I am starting to hate ppl who complain about u2 tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it was about money. The promoters over here were unable to "afford" to book u2. Our dollar at the time was like 28 cents in the dollar in ireland/uk and the promotors would not have made a profit as they would have to pay u2 to come in irish currancy and therefore would lost out on recouperating in australian currency.

So it wasn't acutally u2 per say, they just named their fee and how much it would cost for all the trucks/touring costs etc, and no australian promotor could afford it.

:( :( :(

but i KNOw they are coming this time! i can just feel it!

blahblahblah said:
I really do feel sorry for those in Australia and any other country U2 have neglected for such a long time. I think they're perfectly within their right to complain when they don't tour and IN A WAY, it's almost IS as if U2 have done them a personal wrong...

You get Bono saying "Thanks for giving us a great life, thanks for all your money blah blah..." then when it comes to touring Australia, they don't because their currency's weak or something and they won't make as much money as they do in America? That stinks, and just looks like they're putting the financial gain before the fans who have given them this 'great life', etc...

I agree that it sucks, but I don't agree with the attitude that U2 owes people things. It's not as simple as a weak currency or U2 not wanting to tour in Australia. From what I understood, it had more to do with Australia not being able to afford U2 so it was the other way around, not U2 saying they wouldn't make enough money if they played Australia. I know we all like to think touring is about music, fans, and the band, but it's more to do with economics than anything else and if there's not a strong enough market for U2 to play Australia, then there's not much else that can be done.

I'll be quite upset if U2 skips Australia again, no question about that. However, if you put this into an even bigger perspective, there are plenty of U2 fans out there who live in the countries that U2 have never toured and will never tour, ever, and who have no possibility to travel and see the band in another country either. I don't think we're the worst-off country, really.

dazzlingamy said:
it was about money. The promoters over here were unable to "afford" to book u2. Our dollar at the time was like 28 cents in the dollar in ireland/uk and the promotors would not have made a profit as they would have to pay u2 to come in irish currancy and therefore would lost out on recouperating in australian currency.

So it wasn't acutally u2 per say, they just named their fee and how much it would cost for all the trucks/touring costs etc, and no australian promotor could afford it.

:( :( :(

but i KNOw they are coming this time! i can just feel it!

This is the correct answer. But I believe you guys are getting them this time. South America is the area that is probebly going to get the shaft yet again. But you never know. You have to remember though it is a business. U2 and most other artists are not going to lose money to play live. Regarding the stripped down stage, that might help costs. But U2 are artists and they sort of feel that they need to bring the full show to do it right. We can disagree, but its their perogative.

Regarding the complaining. I get very tired of it as well and I get tired of complaining about the complaining :laugh: I TRY to stay out of most of those posts but sometimes I cant help but look and then I see something ridiculous and I cant avoid commenting. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But the opinion gets old when the same person expresses it 15 different times and its always negative. It seems most of the time, its the usual suspects doing and saying the same negative things at every turn. I always wonder why are they fans and/or why are they even here? I say this everytime, this is suppose to be fun, if its making you miserable find another hobby because its just not worth it. Its a rock band and a rock concert. If you dislike it so much, move on!

Blue Room said:

I say this everytime, this is suppose to be fun, if its making you miserable find another hobby because its just not worth it. Its a rock band and a rock concert. If you dislike it so much, move on!

I think there are people who like to complain. Not just about a band or concert, but about everything. When someone constantly complaines about every single thing I just figure that is enjoyable to them. It's not pleasant for anyone else, but they are enjoying it.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom