I can't fall asleep unless the TV's on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
..most of the time...and I never fall asleep unless I'm facing AWAY from the TV, so I hear it over my shoulder....Is this normal? Am I fucked up? (and it doesn't matter what's on, by the way...)

------------------
N A T E

When I grow up I'll be stable...

I can't fall asleep with the tv on. And yes, you're messed up, but that has nothing to do with the tv and your sleeping habits.

j/k
biggrin.gif

------------------
My scream got lost in a paper cup...

Thanks...I know there has to be others out there with this same affliction...

------------------
N A T E

I'm the same way....so if you're messed up then I am too. In fact, one time I fell asleep & had an arm jimmy that sent my remote flying across the room. It woke me up when it crashed into the wall.

You are fucked up.
I have to go to sleep with the tv on and it has to be an interesting show that I can get into or I will be annoyed and won't sleep. I usually wake up a couple of hours later and turn it off and go to bed, because it I stay on the couch my back will hurt.

Originally posted by njf77:
..most of the time...and I never fall asleep unless I'm facing AWAY from the TV, so I hear it over my shoulder....Is this normal? Am I fucked up? (and it doesn't matter what's on, by the way...)

No, you're not fucked up. I used to do the exact same thing until I went to college and had no TV. And whenever I go home, I still do it. I suppose it's possible that both of us are fucked up, but what are the odds of that?
wink.gif

------------------
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean...

Drugs are garbage...just REFUSE.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
I suppose it's possible that both of us are fucked up, but what are the odds of that?
wink.gif

pretty good, actually....lol

------------------
N A T E

I usually can't sleep unless I have some sort of background music.

And when I'm at home I'll leave the 24-hour news channels on while I sleep. I figure I'll wake up if anything important happens
wink.gif

So, to answer your question, yes you're normal :p

Originally posted by njf77:

I do the exact same thing.

-Lou

Back
Top Bottom