I am standing in the hallway of my School...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Yeah, so here I am standing in the hallway waiting for my 12:30 class to begin. I've had one class, I am considerably older than a lot of these students going to school to be a teacher, but I don't care. Maybe I'm the hot old guy. :sexywink:

Pff, whatever. Thing is, I am so happy I'm in school now taking these classes as opposed to me taking these when I was a punk college student that I was back in the day. These classes now have a meaning to me. I care to learn. Usually when it comes to school, it is more like, how little can i do to succeed. Great attitude right?

Not now though. now it's like I'm here to succeed no matter what it takes. Honestly, school has never been my thing. B's C's and more than the average student...D's. So yeah, I'm a little nervous. But I think I can do this.

Here we go...:wink:

Good luck on your schooling man. Nice to see so many going back to school and doing something they want/like to do.

Btw, you're not old...i'm old! :lol:

Hmmm, a concept worth considering...
kind of like the concept i have for baptism...
don't do it until you understand it and have an appreciation for the meaning behind it.
I wish you the best, your enthusiasm is what will pull you through if you ever start questioning.

Keep us updated, you might even inspire some of us who always considered...

Phil, I was like that when I was younger, too. It was always the minimum of work I could do to pass, and no more (unless it was a class I really did enjoy). Now that I've been back for a few weeks now, I care about getting good grades, and I want to do well in every single assignment.

I thought I was going to be the oldest person there, too, but I have a considerable number of people in my classes who are older, some in their 50's even.

You're going to do great, just remember that! :up:

dude if you're old what does that make me?
anyway, i'm glad you're going back. i hope that many others like you will do the same. something i've experienced with nontraditional aged college students is that they are often intimidated by the age difference. when actually, sometimes i prefer working with nontraditional aged students over the traditional ones. they have more of a sense of knowing, they have an articulated goal in mind and are mature enough to lay down a strategy to achieve it. i love all my students, but i do think my younger ones take for granted the opportunity to pursue higher education. it isn't a right in this country, it is a privilege. nontraditional aged students appreciate that more.

now go back to class and kick some ass! :)

Good lord, the way you guys are talking about age...
makes me sound like i should be in a facility,
eating dinner at 1:00pm, playing bingo and having my Attends changed.
Geez.
Stop already.

no no no...the slow arse computers in the hall. Horrible. The laptop is not in my hands...ever...:sad:

First day was fine. Though, I have to admit, I still have a little college guy left in me. I went into my class thinking it was going to be a class that taught one thing, and it ended up the class was nowhere near what I thought it was.

Did that make sense? :scratch: regardless, it's a cool class and the prof wants us to text message her if we really need to get ahold of her. :hmm: I think she's 2-3 years older than me.

I'm only 25 guys! I'm not that old!

headache, is this something I should worry about too?

If he touched the new laptop, I'd know :)

I wipe it clean several times a day, so I can see other people's finger prints. :wink:

Phil came down to my cubicle to let me know that he has to write a poem :giggle:

Hi Phil :wave:
I went back to university the year before last to do a post-grad degree. The first time at uni i JUST scraped through, but this time around, doing something i REALLY wanted to do, i did really well and even made the merit list!!
Good luck with your studies - I really enjoyed going back to study, and I hope the experience is the same for you too :)

Got Philk? said:

I'm going for Special Education and Elementary. I know...I'm crazy

Sooo not crazy!
I think thats beautiful.
I am a parent of an autistic and legally blind child (well, he's almost 20, but mentally he's about 8-10).
Anyways, i dont know what i would have done without the dedication and true love Special Ed. teachers
had for my son.
Though any person who dedicates their life, time, energy, and money into making a difference in the lives of our youth, esp these days...
is a wonderful person to me.

night_and_day66 said:

Sooo not crazy!
I think thats beautiful.
I am a parent of an autistic and legally blind child (well, he's almost 20, but mentally he's about 8-10).
Anyways, i dont know what i would have done without the dedication and true love Special Ed. teachers
had for my son.
Though any person who dedicates their life, time, energy, and money into making a difference in the lives of our youth, esp these days...
is a wonderful person to me.

As someone who has worked with people with developmental disabilities, I wanna say that parents of people with disabilities are probably some of the smartest people in the world. Ya'll sure do know the laws!!! :hug: Having met parents who are so knowledgeable and compassionate about their child's services has really helped me in my work too.

Last edited:
One word for you Phil - gloves :shifty:

Good luck - you'll do fine, especially since it's something you want to do. And make sure you've finished all your homework!

Back
Top Bottom