I am such a square....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali Rose

New Yorker
*beats self up* Why am i such a weinie??? ....Gater round i have a story about me being a total loser and the reason i will be single forever....

Setting: last month, Pickled Parrot for drinks with the Co-workers.

Me: ends up tipping back a couple too many and sees random cute/nice guy working behind bar. So my Coworker finds out and says hes good friends with the guy (We'll call him Chad...cuz thats his name)

Coworker: makes him come over and say hi.

Me: *crawls under chair and dies of embarrasment*

Fast Fwd to today at work

Coworker guy: So would you wanna go to dinner with Chad? He asked me about you yesterday...I think i'll give him your number....

Me: :eek: :shocked: :ohmy: *crawls under chair again* NO WAY. YOU WOULDN"T.

Coworker: *steals said number from rolodex and will be giving it to Chad tonight*

Me: *throws cell phone in river and moves to Abu Dhabi*

Why can't i just be normal and date like everyone else does? Am I 12 years old? :reject: I'm scared to go out with him cuz he's way out of my league- one of those super good looking i go to the gym 3 times a day and shop at Banana republic kinda guys.....and because, its just weird to be set up...I seriously think just asking someone on a date before you even know them is just awkward and lame......? Someone correct me if i'm wrong...I have a week to gather myself for this atrocious event.....GAH!!!

Ali-
You will be fine:)

First off, dont undersell your self:)
He wouldnt ask you out if he wasnt struck w your physicxal beauty.
Next play him esp if you DIG him:yes:
This is your best move.
Act mildly interested..He will keep coming for you in conversation and follow up calls if he wants you.
Lastly DO NOT b easy esp if you are slobbering.
This is bad form;)
Play your hand well:)

Good luck.
Diamond

Who ever invented dating should be drug out into the street and shot

How can i DIG him when i don't even know him?? How do i know hes' not some psychokiller? The only reason i'm doing this is because when i said "I don't Do dates" my boss said to me---"You're gonna have a pretty lonely life then...." and i was all :sad:

He better not want a kiss until like the tenth date....Cuz i can't even kiss a guy unless i'm Totally :drool: GAGA :sick: for him...which happens really often.

Ok I'm gonna stop ranting now and just do it. Then they can write on my gravestone "She went on a date" I guess whats the worst that could happen??

:banghead:

Last edited:
Re: Who ever invented dating should be drug out into the street and shot

Ali Rose said:
How can i DIG him when i don't even know him?? How do i know hes' not some psychokiller? The only reason i'm doing this is because when i said "I don't Do dates" my boss said to me---"You're gonna have a pretty lonely life then...." and i was all :sad:

He better not want a kiss until like the tenth date....Cuz i can't even kiss a guy unless i'm Totally :drool: GAGA :sick: for him...which happens really often.

Ok I'm gonna stop ranting now and just do it. Then they can write on my gravestone "She went on a date" I guess whats the worst that could happen??

:banghead:
this is the reason for dating..
to find out.
ok?
db9:: :cool: :ohmy: :cool:

*sigh

*takes dating advice from Diamond*
* jumps off cliff* ;)

I better go to the gym now.. I have a week to lose 10 pounds.......:crack:

you have to date or else you'll never find the one

Ana said:
Ali I've seen yer piccie and you're gorgeous. I bet He's the one out of your league ;)

Date the guy! What can you lose?

I like Ana's advice.

WAIT a min....

diamond said:
Lastly DO NOT b easy

*gets slightly peeved*

:mad: :madspit: :mac: :macdevil:

another reason i hate dating......Why do guys think if you so much as glance their way you want to rip all their clothes off???

CUZ I DON'T, YO.

Re: WAIT a min....

Ali Rose said:

*gets slightly peeved*

:mad: :madspit: :mac: :macdevil:

another reason i hate dating......Why do guys think if you so much as glance their way you want to rip all their clothes off???

CUZ I DON'T, YO.

Not "easy"
I mean..overly "welcoming"
Boys need mystery..my faux pau- whatever sorry for wrong implication:ohmy:

db9:cool:

hoo hah

diamond, personally I dont think you should be giving anyone dating advice.

Its funny, Ali, But generally speaking I'm almost the exact same way.

I've been mistreated by too many guys to get too attached to them too soon. So it takes me awhile :(
With my current relationship, I am not allowing myself to get too attached, as I dont expect it to last very long. Its all I can have for the time being though, as I plan on moving so i dont want to get involved in anything long term right now.:slant:

Anyway, yes, go out with him, keep your guard up, but give him a chance. And let him know your true feelings, so he knows how to handle things, knows what to expect, etc.
You'll do fine. Just keep your eye on him. Not that you wouldnt want to, from the sounds of it!!! :D :love:

square.gif

Re: WAIT a min....

Ali Rose said:

CUZ I DON'T, YO.

OMG. I know. I have had guys of every stripe act this way torwards me - married guys, losers, crud, guys with massive egos,etc.
I will look at them no differently than i look at every other human being. But for some damn reason, they think the fact that I make eye contact means I'm screaming "Take me, i'm all yours hot stuff!!!!":barf:
Good lord. Get over yourselves, guys!!!

I'm gonna make sure i immediately start talking about marriage and children......

Then i'm gonna get real "pissed" and pour my drink over his head for no reason and storm out.

:laugh: :lol: :crack: ;)

chin up, beautiful!
life is gonna work out just perfectly for you

Funny, pretty, sensitive, deep, etc etc

You are everything a real guy looks for
and whoever is lucky enough to end up with you will be forever indebted to you , be that chad or someone else :)

you have many many reasons to exude confidence

I agree with staement below

diamond said:
I thought my advice was lovely:angry:

The 1st date=the screening date;)

db9:dance: :cool:

You're just going to go meet the guy and find out if you want to see each other or not. Either you'll like each other and see each other again...or you won't. If you are really worried about it, arrange to meet him somewhere rather than having him come pick you up. That way you can leave if he's a creep or stay if he's not. You have more control over the situation.

Ali Rose said:
Why can't i just be normal and date like everyone else does? Am I 12 years old? :reject: I'm scared to go out with him cuz he's way out of my league- one of those super good looking i go to the gym 3 times a day and shop at Banana republic kinda guys.....and because, its just weird to be set up...I seriously think just asking someone on a date before you even know them is just awkward and lame......? Someone correct me if i'm wrong...I have a week to gather myself for this atrocious event.....GAH!!!

Ali, let me just say that it's a relief to hear someone from the opposite sex who has pretty much the same views on dating. :) Call me crazy, but I like to actually get to know someone as a person before throwing romance into the equation. I've got really mixed feelings about the whole "hi, I don't know you, but you look cute - let's go have dinner sometime!" school of romance. It's just way too centered on looks above all else, but then, every now and then taking chances and acting on impulses can bring great results (ask daafish about that one ;)).

I know first dates can be nerve-wracking, but just see it as an opportunity to make a new friend first. I guess the way I like to look at those kind of things is, if I think she'd make a great friend after the first date, then hey, if nothing works out romantically, at least I've got a friend out of it!

And please, don't set the weight-loss goal just so you can impress some guy you don't even know. You're very pretty as you are (heck, most people just look goofy in drunk pics, and yet you manage to look good still - damn you! :D), and if 10 pounds matters to this guy, he ain't worth it. :) [cheesy-but-true]Do it for you and only you - everything else is a distant second.[/cheesy-but-true]

So go out and have fun! Relax, take it as a little chit-chat, whatever...If it doesn't do anything for you, then hey, you didn't know him, so no biggie, right? If sparks fly, well then you're a lucky girl and he's a lucky guy!

Besides, at least you've got a date! :madspit:

:D

Re: Re: I am such a square....

Diemen said:

Call me crazy, but I like to actually get to know someone as a person before throwing romance into the equation. I've got really mixed feelings about the whole "hi, I don't know you, but you look cute - let's go have dinner sometime!" school of romance.

This is EXACTLy what i was trying to say, i just couldn't get the wording right.....

but just see it as an opportunity to make a new friend first.

Yeah it hit me this morning that "Hey, Though I may not neccesarilly be looking for a BF this way, I could at least make a friend! WHich would be nice since I'm moving to this area soon and I don't know a soul down there yet....Plus I need a room mate, and from the sounds of it, he could be a potential!!

And please, don't set the weight-loss goal just so you can impress some guy you don't even know.

THis was a bit of a joke....don' t worry.
:sexywink: I admit I DO get EXTRMEMLEY self concious when i gain a few pounds but I usually lose them again soon! [/QUOTE]

Thanks so much Diemen, I'm glad there are a FEW guys out there with the same idea....Although, could I expect any less out of this fine, fine group of people????:heart:
I'm just gonna go and have a good time and think of it as a new friendship....I'm actually starting to even look forward to it a little...

*fishes cell phone out of Mississippi River*

:dance: :D :dance: :D

Back
Top Bottom