
wink.gif

Good luck UV.

its tough isnt it, tricky.
youve told me bout your situation face to face, i know how desperate you are to move away, an im desperate to have you in "lennonland", but i think you do need to leave in good terms with your parents, if you explain will they understand how much you want this?
if you spoke to them like you spoke to me they should see how you feel,
i know they wont except the rock n roll dream because nobodys parents except it untill they make it,
i know what your like , i know you will go even if they dont agree because , well your a get up and go, but i do agree with the others try to make them understand an stay in good terms.its your life and your choice in the end its all up to you, follow your heart where ever it leads

I'll tell them like I usually do when I have everything sorted like where I'm gina work and live etc. I will tell them but they probably will not listen as normal. They only new I quit college because college phoned and mum answered the phone. Dad doesn't even notice when I'm in the house and mum moved out just over a year ago and I don't see her much.The only one I feel slightly sorry for is my bro. He will start getting yelled at when he has done something wrong rather than me getting yelled at even though dad knows it was him or whenever I stick up for my bro. I can't wait to be able to feel alive again and tear down my emotional barriers
smile.gif
Cya in LennonLand

Back
Top Bottom