I can't believe I started again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
February 1st was a big milestone for me: it marked one year since my last cigarette. I still don't know how I lasted so long...it was hard, but I did it. I even told my friends that even though I still had bad cravings, I'd gone this far, so I would never start again.

For some stupid reason 3 weeks ago, I bummed one off my friend Tony. Then a week later, I had another one while out with some friends. I was okay for a little longer, then I smoked about a pack between Friday and Saturday...and I had 2 yesterday and 1 today.

I feel so guilty (but it feels so good!). OK, I've quit once for a year, so I can do it again, right?

Who wants to go outside and smoke?

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 05-06-2002).]

!!!!!!KRIS!!!!!

I hate to be a downer but I hope that you can kick it again... I'm sure it was a lot of hard work and I would hate to see you go back after that! I was a smoker too and it's not an easy task.

Maybe once the stress of the semester is over you'll have better luck!
biggrin.gif

------------------

What in God's name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun...
Rest in peace Layne.

All girls I fall for smoke.
And boy do they smoke.
You know what they say-
If they smoke,
they _oke.

read you.

DB9

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

My lemon sis....nononononononononononononononono, please stop it, girl! Well, at least cut down some (I have no right to blast you since I smoke when I drink, so I'll shut up about it), we want you to be healthy!!

PS-If either of us smoke this week, we should promise to keep quiet, lol
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bend me, break me
Anyway you need me
All I want is you

Lemon chicken, dont feel guilty! You 'failed' once out of over a year of being successful It doesnt make you a failure, you had a moment of weakness that gave you a taste for a few more thats all. Its apparently harder to quit than herion.

I cant give you any advice darl, cos I'm chain smoking right now trying to recover from peak hour traffic.
frown.gif

Don't worry, you are not alone....

I quit on Jan. 1st, 2000.... then after about 9 months I decided that smoking while drinking was fine, then after about a year of that, I started smoking in 'social situations', and now I am finding myself smoking all the time... I have still not smoked alone, but I find myself going out to places where I can smoke, just because I want to smoke, and I carry a pack with me ALL the time... it usually lasts me a week, but I am still not happy about it....

<------- Loveth smoking.....

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

wow, don't know what to tell yah. I can honestly say, I have never smoked once in my life. But you should be proud of yourself, I mean a whole year, that is great! Most people I know who smoke can quit for a day!

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I can't speak from personal experience (as i never smoked anything), but i think lasting a year is VERY admirable.

You may be weak now, but if you lasted that long, surely you can do it again.

Thanks everyone for the support--I know it's not that bad...not like running over small children or something (yeah kristina, good analogy!), but still I just feel really guilty. It's hard too because most of my friends smoke and also my parents. I'm going to give it serious effort again after this week (I'm really frazzled right now...exams suck!!).

But the first time I attempted to quit a few years ago I lasted 6 months before I fell off the wagon. This time was 14 months, so I guess I'm getting better.
wink.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

I am starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to quit.
When I was a teenager, I told myself I wouldn't smoke in my twenties.... then came my twenties and I said I wouldn't smoke past 25... 30 is nearing now and you guessed it, I have said I wouldn't smoke into my thirties... I just hope I have the strength and will power to quit.
I want to be healthy!!!

Back
Top Bottom