I became a U2 adict!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_kite

War Child
Hey..is this bad? No..really? Cus...I really feel like I became a U2 adict!! I feel i breathe U2...they are like blood running in my vains!!! Like a warm flame burning inside me...you know the feeling??
And...having the chance to meet them personally...oh boy!! That just lighted the fire even more!!
Yesterday I was talking with a friend, telling her how I found some new nice pics in the internet...and that if only she liked U2...she just said: Well...I do like U2..but you...you are crazy girl!! You are fanatic!!! :(
Most people don't understand why do I like them so much!! But I can't help it!! They have such a humble and sweet waaay to live their lives...and they treat their fans in such a special way!! How can I be indiferent???
And...i love so much music...I play the guitar, and the drums!! How can they not affect me?? Being such wonderfull musicians???
I love to write music and poetry!! How can I be not aware of BONO's gift with words?? That's not talent...that's a blessed gift!!

Is this something to be worried about...or what??? ;)

my_kite said:
Hey..is this bad? No..really? Cus...I really feel like I became a U2 adict!! I feel i breathe U2...they are like blood running in my vains!!! Like a warm flame burning inside me...you know the feeling??
And...having the chance to meet them personally...oh boy!! That just lighted the fire even more!!
Yesterday I was talking with a friend, telling her how I found some new nice pics in the internet...and that if only she liked U2...she just said: Well...I do like U2..but you...you are crazy girl!! You are fanatic!!! :(
Most people don't understand why do I like them so much!! But I can't help it!! They have such a humble and sweet waaay to live their lives...and they treat their fans in such a special way!! How can I be indiferent???
And...i love so much music...I play the guitar, and the drums!! How can they not affect me?? Being such wonderfull musicians???
I love to write music and poetry!! How can I be not aware of BONO's gift with words?? That's not talent...that's a blessed gift!!

Is this something to be worried about...or what??? ;)

AWWWW WE ALL FEEL THE SAME, GO WITH THE FLOW HUN! LOL.
I think you can't love U2 too much to be a fanaic!

:yes: :up: Go 4 It kite!! Tho it might make certain people around you go..:scratch: :no: :D ;) My Peeps just say ..'grow out of it..'! But I say, '..but they keep growing too!!!" lol!:wink: And here i am..since 1981...:heart: Still lovin' that music, like you, and laughing at their antics/jokes, still loving them after all this time! Keep on Rockin'..with U2!:wink:

Yay...thanks!!
So...I am not the only one feeling this way!!! i knew it...I knew it!!
U2 fans are the greatest people on earth...you know that, don't ya??? :wink:

'Struth! I've been looking around at different boards lately, and nowhere else have I found respectful, intelligent people who care as much about the world we share.

My family has been waiting for me to "outgrow" my U2 craze for twenty years! Sorry, folks, it ain't gonna happen. As the others said, go with the flow...........

Hey...that's truth!!!
You know, when that U2 thing happened here in Lisbon, and i went looking for them, and i spent 6 hours at the airport, and all that just to see the band...I was out of control!! But I felt so happy!!
But...when i got home...my dad was with a bad boy face...just said: I thought I had a woman in my house...but I do have a child!!! I looked at him...but I guess he saw that he could say whatever he wanted...cus I was floating...way up to the sky!!
My grandmother...she freaked out!! She just said: Oh Tania...I can't believe you did it all just to see a stranger...you don't know him!!
But..i felt like: Oh grandma...I do know BONO!!! He is just the most sweet guy i ever saw!!! But I'd better don't say a thing!!!
Anyway...this shows how my family faces my u2 adiction...I simply can't help it!!
This is way beyond my control!! I love them...and that's it!! No one can take that away from me!! So...i think I'll never get over it!! And you know what?? That feels just fine!!! :wink:

My Mum said I am like my Dad she said we both love music he has his Elvis addiction and I have my U2 addiction. I used to talk about U2 all the time but not that much anymore, I always talk about "when we went to Slane" though :up: that drives my family mad.

I go through obsessions with bands (currently Seafood) like people go through...other...things...that are gone through a lot...

Yeah, I'm frequently obsessed with more than one band. Some obsessions pass, others I'll probably be addicted to forever. It's the little things, like a sharpie up a nose, that just reel me in... ;)

Yeah...but I wouldn't call it obsession! I wouldn't be screaming for BONO or so!!!
It's just a sweet honest feeling I have insime me...like if they are part of tha family!"!!

:wink: That's It!!! Exactly!! Like you Do KNOW them!! It's just always been like that..not like you are seeing them for the first time..like it was Meant to be!! Know what I mean?:wink: that's the good thing about living on my own..can do what I want.

Exactly...did you read my mind??? :)
When i saw BONO, it wasn't like a stranger to me...not at all!!
It was like meeting someone really close to me...like if I do know him very well...like if he is a part of me!!!

YAY for them!! U2 do move in 'Mysterious Ways' and they caught me 'Stuck in a moment'! Like a 'Kite', my mind is always flying around, totally 'Out of Control', like it's the 'Last Night on earth'!
'All i want is U2' I'd say! Don't say 'If god WILL send his angels'...he already did!! They are making our every single day, a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

:wink:

my_kite said:

YAY for them!! U2 do move in 'Mysterious Ways' and they caught me 'Stuck in a moment'! Like a 'Kite', my mind is always flying around, totally 'Out of Control', like it's the 'Last Night on earth'!
'All i want is U2' I'd say! Don't say 'If god WILL send his angels'...he already did!! They are making our every single day, a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

:wink:

:cute: That's too cute!

There's nothing wrong with having a healthy obsession with U2 ... I think everyone here does! It's great that there is a such a wonderful band for all us fans to look up to and admire, and that they've kept making super music for so many years. Let's hope they continue to! :applaud: Hooray U2!

Back
Top Bottom