I can talk for hours...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
Yet in high school I spent most of my lunch periods eating and just not speaking. Why? Beacuse most of the people I sat with at lunch were socially inept morons who only talked about Halo 2 or tried to create disgusting mixtures of random food, or making fun of the popular kids. What the hell was I thinking when I started sitting with them? Hell if I know. I already graduated high school, but it feels good to get this off my chest.

Techie2000 said:
Yet in high school I spent most of my lunch periods eating and just not speaking. Why? Beacuse most of the people I sat with at lunch were socially inept morons who...tried to create disgusting mixtures of random food...

Did they then dare each other to eat the mixtures and place bets on whether or not it would be done? :wink:

I love to talk, and I enjoy a fabulous conversation...but I also enjoy mindless fun with my friends. :up: In fact, lunchroom antics in high school rank among some of our best memories...and a few of us were honor students. :lol:

u2bonogirl said:
I can talk for hours in my journal or on paper but when I have somebody looking at me I freeze up

:yes: Same here.
I can talk (type, write whatever) On here fine.....but I'm not as good with what I want to say (maybe thats here too) when I'm actually talking to somone.
I need a delete button myself.

:yes: I know what you mean

Highschool was such a weird time for me, and I never found anyone I was comfortable with talking on deep levels.

I've gotten a lot more social skills now, which helps to. Sometimes you don't realize it, though, like the author mentioned, and you are not "inept", but others around you kind of bring you down :huh:

I know what you mean

In some situations, like in school, it just was totally out of my comfort zone, and I couldn't say anything. Part of it is personal growth, but also, setting yourself up in a good environment.

There is a certain difficulty in breaking the barrier, and I guess the best thing to do is say something as soon as you get the urge, because if you wait it gets harder. But that is easier said than done sometimes.

----

I can't believe how much garbage I write sometimes, though. I don't get it. Maybe, for the rest of my day, I will try to write very concise, and less in depth posts....... hmmm........ just for a challenge, or change...

I find I am either silent

or

overflowing with a relentless string of comments, observations, statements, innuendoes, and/or criticizms....

hmmm......

Mr. BAW said:
I'll talk to anyone, anytime, I can keep the conversations going.....

BAW hates it when I see someone on the street and just :blahblah: :blahblah:

And she's like "dude, where is the friggin MILK I sent you for!!!"

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom