I burnt a hole in my uncle's car and have one week to disappear!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
:|
:ohmy:
:scream:
:sad:

The story: I am house-sitting for my aunt and uncle at the moment. They have let me use his vehicle to get to and from work, as they live too far to walk, and I work too early to catch the bus. I smoke. No one in my family knows I smoke. They haven't the slightest clue. This morning... feeling stressed from noises in the basement... I needed a cigarrette. I was late for work. So I decided to have a cigarrette in t he car, thinking they won't be home for a week, he won't smell it. Unfortunately a burning ash fell onto the windowledge without my knowledge. By the time I noticed, it was too late. There are now two burn marks and a third melted dent in the Vinyl. :scream:
Now what do I do????????

I am sooooo dead. I am tooooo old to be doing stupid things like this. Do I fix it? or come clean. DONT'T you DARE tell me to come clean. :mad:

I thought I could try to fix it... at least lessen the damage... and then tell him that I was talking to someone outside the window and they were smoking. An ash dropped and I didn't notice until after I drove away, but it was too late, the damage was done. This is plausible right??? RIGHT?!@?!

Can you even repair melted, burn marks in Vinyl? :|

Last edited:
i broke something inside my dad's car and it's held on with gum ;)

Angel said:

DONT'T you DARE tell me to come clean. :mad:

my mammy: honesty is the best policy

me: shh mom! this one is important.

there are vynil repair kits out there, they are little patches of vynil that are the same color and stuff. i don't know if it looks seamless or anything, i've never had to repair a vynil rip.

you should tell him about the whole "hey i was talking to someone outside and their ash fell into the car" story AND repair it. that way, if (erm...when) he sees it he won't be like "WTF!"

aaaaaaaand that's all i got for ya.

Blame it on somebody else!!!!!

Someone else was smoking!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I have never heard of this house sitting until I came here :ohmy:

it apparently is going to be cheaper to re-upholster the vinyl....

i got 6000 sq ft of goodness when i house sit

Lara Mullen said:

I have never heard of this house sitting until I came here :ohmy:

house sitting = best job EVER

seriously, you get a sweet pad all to yourself, no parents, "no friends," yeah AND you get paid. how do you go wrong with that?

oo, burning a hole in their vynil, right. :eek:

Okay, I know that at my age, I should give you a more mature, responsible answer but I say BLAME SOMEONE ELSE! :silent:

(my kids will NEVER know I said that) :lol:

AcrobatMan said:

whats Lara said..it would be better if you blame on someone else..i do it that way :yes: :yes: :yes:

:up:

house sitting = best job EVER

seriously, you get a sweet pad all to yourself, no parents, "no friends," yeah AND you get paid. how do you go wrong with that?

They really gotta start doing that here........I wanna do that.......

Okay, I know that at my age, I should give you a more mature, responsible answer but I say BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!

(my kids will NEVER know I said that)

I hope your kids don't lurk aroond here or else you'll be in trouble :tongue:

Angel I did exactly the same thing in my sisters car about a year ago when none of my family knew I smoked.
I did the usual 'talking to a friend' story and they fell for it. :lol: I said I felt bad and offered to pay for it to be mended, so the little lie wasnt all that bad.
Moral of the story- in this scenario blame someone else. :yes: you can get away with it.

omigod Jody are you for real?? You really did the same thing!! That is awesome!! and they believed you? I feel it doesn't sound plausible... but if it worked for you... I don't think my family would suspect I smoke, but who knows. I just feel so stupid and so guilty. It's killing me.

So trying to fix it then is not the option eh? :|

My friend's boyfriend burned a hole in the driver's seat of my car, and I beat him up.

*latest development

I am getting it fixed on Tuesday.... i may or may not come clean there after... we'll see how good it looks. If it looks as good as it's gonna get, but you can tell something happened, then I will explain all to my uncle. It at least buys me a few days... won't have to tell him the minute I get them at the airport. :huh: If it turns out really, really good, I may not say anything.... Is that horrible?

I feel like I am 16, not 27. :|

angel babe
just try not to look guilty!

or u could do the elaine trick....

tell him you were being chased by all these thugs through the city, and they nearly killed you and ran you off the road. make up this whole big crazy elaborate story, after which he will be so pleased that you are alive and the car wasnt destroyed, and then add on, "oh and by the way, there's a little hole in the vinyl"

He won't care and will be glad you're safe and ok!

angel

just cause you feel it, doesnt mean its real.

maybe this isnt happening?

Angel said:
I feel it doesn't sound plausible... but if it worked for you... I don't think my family would suspect I smoke, but who knows.

I think thats why I got away with it and why they believed such a lame story. They would never believe that I was a smoker. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom