I am tired of the weird people in my neighborhood!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:
:hug: U2Kitten

Sorry to hear about your neighbourhood woes, but glad to hear you are another 'over protective Mom'. A lot of police departments offer community based programs to help deal with some of the problems that you are describing. If you are interested call the non-emergency number and find out what they and you and your neighbours can do to help prevent this problem.

Yes, definitely call the police. Generally if you alert them to some of the problems you're having, they'll step up patrol in the area. You should demand it, actually! You'd be surprised at what just a cruising patrol car can do for some of these creeps.

My dad is a cop and whenever he stops by in his car for stuff, or his friends stop by while on duty, our less savory neighbors immediately start bustling around, cleaning things up and locking themselves inside. :wink:

Our neighborhood was once nice, middle class--they actually called it the "Blue Ghetto" because so many cops lived here. Now many have moved out, and some really unpleasant types are moving in. Drunken rednecks, gang members, drag racers, etc. Car windows are being broken, we've seen this one particular group testing car doors to see if they're unlocked. It's really depressing. It makes me pretty angry too, because this is a decent area, with alot of shopping and resturants. These kids now have a nice house, could get a job, etc. This is not the desperate inner city. But they're deliberately choosing a criminal lifestyle. It really disgusts me.

when I was little I lived in a neighborhood each day more dangerous, sometimes I was scared at night cuz there were gun shots and people screaming and fighting in the streets... one day my dad found a bullet in the yard :( .. there were people involved in things like satanic cults and gangs.

we had the chance to move to a very modest neighborhood far from the big city. I live with my parents and usually is a quiet place but a month ago a gang killed three in one of the houses, they were dealing a kidnapping there cuz they thought the police wouldn't notice that in a quiet zone.

my boyfriend lives in a sub out of the city... he tells me there are "cleaning" groups... people who kills gang members, homeless, drug dealers, that's really scary :(

sometimes I think that it doesn't matter where you live, maybe cuz I've seen that violence reaches every social status here, i don't know... :(

I really hope that you can get out of there. And I think that there are people here who is right, you can call the police and start to solve the things that are bothering you. I've seen my parents and i know all the sacrifices that they made to protect my sister and I, so I understand how you feel and I know that you'd do everything for the people you love :)

Last edited:
:up: u2kitten, i guess by now you have read it all! All i can say in support is don't give up! And, don't berate yourself for having a heart! These people out there-are professional! With a 24 hour job at homelessness!! I have been homeless myself, and you would be surprized to find the ones who will really help you in a bind-they are not the ones you think will help! No one knows like someone that has, 'been there, done that, and moved on..'!And I can tell you this much-you can't be too overprotective!! Keep the faith-and just maybe, this might encourge you in your faith in humanity...modestneeds.org! Hope it helps!:hug:

wolfeden said:
People are rotten to each other everywhere, no matter how urban or suburban, rich or poor. I grew up in an infamously bad section of Boston MA and when my folks split up one of them moved to a supposedly "better town".... I have this to say for Boston, if someone was screaming for help outside there would be 10 or 15 people with baseball bats (or more..) outside in about .005 of a second, ready to help. No such decency in the richer, whiter town; they'd leave you to die before bothering to help or even pick up the phone to call 911.

As for people who sniff "well I could never live in a place like that"... Well aren't you lucky you weren't born into a family that lived in "a place like that" where you had no choice and no way to get out? Not everyone is so privileged.

U2Kitten :hug: hope you can get out of there soon... you'll find a way to a place you can be comfortable. In this day and age there's no such thing as being overprotective of our little ones; I don't let my 5 y/o outside alone either. Not for a second, and my closest neighbors are horses for pete's sake.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't born into the lap of luxury. I just have a positive attitude, and know what I want.

I'm sorry, I never thought this would turn out this way.

Again, I talk too much and shouldn't have mentioned personal things. I want to thank those of you who understood and were caring and supportive to me, it means a lot and I really appreciate it :up: :hug: You're wonderful people who have a heart :heart: :hug:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

There are also people at my daughter's school who like to brag about their homes and ask everyone at school functions where they live so they can compare! By that standard you are either accepted or rejected by them.(well,until we rifraff got conveneintly zoned out of the good school. It's almost hilarious the way they lines were drawn to avoid certain neighborhoods. People even have the gall to demand their kid go to the best
school because their house is bigger and they pay more taxes! That's not the child's fault if the parents can't afford a fancy house.Socio-economic discrimination sucks.)

I estudied in an private school, owned by nuns... I was in touch with people from all social status, from daughters of emerald dealers to girls who had to work in their parent's store. I saw all the things that you're talking about, and yeah that really sucks. It was so awfull when we had to buy gifts for the "secret friend game" sometimes the rich girls got mad when they didn't get the expensive gift that they wanted :madspit: ...

Hey Soul Always, when are you going to learn that you cant just "say whatever you want" around here without repercussions. We've discussed this already through email. If you have something to say, and it doesnt break the rules, great say it, but dont demand that 'now you want it dropped' because no one agrees with you or the conversation isnt going your way. You must be responsible for your actions. You do this all the time.

U2kitten, sorry that you have to go through that. Things will get better, dont give up.. keep working at it and keep trying to figure out ways to get out of there. I know it isnt easy.

Sicy said:
Hey Soul Always, when are you going to learn that you cant just "say whatever you want" around here without repercussions. We've discussed this already through email. If you have something to say, and it doesnt break the rules, great say it, but dont demand that 'now you want it dropped' because no one agrees with you or the conversation isnt going your way. You must be responsible for your actions. You do this all the time.

U2kitten, sorry that you have to go through that. Things will get better, dont give up.. keep working at it and keep trying to figure out ways to get out of there. I know it isnt easy.

I say I want it dropped because I don't want it to go a way I never intended it to go, like it always does, because I don't want to take away from the person who started the thread in the first place, and is the star. I do have THAT much consideration. So...I was being kind and steering it right back to where it needs to go. I hate to detract, I don't mean to detract, or ATTRACT, but I'm going to continue to say what I want to say, and if I have the unfortunate tendency to attract sharks...well, there you go, what can I do about it? Nothing.

I have something to say and I'm going to say it and I appreciate when the conversation can continue, therefore, along the same lines. I hate being a detraction and an attraction, but I am me, and that's who I am.:|

So...really...I don't appreciate the tone of what you say. However...I KNOW that the tone of what people say here is just the way words, and how people use them sound, and is not really the tone at all...but your very own tone, in your own head, as you read it.

*take a deep breath* I know I am profuse. As if U2Kitten, which she always apologizes for, and shouldn't. There, we have something in common.:) Do I like to talk a lot? Yes, I do...and people just have to deal with it. :p Over and out, good buddy, get back to the conversation. Thank you.

I know...this is a HUGE distraction...but what can I do. Me, me, me...look at me.

U2Kitten...I hope you can get rid of those vagrants.

Soul Always said:
So...really...I don't appreciate the tone of what you say.

I'd advise you to read the FAQs here, as I have advised you MANY times but it seems it falls on deaf ears.

Particularly this section:

What do I have to do wrong to get banned from the forum?
There are many reasons why you may be removed from the forum. If you register on this forum solely to say negative things about U2 or other members of the forum, you will be immediately banned.

If you register on this forum solely to advertise your website or sell merchandise, you will be warned and may be ultimately banned.

If you have been warned by the administrators on more than one occasion to not personally attack other members of the forum, and do not agree to comply, you may be banned.

If you were previously banned from this forum and attempt to register or post again, you will be immediately banned.

If you personally attack a moderator or administrator in a harsh manner, you may be banned immediately.

Premium Membership subscriptions will not be refunded if you are banned.

While you didnt exactly personally attack me, I dont like your tone either. So I suggest if you have a 'problem' with my tone, you email me privately.

One can only get so many chances here, just FYI.

Sicy said:

I'd advise you to read the FAQs here, as I have advised you MANY times but it seems it falls on deaf ears.

Particularly this section:

What do I have to do wrong to get banned from the forum?
There are many reasons why you may be removed from the forum. If you register on this forum solely to say negative things about U2 or other members of the forum, you will be immediately banned.

If you register on this forum solely to advertise your website or sell merchandise, you will be warned and may be ultimately banned.

If you have been warned by the administrators on more than one occasion to not personally attack other members of the forum, and do not agree to comply, you may be banned.

If you were previously banned from this forum and attempt to register or post again, you will be immediately banned.

If you personally attack a moderator or administrator in a harsh manner, you may be banned immediately.

Premium Membership subscriptions will not be refunded if you are banned.

While you didnt exactly personally attack me, I dont like your tone either. So I suggest if you have a 'problem' with my tone, you email me privately.

One can only get so many chances here, just FYI.

Well, if I say anything now it'll be taken as 1. an attack.

Last edited:
Soul Always said:

I'm going to continue to say what I want to say, and if I have the unfortunate tendency to attract sharks...well, there you go, what can I do about it? Nothing.

I have something to say and I'm going to say it

I am me, and that's who I am.:|

Do I like to talk a lot? Yes, I do...and people just have to deal with it. :p

Originally posted by Soul Always
Well, if I say anything now it'll be taken as 1. an attack

You mean you really have this attitude, and you remain clueless as to why people on message boards have a problem with you? :|

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom